Quantcast

Top Paying Jobs...surprise,surprise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MegaProjectile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
According to CNN Money, anesthesiology ranks as the no.1 top paying job followed by Ob/gyn and psychiatry(???).

Complete list

Anesthesiology
Ob/gyn
Psychiatry
CRNA
Sales Director
Actuary
Financial Director
Software Engineer
Attorney
Insurance

http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2009/moneymag/0910/gallery.bestjobs_highestpaid.moneymag/index.html

According to them, high pay for anesthesiology is due to "inherent stress". :laugh: Someone should tell our friends at CNN that doctors are paid per procedure and not how stressful the job is(or else general surgeons and EMs will all be millionaires).
I wonder who compiled the list anyway? Did they look at radiologists, CT surgeons and OMFS? Oh well, back to my morning coffee......

vickpick

TreeHugger
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
edit:

oh, I see, this list of TOP PAYING is made by payscale.com and MOney...

these are the best paying jobs w/ the best (least) amount of stress involved..

Everglide

EM
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Saw that list a while ago, they split up the specialties in a strange way that didn't really make any sense... probably to make the list more interesting. After all, it is a media site and not a data site.

MegaProjectile

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
edit:

oh, I see, this list of TOP PAYING is made by payscale.com and MOney...

these are the best paying jobs w/ the best (least) amount of stress involved..

Well, they contradicted themselves by placing Ob/gyn on the list. High stress, highest malpractice pay(in some states) and frequent lawsuits.