Toughest / Easiest / Most Popular / Least Popular Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

toxin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do u guys think about that? which schools are in your opinion easiest/hardest to get in ? (omit in-state)

Members don't see this ad.

There is no such thing as easiest or hardest to get in IMO. Each school looks for different things in people. It all depends on the various factors in the individuals' application. There is no cut and dry easy school or cut and dry hard school.

Your qualifications may make it easier for you to get into school X over school Y. However, since another person's qualifications are different than yours they may have a harder time getting into school X that you had an easy time getting into but it may be easier for them to get into school Y. How can anyone say school X is harder to get into than school Y or vice versa?

It all depends on the person's qualifications. Someone with a 37 mcat may have an easier time getting into Hopkins than NYMC. While someone with a 29 mcat may have an easier time at nymc but will most likely get the shaft at hopkins.

A person can only decide which schools will be easier or harder to get into based upon their OWN qualifications. So a blanket statement saying that school X is easy to get into cannot hold true for everyone because everyone is different.

I guess you are right if you look at it from that perspective, but still technically speaking an ivy league is not the same as some school in minnesota or nebraska...

Members don't see this ad :)
Perhaps if you gave us some info on yourself(ie stats, ECs, trad vs non trad, research experience, etc.) we could tell you where it will be easier for YOU to get into.

Originally posted by toxin
I guess you are right if you look at it from that perspective, but still technically speaking an ivy league is not the same as some school in minnesota or nebraska...

You're right...Creighton is different from Harvard. But still...whether one will have an easier time applying to one school over the other school will depend foremost on their stats, then ECs, personal statements, yadda yadda yadda, etc.

I don't think it is ever fair to say one is easier or harder to get into.

Like I said...someone with a 36+ on their mcat may have a harder time getting into Creighton than Harvard. Does that make Creighton the harder school to get into?

See...in the end it all comes down to your stats and qualifications.

I agree with UCLAman.
However, having gone through the process, I do feel like the process is random. A lot of my "safety" schools didn't even invite me for an intreview, but a lot of the schools that I didn't think I had a chance at interviewed me.
I've decided to get involved in the whole admissions process in med school just to find out how it works.

one qualification to UCLAMAN's statement is that it's easy to reduce your GPA and MCAT score than improve it. in that sense, it's easier to get into a less competitve school. ;)

Thus proving that the easiest thing to do is always NOTHING AT ALL!

Congrats on your 4 thousandth post SP. I gotta get cmz to boost my post number so I can look more important.

Have you ever been to Minnesota? Do you know anything about it? Are you saying that Mayo, for example, is an easy school to get into? This state has a lot of great schools, most of which I wouldn't be surprised if you've never heard of, if you're making comments like that. It's your loss.

Minnesota is called "medical alley" for a reason. It is because there are a LOT of good healthcare resources in the area, ranging from med schools to hospitals and research labs. The only negative may be that we are statistically the healthiest folk in America, and thus provide fewer interesting patients!

In addition, for dental schools, MN and NE are the hardest to get into, aside from U of WA and the UC schools.