healingwave

2+ Year Member
May 17, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
The B/B and P/S sections were extremely difficult for me. I hope everyone else thought those sections were particularly rougher than the AAMC scored. I hope they have a generous scale. What is a good mcat score that can make me competitive for DO schools. So far I have a 500 on my previous attempt with a 3.5 cGPA and 3.2 sGPA. I'm hoping I can get around a 505+.

exacto

5+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
There are multiple tests given out, so the test you took may or may not be the same even compared to the person to you left or right of you at your testing facility...

Reactions: You're My Boy Blue

radian313

7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2009
Status
Medical Student
The B/B and P/S sections were extremely difficult for me. I hope everyone else thought those sections were particularly rougher than the AAMC scored. I hope they have a generous scale. What is a good mcat score that can make me competitive for DO schools. So far I have a 500 on my previous attempt with a 3.5 cGPA and 3.2 sGPA. I'm hoping I can get around a 505+.
I would have gladly taken that 500, applied broadly, gotten an acceptance, and ran....but thats just me

Reactions: dial1010usa

radian313

7+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2009
Status
Medical Student
@radian313 were your stats similar?
If you do a search you'll quickly see a lot of people got in to a school with similar stats, 3.5/3.2/500. Unless you want to be picky and go to a specific school that has higher stats, I think you would fair well with what you have. But that said, I hope you didnt do bad on the most recent take, because that would change things up a bit.