Took this D** (Darn) test twice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hreiss

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took this test for the first time in October and then just recently in January. I did ok in October, but the only school I applied to looks at the 3 science scores more than the composite. I have already interviewed and was told my packet is still being considered. So I opted to take this test again to see if I could improve the scores. I think I did ok for an old guy who hasn't had a chemistry/math course in close to 10 years:oops:

Score:

October 2006
Verbal: 92
Biology: 86
Reading: 97
Quant: 50
Chem: 63
Composite: 87

January 2007
Verbal: 97
Biology: 87
Reading: 98
Quant: 82
Chem: 76
Composite: 94

I have a Masters with a Graduate GPA in the 3.3-3.4 Range on over 100 Graduate hours. I'm a Physician Assistant with a wife in Pharmacy School. Hopefully I improved it enough to get them to accept me. I only applied to one school because my wife has one more year and can't afford 2 households with 2 students. So I hope they take me for 2007, if not then I'm pretty sure I could get into a school somewhere in 2008 with these scores. So I am not taking this test ever again:laugh:

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks, In fairness I was pretty sick when I took the test the first time around some kind of stomach flu. But I did put some effort into reviewing math and chemistry since I needed improvement on that. Hopefully they notice :)

Dude, your golden. Have fun in pharmacy school next Fall!!

Members don't see this ad :)
What schools did you apply to? My composite is 59, but I got over 90 in the chem and math sections.

what are you worrying about dude. i have a 57 pcat composite and have been accepted to samford and cincy so far. im confident that ill hear from UK in the next two weeks. your worrying for no reason the pcat doesnt matter as much as people try and say it does.

I applied to VCU they look at math, bio and chem from what I have been told. They also prefer above 70 in all areas, this is what I was told. The PCAT matters more at some schools then it does others. It helps if your gpa isn't so hot to have a good PCAT score.

what are you worrying about dude. i have a 57 pcat composite and have been accepted to samford and cincy so far. im confident that ill hear from UK in the next two weeks. your worrying for no reason the pcat doesnt matter as much as people try and say it does.

what was your gpa?

I am so stuned when someone says they got a 90 on their chem or bio sections (esp. when they haven't taken a math or science for 10 years) What's the secret?

I only got 87 BIO, 82 Math and 76 Chem with composite of 94. First time around I got much lower(see initial post). But I haven't had any of the prerequisites in close to 10 years. I did ok when I took those courses the first time around but not anything to write home about. After I got the first scores, I called the school they suggested it wouldn't hurt for me to take it again. So I went out and bought a whole bunch of study guides with the sample tests. I had roughly six weeks. So I took as many sample tests as I could stomach and reviewed the questions I missed on them. In 6 weeks I raised my score fairly significantly had I had another six weeks I think I could have done better still and even on the bio too, but concentrated on math and chem since those were the weakest the first time around. I would suggest analyzing how you did this time and if you have to retake it focus on those sections with just a general over view of everything else. In other words do the reading and biology tests too. If you did poor on everything then I'm not sure exactly how to help. I had always done reasonably well with math problems. but the time required to complete the test without a calculator getting all the problems right is not possible. I tried to skip ones I knew would take a long time to work. Marked them in the book and picked the same letter for each unless I had a reasonably good guess. I will be putting the bundle of books that I bought on e-bay probably in the near future. I'll try to post a link.:luck: