Quantcast

top 10 schools

Travel to Ghana on the Ultimate Med Immersion
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sistahnik

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
what schools would you guys say were the top schools? thanks for the replys and happy new year to all!!:love: :love:

Supadupafly

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just bumped the top five thread. If you want more than that, look at the ratings under "things you need to know", above. On this board, it's pretty much subjective though. To choose a school based on it's reputation with pre-med students would be a mistake.

umass rower

Insert clever phrase here
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any school that accepts me is a top 10 school as far as I'm concerned. Any school that rejects me is overrated. End of discussion as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, there are a couple different places that do school rankings. US News and World Report does one of the most widely publicized, and I'm sure you can find it if you do a search (either on here or Google it).

sistahnik

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks supadupa , I was just wondering what schools everyone considered to be the top. actually, top 5 is great also because I only plan on applying to 1 of them.

thanks unmass, you're correct. if I base it on what ppl say then I'm sure I will get so many different opinions.

once again sdn family comes through with the answers to a problem!! :laugh: :laugh:

sistahnik

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
supadupa you are right! everyone has their own idea of what top is, although there were a few schools that showed up quite a bit. oh well, guess I'll have to get info on my own basis directly from the individual schools to get a better idea. thanks again!!

E

Eraserhead

Wash U, Harvard, Yale, Stanford, Cornell, Johns Hopkins, UPenn, UCSF, Michigan, etc.

sistahnik

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i guess I have a few schools to check out! thanks for the replys. hope everyone has a great weekend!! feel free to continue giving your input for those who haven't yet!! :D :D

E

Eraserhead

yeah sorry that was just off the top of my head...

and i wasn't sure where most people stop