Top 5 signs you have Pharmacy Schoolitis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharmgrlnxdor

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, in between studying for the January PCAT and checking for interview invites, I took the time to write up this top 5 list. It would have been 10 but I ran out of relaxing time and have to get back to OChem review.
Top 5 signs you have Pharmacy Schoolitis
5. After sticking your whole head inside the mailbox to determine if anything good has arrived you come to the realization that the mailman is late yet again, and you have the strong desire, once he shows up, to shake him until a letter of invitation and/or acceptance drops out of that dang red, white, and blue striped mailbag.
4. For several nights you have had dreams where you accidentally met one or more ADCOM members in unusual settings and impressed them with your wit, cat juggling ability, and/or superhuman powers.
3. At your weakest moments you seriously consider bargaining with the devil just so you won’t have to fill out the nightmare that is Pharmcas again.
2. If local, you drive by the school like a jilted lover, just to make sure they haven’t possibly closed up shop between the time of your application submittal and now. If not local, you call their 800 number just to hear them answer the phone, Blah, blah University, and then hang up hoping they don’t *69 you.
1. You have logged into your pharmacy school portal online to check your status so many times the welcome screen now officially just says, “YOU AGAIN?!?”

So, right about now we all need a laugh….what is your top sign that you have Pharmacy Schoolitis?

Members don't see this ad.

6. You tell your girlfriend/boyfriend to stop calling you during daytime hours just so you don't have to feel that disappointment of hearing your cell phone ring, then seeing that it's not an unknown number.

7. You start despising people who comment on your school's SDN thread and ask "anybody hear anything yet?" because well... you were hoping somebody heard something.

Good list pharmgrl. keep them coming

8. Instead of getting laid on weekends, you end up laying next to your PCAT study material. Not saying that's me or anything :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, spooning with the PCAT material, been there, done that...so depressing. By the way, for those that don't know, the Kaplan book can double as a pillow but don't try that with the Dr. Collins material unless you want little staple mark imprints in your cheek the next morning.

Yes, spooning with the PCAT material, been there, done that...so depressing. By the way, for those that don't know, the Kaplan book can double as a pillow but don't try that with the Dr. Collins material unless you want little staple mark imprints in your cheek the next morning.

While on the top of Dr. Collins' guide, how are you fairing in the practice tests? I've finished all the tests and am planning on reviewing all of them again to make sure I got all of it. It didn't take me more than a week and a half to go through all the study material and the practice exams (~ 3-5 hours a day). That sound about right? Or am I missing something?

oooh! I can't wait until I receive Dr Collins PCAT study materials. :D

A few grey hairs count....but a whole head full of them as a result of this process would be funnier.

9. Once looked forward to with great joy and enthusiasm, you now view weekends and holidays as just torturous passages of time since ADCOMs don't meet or make decisions.....as in, "Ahhhh sh** it's the weekend again!! What?? Today is a holiday?!? Oh just great!"

Yeah, having your mother tell you to shut it is hilarious and definitely a sign that you are experiencing the dreaded disease Pharmacy Schoolitis!