top schools for primary care

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brownemily22

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
in your humble opinions, what schools would you say have a good reputation for primary care? which ones emphasize primary care over research? i have found this harder to find out than expected.

Members don't see this ad.

U. of Washington in Seattle is ranked #1. Check USNews and World Report medical education website for the complete rankings.

Few will deny that U of Washington is number one for primary care. It has exceptional opportunities for training at rural sites. The unfortunate thing is that it accepts few students from other than Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Katie
OHSU (#2), UVM, Nebraska, ECU, MSU-CHM, MSU-COM

ECU has often come up #1 in family practice, I believe [subset of primary care].

Anyone know anything about SIU for family practice?

U of Washington in Seattle. They are the only med school in the Northwest and serve most of those states. They have been ranked #1 in primary care. They have tons of programs for med students and pre-meds alike to encourage practice in primary care.

There seems to be an echo in here! ;)

Originally posted by Random Access
ECU has often come up #1 in family practice, I believe [subset of primary care].

yes, you are right.. but this does not take away from the fact that OHSU is #2 overall for primary care.