Totally unbiased view of the Health Care Reform

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bowchickawowwow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been looking for books that explain the new health care reforms within the Obama Administration in a truly unbiased form.

I read some stuff from Dr. Ezekiel Emmanuel, but I thought it was sort of biased (a little more liberal).

Is there anything that you guys have found useful because I really have no idea what the affects of this bill will be on the health care community, and I'd definitely like to be educated on the topic.

Members don't see this ad.

Read landmark:Americas new health care law and what it means for us all. It's written by the editors and authors of the Washington post. Very informative book.

I'm not sure about books, but you should look up speeches and commentary made by Dr. Alan Garber. He was the head of the center for health policy up at Stanford and I think he makes some great points about the legislation while it was being passed and after it was passed.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didnt find this book to be "unbiased" it seemed to lean fairly heavily towards pro reform to me. But it was good in that it was a very simple explanation of all the parts and time line. Didnt find the explanation of funding sufficient.

There is no unbiased view. Just read a bunch of reputable sources on both sides of the political spectrum and decide for yourself what health reform means. No one really knows.

Unless you read the entire bill yourself, you won't find a completely unbiased view of health care reform.

there's a lot of great material at kaiser family foundation

Unless you read the entire bill yourself, you won't find a completely unbiased view of health care reform.

I actually thought of doing that for a while, but with all those earmarks involved, I feel like it wouldn't give me the best sense of what the bill really does as I'd end up mixing it up with some totally different topics. Not much of a political buff as of yet.