Totally Selfish?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoc4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel really selfish lately. I have a few interviews so far that I am really excited about at great schools and I know there are people stuck out there with none (hang in there all of you , I believe it'll work out for you!). Nonetheless, I can't help but be constantly feel jealous of all the people getting interviews at amazing schools (UPenn, Cornell etc.). Am I the only one that is driving themselves crazy with this? I think SDN is actually starting to be more hurtful than helpful for me, haha.

Members don't see this ad.

nah

what makes it even worse is when you get an auto invite from a tough school and the ones you thought would be thrilled you applied are ignoring you...there's not much logic visible in the whole process...

NO, I feel exactly the same way!!! I was so so so excited to get my first few interviews, and I am still excited about the places i'm interviewing...but, my three top choice schools have all started giving out interviews to people complete after me and i felt exactly the same way. I understand totally that it only takes one acceptance, but there are certain places we'd all definitely prefer to be... I am crazy jealous of the Penn, Cornell, and Brown invites, even though I understand that none of those schools are realistic goals for me and I shouldn't expect that anyway.

Members don't see this ad :)
NO, I feel exactly the same way!!! I was so so so excited to get my first few interviews, and I am still excited about the places i'm interviewing...but, my three top choice schools have all started giving out interviews to people complete after me and i felt exactly the same way. I understand totally that it only takes one acceptance, but there are certain places we'd all definitely prefer to be... I am crazy jealous of the Penn, Cornell, and Brown invites, even though I understand that none of those schools are realistic goals for me and I shouldn't expect that anyway.

the thing is, I don't think any of us know for sure what's realistic...

the thing is, I don't think any of us know for sure what's realistic...

Haha that is true, and while i'm not sure what is realistic, i am sure what isn't realistic; the dean of admissions at Penn pretty much told me not to bother applying there when i told her my gpa. and i totally understood why...but it didn't stop me.

I know what you mean. I have some interviews and I think pre-interviewing that I could be happy at anyone of them. I didn't help that Wake and Rochester had such a fast turn around time that expect others to be that fast as well. I didn't help that it took forever to get my last letter in so I am just now becoming complete at schools.