Toughest Interview Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Glucose

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What was the toughest question asked at your interview (those who got in/interviewed in 2002)?
How did you respond?

Members don't see this ad.

I was never asked this question, but I hate the

"Out of all other qualified applicants, why should we pick you?" question.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why do you wish to attend [insert low tier school here]?

Originally posted by Street Philosopher

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Brutal question. No right answer either.

Originally posted by Street Philosopher

Wouldn't it be great to already have an acceptance in hand and answer with something like "I don't, really, but figure it would be better than nothing."

I'm sure the face would be worth it.

ohhh, the money i would pay to be able to have that s--teathing grin on my face to say something like that. oh wait, i dont have any money because its all going into applications...

for my money, the toughest question was "what should i write to admissions committee about you?

Ahh... why you guys all picking on the lower tier schools? This is why I only applied to lower tier schools near home. Then I could say something like "I want to stay near my home town."

Originally posted by BushBaby
I was never asked this question, but I hate the

"Out of all other qualified applicants, why should we pick you?" question.

Jeez, how do you answer a question like that? I'm so glad that I didn't get asked that, because I'd probably choke and start sh1tting bricks or soemthing.

For me it was "What do you have to offer for the class?"

tell me something about yourself

i suppose a 25 page application profile doesn't qualify as "something":rolleyes: