touro-cali vs. cal northstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spirospero18

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
which would you choose?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
check out cncp's faculty :smuggrin:

touro for sure...i wouldn't mind Jewish holidays and the fact that the city of vallejo is both bankrupt and ghetto as f*ck.

touro for sure...i wouldn't mind Jewish holidays and the fact that the city of vallejo is both bankrupt and ghetto as f*ck.

would you choose UH Hilo or Touro? Both are candidate status.

would you choose UH Hilo or Touro? Both are candidate status.

Ooh good question.

UH Hilo = FANTASTIC faculty, but you're on a rock in the middle of the pacific and not on the most exciting island (big island vs. oahu). But if you're an outdoors person, you might like it...but I couldn't live there.

Touro = no impression re: faculty but the campus is in the ghetto of ghetto cities + kinda raunchy looking from the outside. 2+2 didactic/clinical schedule intrigues me.

In the end I'd pick touro for the fact that i'd have different rotation/internship opportunities in CA vs. HI and the fact that home = 1hr flight vs. a 6hr flight over the pacific. Personal choice rules in this case vs. actual school stats/details.

Is there something wrong with cncp's faculty? Perhaps there are not that many members? thanks
I really like this school but not so sure if I would choose it over others.

You would pick Touro for sure but then you mentioned vallejo is a really bad town? Care to elaborate? thanks

If I knew nothing about the two schools, I would choose Touro because it's cheaper than CNCP and they're getting ready to graduate their first class soon. I would also prefer to go to a school that isn't a stand-alone pharmacy school and *if* CNCP has questionable faculty members, this makes this decision that much easier.

Haha, touro isn't in the ghetto of all ghettos. Because if you think so, No one has showed you the real tour of Vallejo then. :laugh:

Haha, touro isn't in the ghetto of all ghettos. Because if you think so, No one has showed you the real tour of Vallejo then. :laugh:

What are you talking about? Have you taken a tour of Vallejo?

has anyone interviewed at both schools? and if so, what decision did/will you make based off your visit?

Members don't see this ad :)
why not go to a real school like UCSF?

I'll translate confetti's response for you. "shut up, you're a tool. " I'm calisoca, and I approve of this message.

Touro all day long. Calnorth is riddled with s***.

Last edited:
What's with all the negative talk about Cal Northstate? Do you guys have any insight beyond the insults? If so, please share it.

I'll translate confetti's response for you. "shut up, you're a tool. " I'm calisoca, and I approve of this message.

actually, it would be great if the whole state of california fell into the ocean.

bump

Last edited:
I think the fact that CNCP is not yet accredited leaves alot of doubts for people. Other than that, if you could elaborate more on why you think CNCP is not great that would be very helpful for us students to make informative decisions about this.

Touro is accredited and established..so I am sure there are lots of wonderful things about the school. So other than the bad town, any good facts about this school?

Vallejo/Mare Island is no worse than Rancho frickin Cordova, give me a break.

One neat thing about TU: It has a unique 2+2 split approach, didactic and practicum.

CNCP took two whole freakin' years to crawl out of pre-candidate status (every other school that opened at the same time moved forward within a year).

Passion4Sci -- point taken re: valley of the hoes vs. rancho cordova, but at least the weather is nicer closer to the bay. when i think of rancho cordova, i think of cal worthington's car lot and his commercials. "open 'til 10, everyday!"

CNCP took two whole freakin' years to crawl out of pre-candidate status (every other school that opened at the same time moved forward within a year).

Passion4Sci -- point taken re: valley of the hoes vs. rancho cordova, but at least the weather is nicer closer to the bay. when i think of rancho cordova, i think of cal worthington's car lot and his commercials. "open 'til 10, everyday!"

Oh man, I LOVED ol' Cal's commercials.

"I'll get you a car with $95 down, and reallllly low payments!" See me, and my dog spot!

Good times!