Touro advisor told me CC Physio is accepted but its not????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gsrthomas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a B.S. In Biology from UOP a year ago. Since UOP's prepharm undergrade students only needed a 2.7 math/science gpa to get in. Outside students need a 3.5+ gpa. (I dont get this) My GPA is not all that great since I went to UOP for undergrad. Now im trying to take Human Physiology course at a CC cuz some schools require it and I want to boost my GPA alittle bit.

I emailed a touro advisor I asked him if this course would be accepted as their Physio requirment.

Orange Coast Community College.
Biology 221 - Anatomy - Physiology (4) - Anatomy and Physiology as a combined discipline. This course may also be offered online. Three hours lecture, three hours laboratory. Trasfer Credit: USU, UC"

I was 80% certain this class WOULD NOT be accepted. But he said they will take it as long as I dont take the online course.

I went under Westerns site because they have a neat page that tells you what courses are equivilent to the prereq's and when I searched Biology 221 it wasnt listed there??? BIO 225 is listed. So these means the Touro guy was wrong.

So If I take BIO 221 Western most likely wont take it right??

http://wsprod.westernu.edu/wu/admn_...?COLLEGE_ID=279&COLLEGE_NAME=O&DEPT_NAME=DPT&

Members don't see this ad.

From my understanding, you need 1 semester of anatomy + lab (OCC Bio 220) and 1 semester of physiology + lab (OCC Bio 225).

The class you posted above (OCC Bio 221) is then half a semester of anatomy + lab, half a semester of physiology + lab. Western will definitely not accept this since it's explicit in telling you what prerequisites are accepted.

I would take the Bio 225/Bio 220 combo, Tuoro should accept this since this is a stricter requirement and it will fulfill Western's requirement also. I'm taking Bio 220 this fall at OCC.

From my understanding, you need 1 semester of anatomy + lab (OCC Bio 220) and 1 semester of physiology + lab (OCC Bio 225).

The class you posted above (OCC Bio 221) is then half a semester of anatomy + lab, half a semester of physiology + lab. Western will definitely not accept this since it's explicit in telling you what prerequisites are accepted.

I would take the Bio 225/Bio 220 combo, Tuoro should accept this since this is a stricter requirement and it will fulfill Western's requirement also. I'm taking Bio 220 this fall at OCC.

I've taken Anatomy in undergrad at UOP.

I'm upset that he told me that they (Touro) would take the class. Thats why I dont trust these people.

I'm actually going to probably take Human Physiology (the one that Western accepts) at Fullerton College next semester. And going to take Biocehm at a Cal State.