Quantcast

top 10 med schools??

Free Sample Essays
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prmdbeach17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone give me a list of the top 10 med schools? I found the US News rankings but there is one for research and a separate one for primary care. On another student doctor site I found lists that go by MCAT, NIH and a mixed list which said that the rankings are based on US News. Is the real list a mix of them all? Are top 10 like Harvard, Stanford, Yale, JHU, UPenn, Columbia, the UC schools, etc.??

DrBowtie

Final Countdown
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can someone give me a list of the top 10 med schools? I found the US News rankings but there is one for research and a separate one for primary care. On another student doctor site I found lists that go by MCAT, NIH and a mixed list which said that the rankings are based on US News. Is the real list a mix of them all? Are top 10 like Harvard, Stanford, Yale, JHU, UPenn, Columbia, the UC schools, etc.??
The top 10 thrown around here come from the USNews Research rankings.

Law2Doc

5K+ Member
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The top 10 thrown around here come from the USNews Research rankings.

Yes. Primary care tends only to be mentioned by schools if the schools don't score well on the research list -- so it's sort of an honorable mention. Schools like Harvard, Hopkins etc tend not to score particularly high in the primary care list while a few DO schools make that list each year. Research is where the money is in medicine, and prestige follows money in the allo world.

trichomoniasis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

FWIW UCSF is the only UC school that has remained in the USNWR top 10 the past two years.

prmdbeach17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I just listed that because everyone is always talking about how difficult it is to get into the Cali schools on here, and I wasn't sure if the USNews list is the one people go by or if there's another way of ranking them.

trichomoniasis

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I just listed that because everyone is always talking about how difficult it is to get into the Cali schools on here, and I wasn't sure if the USNews list is the one people go by or if there's another way of ranking them.

the all powerful supply/demand ranking. There's no easy way to rank medical schools in a linear fashion.