Touro - Cali 2009 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
That's what I thought but no, it is going to be group interview. :( When is your interview day? Mine is on the 24th of this Month?

There's really nothing to worry about mate. I used to be like you and felt very anxious about the group interview because I had no prior experience regarding the group interview before. Guess what, it turned out to be nothing at all really. Comparing to the personal interview, I think the group interview is even easier since you have time to formulate your answers instead of being bombarded with questions in the personal interview.

Here is my advice: use the group interview to your advantage :), listen to what other people say and you can make your answer better and you can stand out from the rest of those people :p.

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who are accepted and have decided on attending Touro, can you please give some more info on housing? Where to look, price, safety, etc....

anyone that interviewed recently have any new information about what is going on with admissions?

Members don't see this ad :)
They gave me the choice of May 7th or May 8th...lol! I chose May 7th since it's the earlier date but also asked to be given an earlier time slot in April if someone cancels.

Hi Shirmoz, were you at the interview on April 24th? I think I saw you :)

Last edited:
I was just wondering if there are any current students that are living in any gated community apartments (e.g. Broadstone Sterling on Valle Vista Ave., Bay Village, Blue Rock Village, etc.) in Vallejo? I know it is quite expensive to live in these apartments, but I am not familiar with Vallejo or the nearby areas and safety is my main concern when attending Touro. Could anybody please comment on the safety of such apartments or the general areas around the property. Any response is greatly appreciated!

For those of you who are accepted and have decided on attending Touro, can you please give some more info on housing? Where to look, price, safety, etc....

There is a direct link or the Touro website that lists available housing such as houses for rent and also rooms for rent. I was looking through it and there were some rooms for rent in houses actually on Mare Island...when my boyfriend and I took a trip up to Vallejo to scope things out, I thought the houses on Mare Island itself were the safest and nicest looking. Also, the Lighthouse condos (gated) looked safe as well, but are probably more costly....my bf and I are thinking of renting a condo there since he works full-time and can help cover rent, but if I can't get a co-signer for my Grad Plus Loan, I may have to still stay in fremont and live with my parents :(

There is a direct link or the Touro website that lists available housing such as houses for rent and also rooms for rent. I was looking through it and there were some rooms for rent in houses actually on Mare Island...when my boyfriend and I took a trip up to Vallejo to scope things out, I thought the houses on Mare Island itself were the safest and nicest looking. Also, the Lighthouse condos (gated) looked safe as well, but are probably more costly....my bf and I are thinking of renting a condo there since he works full-time and can help cover rent, but if I can't get a co-signer for my Grad Plus Loan, I may have to still stay in fremont and live with my parents :(

Thank you very much for your help. I've checked the touro housing list and they have several available. I'll probably go see them sometime in June. :)

Does anyone know how many seats total are available?

Can we do the P3 and P4 rotations in so cal or must those rotations be done in the area around the college?

has anyone heard anything from admissions about the HA wait list? I'm dying! I have been waiting since October to know my status.....:eek:

has anyone heard anything from admissions about the HA wait list? I'm dying! I have been waiting since October to know my status.....:eek:

As far as I know, they will start reviewing the HA list at the end of this month and will contact the selected individuals between end of May-Aug. Who ever said "patience is a virtue". :) By reading the past year statistics, I'm sure most of the people on the HA list will be accepted.

Hi Victorious1 - out of curiosity, where did you get that time-frame information from? I haven't heard anything since being placed on the waitlist and was about to bug Steven Davis but wanted to see if there was info posted somewhere already.. Thanks!

I have heard nothing from this school regarding rejection or even interview. did they lose my file? :confused:

Im gonna have to call them soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard nothing from this school regarding rejection or even interview. did they lose my file? :confused:

Im gonna have to call them soon.

Call them ASAP. Their last interview date is next Friday, May 8th!

Hi Victorious1 - out of curiosity, where did you get that time-frame information from? I haven't heard anything since being placed on the waitlist and was about to bug Steven Davis but wanted to see if there was info posted somewhere already.. Thanks!

I was given the time-frame at the interview when I asked. :) Mr. Davis is also very prompt in getting back to all my e-mail inquiries so if you have anything in question, do not hesitate to contact him. I'm sure he'll be glad to help you. I will share further development as soon as I find out. You can also find some stats on several schools at www.aacp.org and www.pharmcas.org (school information).

Last edited:
Yes, Mr. Davis does get back to you, but for me he has been taking a long time! I think he is just annoyed by me :(

For those who had the interview on April 23rd: have you heard anything yet?
I am so nervous now...

Good luck to those who have an interview tomorrow.

For those who had the interview on April 23rd: have you heard anything yet?
I am so nervous now...

Good luck to those who have an interview tomorrow.

How did the interview go? Usually you know right away after the interview if you nail it or not...

Hey everyone,

Is anyone planning on commuting to Touro from the East Bay? I am looking for people to carpool with since I might stay in Fremont to save money. If anyone is planning on carpooling near Fremont (hayward, union city, san jose, etc) please let me know!

Hey guys, my name is Mohamed Alwah you guys can call me moe though, and i got accepted early april but just found out about SDN. Just wanted to get to know my future classmates, so please feel free to reply and just say hi. Im from Michigan so i will not know anybody in california when i get there:(

Thanks! I just called and they said to email Julie. The email just sent!

They haven't invited me for an interview nor rejected me yet. I emailed Julie back in the middle of March, since I had not heard from them since early February. All she said was that my application is complete and they're waiting on a decision made by the adcom. The committee is being more selective this year due to the number of apps...blah blah blah...and a decision in my file can occur any time between now and the end of May.

Does anyone know how many people are on the high alternative waiting list right now? I just wanted to see if I have any chance to pull off the HA waiting list :(

So today's the last interview day. If anyone hasn't been invited yet, it means a rejection'll come??

So today's the last interview day. If anyone hasn't been invited yet, it means a rejection'll come??

Next week is the last week of interviews. The accelerated MPH students get their interviews. So waitlisters arent gonna hear anything until the week after next. Which sucks.

Next week is the last week of interviews. The accelerated MPH students get their interviews. So waitlisters arent gonna hear anything until the week after next. Which sucks.

So no more interview for "normal students". I'm quite surprised when knowing that MPH students get their interviews last. I thought they get priority to be interviewed first??

I was wondering, after interviewing, do people actually get rejected, or is everyone put on a waitlist.

also, what are the chances of someone on the medium waitlist getting accepted?

thanks

They can either reject, accept, or put you on the wait list. When they are not sure if they want to accept/reject you, they place you on the wait list. I'm not sure about the chances of getting in once placed on the medium alternate. Good luck!

Mr. Davis said that they do not disclose the number of waitlisters which kinda sucks bc we won't know what are chances are.

With other schools picking off their waitlist I think alot of people may start to turn down Touro during this time, so hopefully more spots will open for waitlisters. Maybe all of this waiting will pay off in the end.

With other schools picking off their waitlist I think alot of people may start to turn down Touro during this time, so hopefully more spots will open for waitlisters. Maybe all of this waiting will pay off in the end.

I hope it will!

Does anyone know any threads where i can find classmates who will be attending? Your help will be greatly appreciated, thanx

by any chance, does anyone know how many HA wait lister got accepted last year? Did they accept in-state wait list people first then out of state?

by any chance, does anyone know how many HA wait lister got accepted last year? Did they accept in-state wait list people first then out of state?

From last years thread it doesnt look that good for waitlisters. But I am sure the thread does not tell the whole story.

From last years thread it doesnt look that good for waitlisters. But I am sure the thread does not tell the whole story.

Where did you find last year's thread? From speaking to some of the P2s from Touro, a lot of them were waitlisted first, then as other acceptees turn down the spot due to their acceptances to other schools (mostly UCSF), spots became available.

from what i heard, High alternates have a good chance of getting an offer. I haven't ever heard anything about a medium alternate getting an offer from the school which is why I asked. :confused: Hopefully, some of the candidates from the med alternates will get an offer this year, but Im thinking with all the qualified interview candidates, that not many are.

Did all you waitlisters send in your letter of intent?

Last edited:
i wrote a letter when i was placed in HA back in january. long time ago, and i forgot what i wrote, but i know it was sweet and short. nothing fancy, anyways theres is also early admission and acceptance for this year! so there is two options left goood luck everyone:luck:

I got email from them a week later.
:)
hope to see you guys all

Anyone have any new news from Touro? Tomorow is the last day of interviews I guess we'll find out soon about the wait list.

Anyone have any new news from Touro? Tomorow is the last day of interviews I guess we'll find out soon about the wait list.

So tomorrow is the last interview? I thought the last one was last week. Anyway, Mr. Davis said in the mail he will give me the update on my status late me and early June.. I hope the waiting game will end soon :(

Hi Guys,

I am currently a P1 at Touro and live on the island in a house. I have 2 rooms available for rent and thought I would post here see if any new P1s were interested.

You get your own room and bathroom. Rent for one room is 650 and the other is 600. Utilities (water, electricity, garbage, maintenance) are included!! High speed internet access is included in the rent as well! It's literally a 2 minute drive to school.
I love living on the island as its one of the few safe places in vallejo. I'm sure you guys have heard about the major issues the city has with crime. You can start paying rent in August (usually the houses on the island require you to start paying in July).

I'm pretty easy going and usually busy studying (you guys are going to quite busy as well)....there are no major rules in the house. I'm just looking someone who is clean, quiet, cleans after themselves...does not have parties in the house. Females only please.
As a P1, I lived with a P2 who was an incredible help though out the year---w/advice about professors, classes, studying, etc....so I thought it might be nice if as a P2, I had P1 roommates.

If interested, please email me asap (since we're gonna be done soon and I'm gonna be going home) with a short intro and your contact info/phone #.

Thanks. :)

So...when do they send out rejection letters? Took my money and all :mad:

I just gave up my spot at Touro, so there is one more spot open! Hang in there who ever is on the waitlist :D

Hi Guys,

I am currently a P1 at Touro and live on the island in a house. I have 2 rooms available for rent and thought I would post here see if any new P1s were interested.

You get your own room and bathroom. Rent for one room is 650 and the other is 600. Utilities (water, electricity, garbage, maintenance) are included!! High speed internet access is included in the rent as well! It's literally a 2 minute drive to school.
I love living on the island as its one of the few safe places in vallejo. I'm sure you guys have heard about the major issues the city has with crime. You can start paying rent in August (usually the houses on the island require you to start paying in July).

I'm pretty easy going and usually busy studying (you guys are going to quite busy as well)....there are no major rules in the house. I'm just looking someone who is clean, quiet, cleans after themselves...does not have parties in the house. Females only please.
As a P1, I lived with a P2 who was an incredible help though out the year---w/advice about professors, classes, studying, etc....so I thought it might be nice if as a P2, I had P1 roommates.

If interested, please email me asap (since we're gonna be done soon and I'm gonna be going home) with a short intro and your contact info/phone #.

Thanks. :)

I've sent you a personal message so hopefully you got it. I am interested so please contact me asap. Thanks!!!:)

Did anyone get any news about waitlist status this week?

I talked to a MPH student this past week that interviewed apparently Steven Davis still says that high alternates have a good chance of getting in. I donno if this is completely accurate but approximatly 80 seats may be filled. Hopefully some HA get accepted to other schools and decline Touro opening up more seats.

This has been too stressful and trying to get it off my mind has been damn near impossible :(