Touro - Cali 2009 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone get any news about waitlist status this week?

I talked to a MPH student this past week that interviewed apparently Steven Davis still says that high alternates have a good chance of getting in. I donno if this is completely accurate but approximatly 80 seats may be filled. Hopefully some HA get accepted to other schools and decline Touro opening up more seats.

This has been too stressful and trying to get it off my mind has been damn near impossible :(

I did not receive any news this week. Hopefully we will know by next week. Do you know how many HA wait listers?

Members don't see this ad.

sent him an email and he said first week of june will be first update! have a good weekend and try to be happy and not think about it!

Is anyone planning on not living in Vallejo/Benicia and looking to commute to school? If so, where are you commuting from? I was just curious if I will be the only one commuting to Touro from the East Bay. It will save me 20grand a year in the long run, but I am not too sure if this is a very workable situation.

Members don't see this ad :)
So no one is commuting huh? Bummer, I am looking for a someone to commute with....anyways, for those on the waitlist, there was an email sent out to the Class of 2013, I counted and there were 82 people the email was sent to. That would mean, theoretically, there should be 18 spots open so don't give up guys! And hopefully one of you will commute with me!!!! LOL

So no one is commuting huh? Bummer, I am looking for a someone to commute with....anyways, for those on the waitlist, there was an email sent out to the Class of 2013, I counted and there were 82 people the email was sent to. That would mean, theoretically, there should be 18 spots open so don't give up guys! And hopefully one of you will commute with me!!!! LOL

Thank Sprinkle for the update. So there are 18 more spots available? I think there are more than 18 HA waitlisters :( Hopefully some of them were accepted to somewhere else.

i thought it would be more too =(...
well at least we will find out about the update next week! so good luck everyone! :luck:

Is anyone planning on not living in Vallejo/Benicia and looking to commute to school? If so, where are you commuting from? I was just curious if I will be the only one commuting to Touro from the East Bay. It will save me 20grand a year in the long run, but I am not too sure if this is a very workable situation.

Sorry i havent been on SDN for a while, but i MIGHT be commuting not sure though. If i am i will let u know.

Does anyone know if the updates that are supposed to be sent out this week will be acceptance offers? Or is it just updates on where we are on the waitlist?

i think both...acceptance and as well as those who are still on the wait list...

No response yet. i asked one of the receptionist and she said that they have not heard anything yet of students being picked from the waitlist. i donno if we will be getting updates this week either.

sooo...my mom just told me i got a letter in the mail today from them. im a high alternate and she just said that the letter said something about how im still in the running to be considered for fall 09 and that they'll let me know anytime between now and august 1st. what the hell?!? i think that the last group of student being accepted should have to turn in their decision to decline/accept pretty soon so hopefully us waitlisters will start hearing some news we really wanna hear.

so did anyone get a letter that actually said something about being accepted?!? or did we all just get another faq letter??

Members don't see this ad :)
where do you guys all live? i didnt get anything yesterday lol

I didn't get anything in the mail yesterday either. I guess it takes longer for out of state mailing. My god, they said we still have to wait from now till August? Ugh... I can't wait any longer...

My friend is on the HA list and lives in Arizona. She received a letter today from Touro stating that they started pulling off from the High-Alternate list last week and that the update letter said that anyone who didn't get accepted yet is still in the running until August 3rd (mandatory orientation). Mr. Davis also stated that the admissions committee will be limiting the amount of information/opinions given to waitlisters since they are sometimes misinterpreted. I've already been accepted right after my interview in January and I'm now waiting on my friend who is still on the HA list. I can understand all of your frustrations and will try my best to provide any updates.

Last edited:
you were on the high waitlist and were pulled off last week? im confused. lol

Should we be taking this letter as a rejection from Touro?

it kinda does sound like a rejection. it would help it they gave waitlist numbers so we know where we are on the actual ranking. i cant imagine them having 50 waitlisters.

no, dont take it as a rejection, take it as it is. You are still waitlisted. (that is unless your letter was different and stated your chances are slim).

The letter would not be stating the importance of a letter of intent if they didn't have room for people waitlisted.

Waitlist is hell, and I think touro understands that. Hopefully to the students who's chances are slim to none, they explained to them that it is very not likely for those students to get in. This will atleast give us closure lol, instead of false hope.

anyways good luck all.

no, dont take it as a rejection, take it as it is. You are still waitlisted. (that is unless your letter was different and stated your chances are slim).

The letter would not be stating the importance of a letter of intent if they didn't have room for people waitlisted.

Waitlist is hell, and I think touro understands that. Hopefully to the students who's chances are slim to none, they explained to them that it is very not likely for those students to get in. This will atleast give us closure lol, instead of false hope.

anyways good luck all.

Thank Tomk for your encouragement. I was placed on their HA wailist but I did not write a letter of intent. In fact, I wrote letters to all the interviewers. But I received a mail of Mr. Davis today saying the letter of intent plays an important role in terms of selecting people from the waiting list. So, I am writing it and will send it tomorrow. I hope it will boost my chance on getting in. Good luck to all!

Got that same letter today. HA with active consideration til August 3rd. More wait time.

I wonder how many spots are really available? ...how many have declined their spots and how many people took a loss on the 2k deposit?

Does anyone from medium or low alternatives receive the letter? It seems like only people on the HA waitlist receive them.

I submitted my supplemental way back in September but haven't heard anything. I'd think I would have received a rejection letter by May...??? I'm not expecting an interview but at least a letter to let me know I've been declined. Anyone else?

I submitted my supplemental way back in September but haven't heard anything. I'd think I would have received a rejection letter by May...??? I'm not expecting an interview but at least a letter to let me know I've been declined. Anyone else?

you should email them. interviews have been over for awhile.

I got the same letter for HA also. wait wait again :(, so stressful

I haven't heard anything since I got a confirmation from them at the beginning of February that they received my supplemental.

Hi incoming Touro students!

Congratulations on your acceptance. I am a P2 and have one room available for rent in a new house on Mare Island. The room comes with your own bathroom and utilities (water, electricity, garbage, etc) are included in the rent! The room also come with a queen bed. It's a 3 minute drive to school. If needed, you can move your stuff in early before school starts.
No pets and females only please.

If interested, please reply with a brief intro.

Thanks. :)

Did anyone off the low and medium alternate get the letter in the mail? (everyone keeps saying this is the HA letter)
also, i think that the language of the email may tell what your possibilities are.
for instance someone in this thread said their letter said active consideration till aug 3, mine said possibility of selection till aug 3.
dunno what that means though lol.

anyways, anyone off the HA list get a call/email acceptance yet?

Last edited:
Did anyone off the low and medium alternate get the letter in the mail? (everyone keeps saying this is the HA letter)
also, i think that the language of the email may tell what your possibilities are.
for instance someone in this thread said their letter said active consideration till aug 3, mine said possibility of selection till aug 3.
dunno what that means though lol.

anyways, anyone off the HA list get a call/email acceptance yet?

After reading your comment I'm going to have to go home and read my letter with even more scrutiny....this is torture. Did you get an email also because I only received a letter in the mail?

I guess there hasnt been any new news. There has to be seats availible they are just playing with our lives.

It's been MONTHS since I've posted. I was accepted in October and finally quit some sub-par jobs I was muddling around in to pass the time. I'm in need of a place to live and want to get up to speed on what you guys have planned. I realize there's a facebook group but I just deactivated my shi*. I'm gettin all these emails too regarding rooms for rent and whatnot. My touro ppl, update me por favor

I haven't heard anything since I got a confirmation from them at the beginning of February that they received my supplemental.

I think that means you have no hope for this school. They are done with interview this cycle as far as I concern.
BTW, congrats on getting accepted to an RX school. I know it's been a long hard road for you :thumbup:

Hello,
I was wondering is there a second deadline that accepted Touro students, such as another tuition deposit, that needs to be met. I am trying to figure out why the delay for the waitlist.

Thank you

The 2nd deadline is to turn in 2nd tution deposit of 1000 dollars on May 15th 2009.
I know how you feel being on the waitlist and not hearing anything. I feel the same...since im on the waitlist for UCSF. I know many people that got in the top 15 in the UCSF waitlist and got in Touro, and the horribly slow movement of UCSF waitlist probably affects the waitlist movement in Touro somewhat. So far, despite all the threads posted in UCSF waitlist, only 1 person on the waitlist made it in... if that makes you feel better you are not alone :p

The 2nd deadline is to turn in 2nd tution deposit of 1000 dollars on May 15th 2009.
I know how you feel being on the waitlist and not hearing anything. I feel the same...since im on the waitlist for UCSF. I know many people that got in the top 15 in the UCSF waitlist and got in Touro, and the horribly slow movement of UCSF waitlist probably affects the waitlist movement in Touro somewhat. So far, despite all the threads posted in UCSF waitlist, only 1 person on the waitlist made it in... if that makes you feel better you are not alone :p

Thanks for the reply and misery loves company...hopefully some good news this week.

Has any of the High Alternates sent/emailed your letter of intent to Mr. Davis? If so, have you gotten any response back since the submission? Any input is greatly appreciated!

Has any of the High Alternates sent/emailed your letter of intent to Mr. Davis? If so, have you gotten any response back since the submission? Any input is greatly appreciated!

I live and work pretty close to the area so I hand delivered it. But I emailed the next day jlee to make sure that it was placed with the file. She responded back. So if you havent heard back maybe just email asking if it was placed with your file.

Yes, he sent me an email saying that he would make sure that it gets into my file.

I also went to see Mr. Davis and he said that couple of people got pulled out from the waiting list already.

Thanks 300tuner and darang for your quick reply! Good luck to you guys. I hope you guys will get some good news soon.

Yes, he sent me an email saying that he would make sure that it gets into my file.

I also went to see Mr. Davis and he said that couple of people got pulled out from the waiting list already.

Hmm...wonder if pulled off the waitlist means they have picked a few people but have not sent out the offers yet?

hi i am withdrawing my application from the HA list. And I did wrote them an intent letter, but I am accepted else where. good luck!:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

hi i am withdrawing my application from the HA list. And I did wrote them an intent letter, but I am accepted else where. good luck!:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Hi you2hotforme, congrats on your acceptance and thanks for letting Touro knows that.

Congratulations! What school are you planning on attending?

anyone on the waitlist receive anything yet? I thought by today, someone would get a phonecall/email/mail or something.

Yea, They did call and offer me a seat today. They gave me one week to decide.