Touro - Cali 2009 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yea, They did call and offer me a seat today. They gave me one week to decide.

Thats kool. Must be a relief that you got some good news huh?

Members don't see this ad.

i hope u get a call!!!! im praying u do!!! u been sticking through touro like forever. it will be worth it. we still have july to go.

I still have not heard anything :( I can't wait any longer. I have the feeling of rejection will come soon :(

Members don't see this ad :)
please dont give up!!! just keep thinking around now is wen people start deciding on where to go if they have holds on two schools or anything else! PLEASE just think about people who are declining also if they get recently accepted, and people like me who take themselves off the waitlist!!!!! SO PLEASE just hang in there! i did for uop and it worked out! and after all this u still have early assurance! and he said they were generous about that! and they will go through the HA first! =)

please dont give up!!! just keep thinking around now is wen people start deciding on where to go if they have holds on two schools or anything else! PLEASE just think about people who are declining also if they get recently accepted, and people like me who take themselves off the waitlist!!!!! SO PLEASE just hang in there! i did for uop and it worked out! and after all this u still have early assurance! and he said they were generous about that! and they will go through the HA first! =)

Thank you for your encouragement. It meant a lot for me at this moment. I try to keep my hope ups

i got a call from touro today saying im accepted, i guess they didnt get the memo i was dropping out..anyways He called me and he sent me an email! but im turning down the offer. good luck everyone!:D

I was wondering are there any more people pulled off from the HA waiting list this week?

you guys didnt get calls yet? i would thought they gone through all the HA already....good luck you 2!!!

you guys didnt get calls yet? i would thought they gone through all the HA already....good luck you 2!!!

Thank you for the encouragement. But i think it is time to give up for me on touro and start focusing on my plan b school. Touro would have been such a great fit for me too. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Well I got some interesting news today via email from mr. Davis. They offered me orientation standby. I have to show up to the orientation and if someone doesn't show up I will get that spot. So hopefully people have gotten better offers and I will have spot on orientation day. I was guaranteed early acceptance for class of 2014 so I am guaranteed a spot. Man it's a tough road but hopefully it will work out.

i guess that means the waitlist has been exhausted, congrats to those that got in. I thought early acceptance wasn't going to be decided by touro until august though. guess things are moving faster than normal.

Well I got some interesting news today via email from mr. Davis. They offered me orientation standby. I have to show up to the orientation and if someone doesn't show up I will get that spot. So hopefully people have gotten better offers and I will have spot on orientation day. I was guaranteed early acceptance for class of 2014 so I am guaranteed a spot. Man it's a tough road but hopefully it will work out.

I'm sorry to hear that. At least you are guaranteed a spot in a class for next year so you have nothing to worry about :). Maybe go to Europe or something and enjoy life :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry to hear that. At least you are guaranteed a spot in a class for next year so you have nothing to worry about :). Maybe go to Europe or something and enjoy life :)

I still have a good chance of getting in this year I hopefully. I just need one person to get cold feet and not show up and I am in. But a Europe trip or trip to Fiji would be nice.

I still have a good chance of getting in this year I hopefully. I just need one person to get cold feet and not show up and I am in. But a Europe trip or trip to Fiji would be nice.

Don't worry. I will be one of them. lol

Dr. Davis informed me today that they did NOT exhaust the High-Alternate list yet. He said that an offer to attend orientation on standby basis is only made to someone for whom it is judged that they most likely will not be receiving an unconditional offer of acceptance for this year. Those who haven't received any notice still have a good chance of getting in.

has touro sent out any email updates yet? i haven't gotten any since the last update in june.

Dr. Davis informed me today that they did NOT exhaust the High-Alternate list yet. He said that an offer to attend orientation on standby basis is only made to someone for whom it is judged that they most likely will not be receiving an unconditional offer of acceptance for this year. Those who haven't received any notice still have a good chance of getting in.

Are you serious? lol I thought those were offered the standby have better chance of getting in than those who still have not heard anything (like myself) I hope they will let us know this week.

Seriously, those were his exact words. Don't give up just yet. You have until the 2nd week of August. I know it's difficult, but just relax and enjoy your summer. I'll keep you posted as I see that you've been very active on this forum.:)

Touro University has officially been granted Full Accreditation Status today. The advancement has been updated on the PharmCAS website. Just letting everyone know about this great news :):thumbup:

Seriously, those were his exact words. Don't give up just yet. You have until the 2nd week of August. I know it's difficult, but just relax and enjoy your summer. I'll keep you posted as I see that you've been very active on this forum.:)

Thanks =)

Just wondering if anyone got any new news about Touro University? Also, does anyone know if it is common for people that are on orientation stand by to get in? I am still wondering what my chances are.

Thanks

I just got an email from Mr Davis. He said that he is going to send the 2nd update letter early this week ... Praying ....

ah I remember being on the waitlist last year. it was pretty tense and stressful. I would recommend crossing your fingers, but also start the application process all over for the 2014 class just in case it doesn't fall through.

anyone get the update mail/email yet?

anyone get the update mail/email yet?

Tomk, I think we are on the same boat. I still have not heard anything :( This is my last hope for this year. Hope some good news will come this week
(Keep my fingers crossed) :luck:

sorry, I wrote by mistake ... Here is his exact words " My second update letter will most likely be mailed near the end of this week or early next week."

sorry, I wrote by mistake ... Here is his exact words " My second update letter will most likely be mailed near the end of this week or early next week."

Well, It sounds like rejected letter:( I try to keep my hope ups :xf:

I was guaranteed early acceptance for class of 2014 so I am guaranteed a spot. Man it's a tough road but hopefully it will work out.

How does this process work?

How does this process work?

Each year 1 or 2 students are offered EA. These students are usually ''red hots'' who just interviewed late in the cycle when the class was nearly full; thus, there is no room for them but the university offers them a position in the next years' class--no questions asked.

I have a friend who's declining their spot. Hope you guys get to hear soon!

:idea:I am in medium alternat, I was at medium alternate last year too and I did not get accepted so I dont count on it too much, but not giving up either

did anyone get accepted from medium alternate??????:confused:

I've just received an update letter from Touro stating that they are still in the process of pulling people off of the waiting list as spots become available. There can also be an increase in the # of offers made during the final weeks prior to start of classes. Final updates are made in mid August which will address the Early Acceptance for class of 2004.

it seems that everyone is so tired of the waiting huh ? me too :(

Yeah, I think it's best to concentrate on next year's applications.

hey guys,

i seriously did not think that they were forreal when they said in the update that they were still sending out acceptances but they called me today and offered me a seat. so do not give up all you other waitlisters! because i already lost all hope for touro and all of a sudden they called! i wish you guys all good luck and for those who are already in for c/o 2013, see you at orientation!

Congrats iluv72chevelles!!!! I am so...happy for you and glad to hear that they are still pulling people from the waitlist. I am crossing my fingers and hoping that I'll get the call by next week; however, I am starting my applications for next year just in case.

hey guys,

i seriously did not think that they were forreal when they said in the update that they were still sending out acceptances but they called me today and offered me a seat. so do not give up all you other waitlisters! because i already lost all hope for touro and all of a sudden they called! i wish you guys all good luck and for those who are already in for c/o 2013, see you at orientation!

did you receive the 2nd letter like us , iluv72chevelles ? Tx

thanks smartone!

and yes smily1123, i recieved the 2nd update letter. i wish you guys lots and lots of luck!

Congrats Chevelles, see you at orientation August 3rd!

Orientation is monday did any one get any new news from Touro? Anyone get better offers from other schools and not attending orientation but didnt tell Touro?

Anyone hear any Early Admission decisions yet..?