Touro - Cali 2009 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just found out I got accepted to Touro (literally, like 5 minutes ago). Now just have to wait on one more school to make my final decision...:D

Congrats stkyrice! What other school are you waiting for? UCSF? If you don't get in, are you going to go to Touro?

Members don't see this ad.

Just got my acceptance email as well. One more school to go.

Congrats stkyrice! What other school are you waiting for? UCSF? If you don't get in, are you going to go to Touro?

Yeah, I'm just waiting for UCSF. The other school that I got accepted to was Hawaii-Hilo, but right now it makes more sense for me to stay in the Bay because of my family. A bunch of my friends are pissed that I'm declining Hawaii since they wanted to visit. :laugh:

if I don't get into UCSF, I'm definitely going into Touro. I was actually really impressed with the school when I interviewed, so Touro definitely won't be a bad place to go otherwise.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratz to all who got accepted!

anyone remember what mr. davis said about high alternate? are the chances of getting in even worth hoping for?

Last edited:
Congratz to all who got accepted!

anyone remember what mr. davis said about high alternate? are the chances of getting in even worth hoping for?

I recall him saying that high alternates have a good chance of getting in based on his statistics from last year. I know its hard, but stay optimistic!

I interviewed on the 6th and did not get a letter today (I ma in San Francisco) does that mean I got rejected? :( I don't want to call becasue I would rather read it than hear it...lol

I interviewed on the 6th and did not get a letter today (I ma in San Francisco) does that mean I got rejected? :( I don't want to call becasue I would rather read it than hear it...lol

You need to email Mr. Davis about your status if you want to find out by email. Otherwise, you need to wait until Monday to get your letter in the mail about your status.

Yeah, I'm just waiting for UCSF. The other school that I got accepted to was Hawaii-Hilo, but right now it makes more sense for me to stay in the Bay because of my family. A bunch of my friends are pissed that I'm declining Hawaii since they wanted to visit. :laugh:

if I don't get into UCSF, I'm definitely going into Touro. I was actually really impressed with the school when I interviewed, so Touro definitely won't be a bad place to go otherwise.

I am also waiting for UCSF too...(and USN). If I don't get into either, I am going to go to Touro as well. Good luck to you!

I recall him saying that high alternates have a good chance of getting in based on his statistics from last year. I know its hard, but stay optimistic!

Thanks for the reply. Trying to stay optimistic! Have you heard back from Mr. Davis?

Any idea of how many ppl are on the high alternate waitlist?

Thanks for the reply. Trying to stay optimistic! Have you heard back from Mr. Davis?

Any idea of how many ppl are on the high alternate waitlist?

Yes, I interviewed a couple of months ago and was accepted. I don't know how many ppl are on the HA waitlist, but if you have any questions, I'm sure Mr. Davis will be happy to help.

Last edited:
Has anyone here whos been on the high alternate waitlist been accepted?

has anyone ever gotten the wrong email, and they were actually rejected instead of accepted? i got accepted, but i am sooo paranoid that they sent me the wrong one because i felt my interview went horribly

for those who got invited to an interview? did you get the invitation by email or mail? i remember sending somebody in the admission office to ask and she said they would notify via mail instead of email. That doesn't really make sense to me. so can someone let me know? thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
iluvsprinkles - I think there's a very slim chance for a school to send the wrong email out, especially in regards to being accepted/rejected. You probably did better at the interview than you thought!

overdose - I received the interview invite via snail mail.

I am also waiting for UCSF too...(and USN). If I don't get into either, I am going to go to Touro as well. Good luck to you!

Thanks, you too! Hopefully we'll be classmates at UCSF, but if we end up at Touro, that's fine too. :D I was thinking about USN for a hot minute, but decided that I didn't need the temptation of living in Vegas. :laugh:

Just found out I got into UCSF, so I'll be declining Touro (and saving that $2K!)

Good luck to everyone still waiting. :)

Just found out I got into UCSF, so I'll be declining Touro (and saving that $2K!)

Good luck to everyone still waiting. :)

Got into UCSF as well, and will be declining acceptance. Good luck to you all!

And see you there stkyrice!

Congratulations to the three of you that got into UCSF and I wish you the best of luck!

Just curious of whether all of you are planning on letting the school know in advance or still may decide on Touro?

Thanks,
Just another High Alternate looking for a spot

Congratulations to the three of you that got into UCSF and I wish you the best of luck!

Just curious of whether all of you are planning on letting the school know in advance or still may decide on Touro?

Thanks,

Well, we all have to let Touro know we're declining/withdrawing acceptance within 2 weeks of receiving the UCSF acceptance letter so that we don't hold multiple offers of acceptance. I found out about UCSF a day after I found about Touro, so I just declined the invite.

Hopefully that means you'll get in. Good luck.

has anyone received interview invites for the latest block? :(

Thanks,

I will be joining those that got into UCSF....haha. So that frees up another spot for you guys. Good luck! :thumbup:

I will also be joining those that got into UCSF... so thats what? three spots opened up? Good luck everyone!

I will also be joining those that got into UCSF... so thats what? three spots opened up? Good luck everyone!

Thank you. Can you let Mr Davis know soon. I'm just a HA looking for a spot. :)

Of course. I'll be sending out the reply letter tomorrow.

Does anyone know how they rank the waitlists? I was placed on the HA and interviewed in october. Is it first come first serve?

Does anyone know how they rank the waitlists? I was placed on the HA and interviewed in october. Is it first come first serve?

If i remember correctly mr davis said that all HA waitlisted ppl will be reviewed again and selected accordingly...do not recall him saying first come first serve

Aw man, seems like there are quite some people who are on the wait list already. I'm interviewing there this coming Friday.. Dunno what my chance is :scared:

Aw man, seems like there are quite some people who are on the wait list already. I'm interviewing there this coming Friday.. Dunno what my chance is :scared:

If I remember correctly, Mr. Davis said that as long as they're interviewing, there are still spots available in the class--he said they don't interview for just the waiting list. When I interviewed a week and a half ago, there were supposed to be 10 of us, but only 7 showed up--and I think at least two of us got accepted (which I declined b/c of UCSF). I think that since most of the people who are going to go to UCSF/UCSD will let other schools like Touro know within the next couple weeks, that should open up quite a few seats for Touro.

Good luck with the interview! :)

Hello Tbone, do you happen to know if your interview date is the last one of the cycle? Good luck on the interview this friday!

Hello Tbone, do you happen to know if your interview date is the last one of the cycle? Good luck on the interview this friday!

I dont think so because my interview day is going to be on the 24th of April :)

Oh thanks!
Yea, I don't think mine's the last one. My friend had to reschedule his interview here, and he got some time in May.

Hello all, I'm thinking about going to the school this friday using ferry from sf then maybe take a cab from the vallejo terminal to the school. Do you think it's a good idea? I don't drive, so that's why I can only use public transportation..

So yea, any extra info is greatly appreciated!

Hello all, I'm thinking about going to the school this friday using ferry from sf then maybe take a cab from the vallejo terminal to the school. Do you think it's a good idea? I don't drive, so that's why I can only use public transportation..

So yea, any extra info is greatly appreciated!

Hey,

Just wondering if you interviewed yet and if you did how many other people interviewed with you?

Thanks

I got some good news for some of you folks. I will be declining my offer of acceptance.

Hey,

Just wondering if you interviewed yet and if you did how many other people interviewed with you?

Thanks

I interviewed today. All 10 of us were there, but during the interview we were split into 2 groups of 5..

I interviewed today. All 10 of us were there, but during the interview we were split into 2 groups of 5..

Hello Tbone,

How did the interview go? Did the school mention anything about interview invitations still being extended, or have they completed all of their invites?

Thanks, have a great weekend!

I just wonder if any one gets medium alternate?

To the Touro pharmacy students viewing thread:

Could you tell us a little more about the housing options available as a student? I know that we can live in housing on Mare Island or live off campus in Vallejo or Benicia. Do you have suggestions or advice on how to start looking for housing? I am kind of wondering about how many students live on campus as opposed to the other cities. Thanks a lot!

Hello Tbone,

How did the interview go? Did the school mention anything about interview invitations still being extended, or have they completed all of their invites?

Thanks, have a great weekend!

hi lake23,
the interview went all right, i'd say. i must say that the questions they asked were not really conducive for group discussion though. i felt as if it's just like one-on-one interview, but each of us answered in turns, so i thought that's kinda lame, because i was kinda expecting more of an open forum where people just jump in and state their opinion about an issue or something. so yea..

i'm not quite sure if they still invite people for interviews or not, but i think you can just shoot them an email for that one.

you have a great weekend, too! :)

Does any one have information about wait list?

To the Touro pharmacy students viewing thread:

Could you tell us a little more about the housing options available as a student? I know that we can live in housing on Mare Island or live off campus in Vallejo or Benicia. Do you have suggestions or advice on how to start looking for housing? I am kind of wondering about how many students live on campus as opposed to the other cities. Thanks a lot!

Hi

I started by looking on creig's list and calling all the apartments and houses. You can also check this link out

http://209.209.34.25/webdocs/Housing/offCampusListings.htm

That should help you a bit too. Once Class of 2013 list finalizes and you have access to everyone's email, people usually send group emails, either looking for roommates to look for a house together or to have people fill in the rooms that they already have. So by late May, early June, you should have plenty of options.

If you were to ask which area is safer, I'd suggest on the island or Benicia. Vallejo tends to be more dangerous than the other two.

Hope it helps!

Hi

I started by looking on creig's list and calling all the apartments and houses. You can also check this link out

http://209.209.34.25/webdocs/Housing/offCampusListings.htm

That should help you a bit too. Once Class of 2013 list finalizes and you have access to everyone's email, people usually send group emails, either looking for roommates to look for a house together or to have people fill in the rooms that they already have. So by late May, early June, you should have plenty of options.

If you were to ask which area is safer, I'd suggest on the island or Benicia. Vallejo tends to be more dangerous than the other two.

Hope it helps!

So would you suggest living within Vallejo at all? My boyfriend and I were looking at the crime statistics for that area and it kind of scared us lol. DO you think its a better bet living in Benicia? I am still leaning towards Vallejo because my boyfriend and I share one vehicle and he is going to need the truck to commute to San Jose to work everyday. I was also wondering, are there any students going to Touro that are willing to carpool? As I don't have a car to myself for right now, it would be a big help

So would you suggest living within Vallejo at all? My boyfriend and I were looking at the crime statistics for that area and it kind of scared us lol. DO you think its a better bet living in Benicia? I am still leaning towards Vallejo because my boyfriend and I share one vehicle and he is going to need the truck to commute to San Jose to work everyday. I was also wondering, are there any students going to Touro that are willing to carpool? As I don't have a car to myself for right now, it would be a big help

If I'm accepted, we can go carpool from SJ.

argg the high waitlist is killing me... i just wanna know yes or no. anyone in the same boat?

hey guys,

i just got an interview for april 23th and was wondering if those who already interviewed could give out some pointers for a group interview. ive been in a group interview for a job before but that was years ago. plus, this is pharmacy school! also, how long did it take for touro to get back to guys after the interview with an acceptance/waitlist/rejection?

thanks!

yeah you can live in Vallejo if that fits your priorities better. I currently live in Vallejo and it's fine for me. I also hear that some people in Benecia got robbed and stuff so it's not always Vallejo that's dangerous.

You can find people to carpool with when the email list becomes available to you. You guys will probably send tons of emails out to each other to communicate before the school starts, so that's one way to find ppl to carpool with ya.

gluck!

hey guys,

i just got an interview for april 23th and was wondering if those who already interviewed could give out some pointers for a group interview. ive been in a group interview for a job before but that was years ago. plus, this is pharmacy school! also, how long did it take for touro to get back to guys after the interview with an acceptance/waitlist/rejection?

thanks!

just be coherent, make sense, don't ramble(be concise), and you will sound smarter than the rest of the group for sure. When I interviewed there, others in my group were rambling about nonsense. I could of sat there the whole interview and said nothing, and still get accepted.:laugh: