Top Three People on SDN You'd Like to Meet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1. mimelim is a dude I'd love to meet
2. cheechootrain has awesome puns
3. Panda Bear is just... awesome. I absolutely love his blog.

As Shenanigans, I try to maintain my persona, but roommates keep destroying my Avatar's personality and street cred. Come to the beach and I'll grab a beer with ya, or I'll meet you on the interview trail.

Members don't see this ad :)
michelle au
theprowler
mimelim

If I can't get them then LizzyM, myuu, spectorgt, asagacious, drizzt and that duck guy, forgot his name.

Not wingedscapula though, I'm not ready to be pimped yet.

:laugh:

Honestly, I was j/k with you in the other thread. I'm very nice IRL and hardly ever pimp. You have to watch out for my friend the plastic surgeon though; she's a pimpin' fool!

I've enjoyed meeting lots of SDNers over the years. I've only refused to meet one when he started sending me sexually explicit photos and offers to my *work* email. He then had the gall to get upset when I reported him to Lee and mentioned that if I he didn't leave me alone, I would contact his PD (he was starting residency here in town).

Last edited:

Honestly, I was j/k with you in the other thread. I'm very nice IRL and hardly ever pimp. You have to watch out for my friend the plastic surgeon though; she's a pimpin' fool!

I've enjoyed meeting lots of SDNers over the years. I've only refused to meet one when he started sending me sexually explicit photos and offers to my *work* email. He then had the gall to get upset when I reported him to Lee and mentioned that if I he didn't leave me alone, I would contact his PD (he was starting residency here in town).

:eek:

From what I have observed over the past five years, it seems like there are quite a few stalkerish things that occur in the lounge from time to time like you describe. SDN is weird, sometimes. :scared:

Is that you on the pic in front of the ocean? 'Cause I think I'd like to meet you...:)

From what I have observed over the past five years, it seems like there are quite a few stalkerish things that occur in the lounge from time to time like you describe. SDN is weird, sometimes. :scared:

Society is weird, sometimes.

I and Lee used to use our real names as our SDN user names. Never gave it a second thought until Lee had an angry SDN user show up at his work place. We realized how exposed we were and potentially at risk. We changed our user names right then and there.

I'm not totally paranoid about it and its pretty easy to figure out who I am. I have safely met a number of people and made some great friends. One of my best friends and I met on an old medical BB, Chrononet, nearly 20 years ago.

And while over the years I've received some cute professions of love or sexual propositions from SDN users, this was the first one that made me question being as open as I am. He went to the trouble of finding out where my office was, what my office email was and making some comment about where I lived. I've always been confident and independent but I realized that I go to the trouble of protecting my professional on-line image, why am I not protecting my physical safety? I removed my headshot from my profile and replaced it with the yoga one. That seemed to have worked until now... :laugh:

Is that you on the pic in front of the ocean? 'Cause I think I'd like to meet you...:)

That is me on Kanawa Island, in Komodo National Park, a few months ago, doing some yoga before diving with Mantas.

Send me your application and I will consider meeting. :p

I and Lee used to use our real names as our SDN user names. Never gave it a second thought until Lee had an angry SDN user show up at his work place. We realized how exposed we were and potentially at risk. We changed our user names right then and there.

I'm not totally paranoid about it and its pretty easy to figure out who I am. I have safely met a number of people and made some great friends. One of my best friends and I met on an old medical BB, Chrononet, nearly 20 years ago.

And while over the years I've received some cute professions of love or sexual propositions from SDN users, this was the first one that made me question being as open as I am. He went to the trouble of finding out where my office was, what my office email was and making some comment about where I lived. I've always been confident and independent but I realized that I go to the trouble of protecting my professional on-line image, why am I not protecting my physical safety? I removed my headshot from my profile and replaced it with the yoga one. That seemed to have worked until now... :laugh:

That is me on Kanawa Island, in Komodo National Park, a few months ago, doing some yoga before diving with Mantas.

Deal, I'm applying next year... I promise I'm not a weirdo.

Members don't see this ad :)
1) I feel left out and if you're not an old-school SDNer you would probably never think of meeting me.

2) I'd like to meet Winged Scapula, xanthomondo (just because of how helpful he's been to me), and Caesar. (Sorry to all other mod staff)

Damn, thats crazy. Don't mess around with personal info on the internet. sad reality.

I meant your application and LORs to meet me, not your med school app. And if you're considering medical school, you *are*, by definition, a weirdo. :laugh:

Ohh, I see. what are the requirements, anything in particular you're looking for? :D I meant a weirdo in the sense of being a stalker, I know that "No means No":p
Maybe bacchus could write me a LOR

bahahaha. Oh dear.

:thumbup:

I found myself really pissed at QofQuimica after the MCAT because her study guide is way too frigging detailed and a borderline waste of time. I would still like to meet her though.
How 'bout I happily refund all the money you spent to read my posts? Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to refund your wasted time. And seeing as I have enough people "pissed" at me IRL, I'm going to pass on the meeting. :hungover:

I have met Winged Scapula, and she is very cool. And yes, there are definitely a few weirdos on SDN. I've had some stalker experiences as well. Sigh.

Yup, I would say society is weird sometimes, ha.

How crazy do you need to be to hunt down an admin IRL that has made you angry in some imaginary online forum world for med nerds? Insanity.

1) I feel left out and if you're not an old-school SDNer you would probably never think of meeting me.

I am a bit old school. Sorry. Not in my top ten.

1) QofQuimica

2) ChocolateBear

3) SN2ed

A sit down with LizzyM and catalystik to go over my application completely some time next may would be pretty sweet

I assume that the picture was taken by an anonymous admirer who then sent it to you by pm.

LizzyM, Nicknaylor (though I skyped with him), tatertots (mythical figure in my mind, probably speaks in rhymes), kdizzle (another legend) and I had the pleasure of meeting sdn poster Jesse.

I assume that the picture was taken by an anonymous admirer who then sent it to you by pm.

LOL...Since there were only about 10 people on the island, a couple of wild dogs, Mountain goats and assorted sea life, It's probably more likely that the photo was taken by my traveling companion. He likes to take pictures of me when I'm not looking/posing.

Hmm, I've already met a lot of the SDN regulars I know from way back when. But there are a few left that I haven't met yet but would like to meet some day. I'll say Lee, cabinbuilder, and Abider.
eh, I met Lee before. You are wasting your vote. I am way more awesome. :smuggrin:

I, too, feel left out :mad:

I also have met quite a few, people from on here, but I'll say Lee, All4MyDaugher (and the other admins :) ), and for a non-admin, JJMrK. Caesar too, so that we can have it out once and for all :smuggrin:

What does a guy gotta do to get that cool "rocket science" emblem?
Demonstrate competency in rocket science by answering a question of that sort. If you actually have a degree in it PM WildWing and tell her your degree and ask for a test question so you can get the logo.

Or, be an Admin. :) Keeping Spursy in line requires a similar skill set.

Demonstrate competency in rocket science by answering a question of that sort. If you actually have a degree in it PM WildWing and tell her your degree and ask for a test question so you can get the logo.

Orly?
and of course, aPD

:thumbup:

Actually for Rocket Scientist please send in a help desk request rather than a PM: http://help.studentdoctor.net/.

It will still be me that does the verification.

I didn't know that there were so many admins on this site. I guess you guys all hang out in the attending forums now.

I didn't know that there were so many admins on this site. I guess you guys all hang out in the attending forums now.

I still poke my head in here from time to time, but I'm mostly over in Allo and clinical rotations these days :)

You can also find a full list of mods and admins here: http://forums.sdn.net/showgroups.php

Lee, Stitch and of course, aPD

BTW, I got my rocket scientist badge by virtue of publishing in the field in the peer-reviewed literature.

Ah...so I guess as a biomedical engineering major, the rocket will forever elude me. ...pity.

Wait a minute, in the engineer club, we shoot a rocket off every year...can I get a badge from that?! :D

I had it in me to take calc based physics. That counts, right? :laugh:

I've always assumed that Winged Scapula was a man...surgery stereotypes? lol

Some would claim that female surgeons *are* men but I can assure you I'm a very feminine girly woman. You wouldn't be the first to assume I'm male.

Man or woman, your posts are very informative (and entertaining). I've been lurking in the surgery forums for the past few months, and I always keep an eye out for your posts :).

NickNaylor (because he seems very wise, plus I am a Pritzker wannabe :cool:)
Venom5 and Fivo (because they are hilarious:laugh:)