Topscore Pro vs. OAT Achiever. Also: "OAT Secrets"?

WoodyJI

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to decide between buying OAT Achiever or ordering Topscore Pro for practicing computerized OAT’s. Could those of you who see this post and have used either of them please take the time to tell me what you thought?

I'm also curious about the OAT Secrets e-book and his Flashcards. The e-book seems to be geared more towards “beating the test” than learning the subjects on it. Has anybody reading this actually used his e-book and would recommend it? The flashcards seem pretty expensive and one would probably benefit more from creating their own instead of using someone else’s, but even still, would any of you recommend them?

I am already aware of the typical roads to preparation for the test like using Kaplan OAT books, DAT books, and Princeton Review MCAT books. I'd love to hear what you have to say about these computerized practice tests and the over-priced “test breaker” e-book/flashcards. Thanks for your help everybody! :)

Members don't see this ad.

WoodyJI said:
I'm trying to decide between buying OAT Achiever or ordering Topscore Pro for practicing computerized OAT’s. Could those of you who see this post and have used either of them please take the time to tell me what you thought?

I'm also curious about the OAT Secrets e-book and his Flashcards. The e-book seems to be geared more towards “beating the test” than learning the subjects on it. Has anybody reading this actually used his e-book and would recommend it? The flashcards seem pretty expensive and one would probably benefit more from creating their own instead of using someone else’s, but even still, would any of you recommend them?

I am already aware of the typical roads to preparation for the test like using Kaplan OAT books, DAT books, and Princeton Review MCAT books. I'd love to hear what you have to say about these computerized practice tests and the over-priced “test breaker” e-book/flashcards. Thanks for your help everybody! :)

I used topscore pro, and while it was good in that it made me study, and it kept me studying throughout the time I'd alloted myself (in order to keep improving on the 3 tests), I found it fairly inaccurate in terms of comparing it to the OAT. it was way too nitty gritty with a lot of the science questions, and the quantitative section had much more intensive trig than I saw on the actual OAT. As a result, my final TopScore score, from a test I took a day and a half before I took the real OAT, was 40 points lower in both AA and TS as compared to my actual score. Only the reading comp section of TopScore was truly accurate, in my opinion.

WoodyJI said:

I can verify that the OAT Secrets e-book is total CRAP. I have an old copy that I no longer need, PM me for more info... ;)

The only info in the "book" that pertains to OAT is the number of questions on each section and time allowed. Otherwise, this book could be used for *ANY* test.

See also the links below. They all (from a CDL truck driving license to USMLE) seem eerily the same :)

There are many more exams this "quick fix" study guide is being peddled to on this website

As one who was "duped" by this, please don't fall for this crap....

I wish I read these forums earlier so I wouldn't have wasted my money =( But I will second the motion that the Oat Secrets e-book is " total CRAP"! don't buy it. Just gives you "general" exam advice that you should already know ie. do all the questions because you aren't penalized for wrong answers, etc..etc..
the only thing useful i found in that book was the list of terminology.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well I guess from looking at those links you pretty much "blew the lid off" of OAT Secrets. Thanks for the advice! :thumbup:

WoodyJI said:

I think OAT Achiever will be a great choice as it tests you with many challenging stuffs that are geared to the right contents of the OAT, particularly in Survey of Natural Sciences, Physics, and Quantitative Reasoning. Its detailed and sharp explanation to each problem featured is another plus point of the program. You should easily own the OAT if you truly prepare yourself well with this guide.