Top, Front, End is killing me...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KHANSAHAAB

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm doing the kaplan subject tests on this particular portion of the PAT and I can't score more than a 4 (out of 15). Can anyone give me advice on how I can approch this section?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

KHANSAHAAB said:
Hey all,

I'm doing the kaplan subject tests on this particular portion of the PAT and I can't score more than a 4 (out of 15). Can anyone give me advice on how I can approch this section?

Thanks

Read my thread about my DAT exam. It's titled "8/2, glad to be done with DAT..."

Don't try to actually figure out what the 3D object looks like. Basically just learn what the lines (dotted and dashed actually mean). For example, lets say that your looking at the front veiw of a square shaped object and there is another solid square in the middle. This either means that there is a square shaped object coming in or going out. Thus in the side view you should either see a dotted line or the square object actually coming out. Sorry if i just confused you even more. What helped me was to actually take an object (i.e. a cup or something on my desk) and look at it from the top-front-end and mentally sketch its 2D image. You'll get it, just practice.

KHANSAHAAB said:
Hey all,

Thanks

Use line/event counting to eliminate some wrong answer(s) first. Next, learn to interpret all solid/hidden lines given and quickly figure out just the supposed 3D structure in the area/corner of concern. These two golden rules should appreciably get you over 10 out of 15 questions correct under all situations.

Questions from Kaplan are considered easier than the real things. When you eventually feel comfortable with the methods I told you, use DAT Achiever to further drill your perceptual ability. It has both the 2D and 3D explanantions in Top-Front-End section that will further help you visualize things probably still not seen by yourself. This is the software that will prepare you for the worse not only in PAT, but also in SNS, QRT, and perhaps part of RCT. :luck: