Top-Front-End Strategies + Chm question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rcwha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am having the hardest time figuring out how to approach this section. Kaplan and Barron's didn't help me much. Do any of you guys have any suggestions, step by step approaches that you would like to offer?

Also, I'm a little unsure how the chm. section is going to be b/c ive heard that they've changed it up a bit (less math, more conceptual questions). I did top score but that was mostly calculations. I'm bout to take some Achiever exams this week and I was wondering if their chm sections. were a better resemblance of the actual test.

Thanks for all your help,
Worried kid

Members don't see this ad.

you didn't find the kaplan method on TFE to be useful? I think that was about the only thing Kaplan helped me out on haha.

TFE.JPG

i added an attachment of how you should approach those problems. let me know if it makes sense. The blue lines on the top and front will be similar. The red lines will be the same on the front and the end views. And the green lines will be the same on the top and end views. I color coded to make it easier to distinguish.

and as for the chem section, i'm in the same boat as you are. gonna take a practice achiever exam tomm. i'll let you know if it's on the conceptual end or the calculation end even though i can't really compare it to the real thing.

I am taking the test on Monday and I have been wondering the same thing. I have taken all the tests that came with Kaplan, Topscore, and achiever. I still don't feel prepared even though I have studied so much.

I will post my experience as soon as I get my scores. As of now, my achiever scores are: BIO 26 21 17 GCHM 21 18 17 OCHM 21 18 21 PAT 18 20 18. Can anyone comment on this?

Anyway, good luck studying. Wish me luck on the test on Monday.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't find the attachment. Or is the pic the attachment? I didn't see any on that pic but the image itself. Did you have anything else on there?

Yeah, definitely let me know about the chm. section. I am mostly likely going take achiever on Mon. or Tue.

Thanks for the help...

the image is the attachment. that's all there is to it lol. below it, i described how to interpret the image. let me know if it still doesn't make any sense and i'll try wording it in another way in relation to the image.

Oh okay...I think i understand what you're trying to say, but i dk how you would use that approach to solve the problem. Like what is the first thing you do when you see the problem. Do you look the lines of each view and blend em in?
I'm just confused..Sorry to be such a bother, but I would greatly appreciate if if you could elaborate on your strategy...

It seems like everyone i talk to thinks this section of the pat isn't that bad.
For some reason this section isn't clicking for me :( I just need that one bit of random advice to get me over that hump...Hope you're it lol

Once again thanks! :)