Touro (CA) vs. University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

californiabear_102

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm trying to decide between attending either Touro or University of Colorado-Denver, and was wondering which school would be better for rotations, preparing me for a residency, and practicing in California. Touro has a unique 2+2 curriculum that allows for two full years of rotational experience, which appeals to me and would allow me to open summers to work/intern. The University of Colorado is a more established school, with more access to clinical rotation sites (i.e. hospital on campus, etc), is less expensive than Touro, but since its out-of-state, I don't know if I will be able to obtain the networks I need to practice as a pharmacist in California, which is my ultimate goal. Touro is really expensive and the University of Colorado offered me a scholarship for my first year, so that makes my decision harder. What is your opinion on the best school to go to if I want to become a licensed pharmacist in California?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

1) Even at Colorado you can still do rotations in CA and make connections in CA.
2) Hospical pharmacy > location. Understand that CVS/Walgreens will accept anyone with a license and a pulse. You can always work as a pharmacist in CA. But to work as a hospital pharmacy you need the experience, which you get more of in Colorado.
3) Money is somewhat important, but not that important.

I'd go to Colorado simply because you have a better chance of getting a residency/not being trapped in retail pharmacy.

I agree, Colorado! It's not necessary to go to school in CA to work in CA later. Colorado is more established than Touro.