Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Tough Interview question for y'all

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by JkGrocerz, Dec 18, 2005.

1. JkGrocerz

JkGrocerz Member
    5+ Year Member

Was asked this recently:

"tell me about "

I've never really run into this question yet. Since many of you folks are still interviewing what would you say if you were asked this?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. justskipee

justskipee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

That would be easy for me, none of my ideas are ever well received. What school asked this? What was your answer? seems kind of silly.

I got asked once, "tell me about a time when you let someone down?" answer that! ugh. I don't let people down...

4. JkGrocerz

JkGrocerz Member
    5+ Year Member

dude that sucks!

5. justskipee

justskipee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

ooh, i hope when I'm an old physician I'll get to be an interviewer. I'll ask the wackiest/funniest questions.

"If you had to be one kind of fruit, what would it be and why?"

"What is your favorite body part, and tell me about a time when it was not well received"

"What does Hakuna Matatah mean, and how will this guide your future way of life?"

"tell me about a time where you fell in life, and you couldn't get up"

"whats the deal with cancer?"

6. JkGrocerz

JkGrocerz Member
    5+ Year Member

if you think that's easy what would you respond with? I gave some vague bs answer that I can't even remember and I'm still sitting here for so long thinking about what could have been a better reply b/c im pretty sure im gonna hear this one again

7. SpiderMD

SpiderMD Susie Bad Girl
    5+ Year Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Loving the question about your fav. body part and when it wasn't well received! Thanks, I needed that!

8. justskipee

justskipee Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

i was just jokin, that question sucks. It seems like it would be easy, but then its hard to think of a specific example. THe best I would have come up with was something like, an idea for an assay in your research group that was not well received, but then twist it around and say that it worked great. I think that happened to me once.