Touro - California (TUCOM-CA) Discussion Thread 2012 -2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was accepted to the masters programs at both the NY and CA campuses. I currently live in Boston, so New York just "makes sense." Also the guaranteed admission (dependent on GPA) really pushes me toward NY. Can you help me think of reasons why I would want to go to Touro in CA?

Does anyone have a curriculum for the CA program? I had some trouble finding it online.
I was part of the master's Class of 2013 at Touro CA. I was accepted into their DO Class of 2017 this past March. I don't know anything about the NY program, but I highly recommend the one at Touro CA. I think the courses gave me a good idea of what to expect the next two years.
Fall:
Neuroscience
Physiology I
Anatomy
Biochem
Cell Bio

Spring:
Research + Biostats
Physiology II
Pharmacology
Immuno

I had such a good experience with the master's program at Touro CA. The faculty is very supportive, especially the program advisor Dr. Miller. Feel free to PM me with any other questions.

Members don't see this ad.

June is almost here...Has anyone received and updates from Mr. Davis on the wait list? Checked my spam folders and nothing yet.

I haven't heard back yet. I believe today is the last decision day for Touro. Mr. Davis will probably inform us about movement next week. Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
ugh

Last edited:
They'll probably update us later this week hopefully. I'll pose here if I hear anything back. According to last year's thread, some movement happened around June 6, 2012

An update email was sent. It states that there will be high wait list movement in 7 or 10 days.

Another high waitlister here...hoping to hear some great news the next few days or so...

Giving people hope: I just declined my acceptance! Interviewed 5/7, received acceptance letter in the mail 6/3. Good luck to those who are waiting!! :)

Giving people hope: I just declined my acceptance! Interviewed 5/7, received acceptance letter in the mail 6/3. Good luck to those who are waiting!! :)
Great! Thanks for keeping us updated. All the best to you.

Kitkit2013 and Pigglyjuff...Thanks for the updates! There's some hope!

Hey does anyone know if TUCOM has a CPR/AED requirement before starting? I know almost all medical schools do, but I have not heard or read anything regarding this on the TUCOM website. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey does anyone know if TUCOM has a CPR/AED requirement before starting? I know almost all medical schools do, but I have not heard or read anything regarding this on the TUCOM website. Thanks!
they do not have a requirement before starting. however you will be trained in BLS/ACLS in second year before you go out on rotations.

Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist yet? I'm currently on the high alternative list

Touro admissions needs to get its act together. High Alternate Waitlist movement starting 7-10 days? It is day 12 now and it appears there is no waitlist movement! Frustrating.

Touro admissions needs to get its act together. High Alternate Waitlist movement starting 7-10 days? It is day 12 now and it appears there is no waitlist movement! Frustrating.

I think they might mean "business days"....adding up to 2 weeks.

Anybody accepted yet?

I know you can't accurately judge by the past years' history of acceptance, but does anyone know whether they pulled all or most of the people from high alternate list in previous years?

Haven't heard anything yet unfortunately. I took a peek at last year's thread and a lot of movement happened around this time and around 4th of July week

Hi all, I declined my acceptance this past week. So hopefully that makes an extra more spot available to one of you guys. Good luck!

Thanks! Glad to know that there is movement! Anyone else hear anything?

Hi all, I declined my acceptance this past week. So hopefully that makes an extra more spot available to one of you guys. Good luck!

Were you accepted off the high alternate list and then decided to decline? Or were you accepted prior to June 1 and finally declined because of an acceptance elsewhere? Just curious as to whether the high alternate list is even moving.

Sorry for not being more clear. I interviewed and was accepted in Feb and recently declined after being pulled off the waitlist somewhere else. So hopefully one more spot out there, if and when there is movement.

Sorry for not being more clear. I interviewed and was accepted in Feb and recently declined after being pulled off the waitlist somewhere else. So hopefully one more spot out there, if and when there is movement.

Thanks for the update! Best wishes to you :)

I just received an email today. They have been pulling off the waitlist for the past few weeks

Were you accepted off the high alternate list and then decided to decline? Or were you accepted prior to June 1 and finally declined because of an acceptance elsewhere? Just curious as to whether the high alternate list is even moving.

I didn't realize that the alternate list is ranked. How do you know this???

Just called admissions to see how the high alternate waitlist is progressing (since I'm currently trying to set up plans for another school, as I'm sure a lot of others are doing as well) and they said that it's not really moving right now and that they are taking everything on a day-to-day basis (makes sense). They said they will call and email us if accepted. I just wanted to share that with anyone who is wondering whether to call and ask, I'm sure they'll tell you the same thing since they are very limited on what they can say. Good luck to everyone!

Got a call today morning! Accepted off the WL! :)

What I've done while waiting was I sent 2 letters of intent (about 1.5 months apart) & sent my updated transcript.

Posting this for a friend:

Hi everyone!

My name is Jenny and I am an incoming pharmacy student. I am currently leasing a house with another 1st year pharm student. The house is less than 10 minutes from campus. And rent is $400/month for your own bedroom and a shared newly renovated full bath. Utilities (electric, water/sewer, trash, internet) are already included in the rent payment. The house comes fully furnished and your bedroom comes with a dresser, bed, and desk (if you choose to use them).

Here's the link to photos of the house:
http://s686.photobucket.com/user/MegKenworthy/story/10457

Here's the link for the bedroom:
http://pbr686.photobucket.com/albums/vv223/MegKenworthy/031.jpg?t=1368850357

Sorry to bother anyone who already has living arrangements, but please forward this to anyone else you know that still needs a room for the upcoming school year.

Thanks!
Jenny
[email protected]

Got a call today morning! Accepted off the WL! :)

What I've done while waiting was I sent 2 letters of intent (about 1.5 months apart) & sent my updated transcript.

Congrats!!!

So it's the final week I hope one of us gets a call before Aug 1. Does anyone know when they might call of for a spot on the orientation standby list?

Congrats!!!

So it's the final week I hope one of us gets a call before Aug 1. Does anyone know when they might call of for a spot on the orientation standby list?
According to Mr. Davis, he's already extended invitations and received acceptance for the three standby orientation spots

Last edited:
wow. well looks like it's time to look forward then. congrats to those that got in this year!

Just got off the waitlist today!!! Starting orientation on Thursday!! Good luck to the rest of you, I have been reading this forum religiously for the past 5 months, keep your heads up for EA!!!

Congrats! Would you mind telling us which waitlist you were on?