Touro College Bayshore DPT Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xyz888

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Heard from Touro College (bayshore) about a month ago with an acceptance letter- anyone else hear back?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats! When did you apply? and this is for the May 1st, 2015 deadline?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! I applied to most schools by August 24 and heard back from Touro by Dec 16 - yes this was for the May deadline

I got into the Manhattan campus but I'm getting anxiety over NYC living expenses aah and don't even know where to start on all of that stuff. It's really nerve racking.

I actually would've preferred getting into the Bayshore campus.

I'm anxious too, I have no idea where to begin looking for apartments, etc. I'm waiting to hear back from several more schools too. That's why I'm holding off on looking for now-

I should be hearing back from them soon. And, if you don't mind sharing, what did you score on the GRE's?

By any chance does anyone know the email to contact admissions? Ptcas lists it as [email protected] but their site has it sometimes with and sometimes without the period before health. I emailed the ptcas one earlier, but didn't get a response.

I should be hearing back from them soon. And, if you don't mind sharing, what did you score on the GRE's?

158 V 158 Q 4.0 W

By any chance does anyone know the email to contact admissions? Ptcas lists it as [email protected] but their site has it sometimes with and sometimes without the period before health. I emailed the ptcas one earlier, but didn't get a response.

I emailed this admissions associate when they notified me that they never got my preq form. [email protected]

I emailed this admissions associate when they notified me that they never got my preq form. [email protected]

Thanks so much! I got an email the very next day saying "Your application has been evaluated by the admissions office and has been submitted to the admissions committee for a formal review."

Here's hoping they'll let me know soon. I think Touro is my only chance at PT school this year, so waiting has been so stressful :sick:

Reactions: 1 user
Facebook group is up for class of 2018 at bayshore

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! facebook group is called: Touro College Bayshore DPT Class Of 2018- if anyone wanted to contact each other for roommates, etc.

Hey I saw there were some people who got into Touro Manhattan post on this thread and had some questions about living situation in NYC. I started a facebook group for the class, hopefully some of questions and concerns can be addressed by some of the other class members that have joined the group so far. here is the link for the group (Touro College Manhattan DPT 2018): https://www.facebook.com/groups/466384046851320/

I got into the Manhattan campus but I'm getting anxiety over NYC living expenses aah and don't even know where to start on all of that stuff. It's really nerve racking.

I actually would've preferred getting into the Bayshore campus.
I got into Bay Shore and would prefer Manhattan... Maybe we can switch ;)

Hi all. I just got accepted into the Bay Shore campus for the class of 2019 last week. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me about their experience in the program so far. I have heard a lot of mixed things about it but a lot of things really draw me towards it (dual degree, LI location, cadaver dissection, etc.)

Please let me know what you think! Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi all. I just got accepted into the Bay Shore campus for the class of 2019 last week. I was hoping someone would be able to tell me about their experience in the program so far. I have heard a lot of mixed things about it but a lot of things really draw me towards it (dual degree, LI location, cadaver dissection, etc.)

Please let me know what you think! Thanks!

Hello,

I am currently a first year DPT student at Touro College Bayshore, LI. The campus is essentially one building in the middle of town, all classes occur on the third floor for the physical therapy students. It is all classrooms, some offices, and a lab for cadaver dissection. Otherwise then that, there are places to go during your hour-two hour lunch break (depending on your schedule), a main street with restaurants, and an awesome coffee shop across the street next to the train station. You will be in class ranging from 8-5 most days, and the teachers are very smart and care about the students.

The cadaver dissection is awesome, there are 4 professors that are there for assistance, but the students do the dissection. The manhattan campus does not have this luxury, although they do come to visit the campus for limited access to the lab. I do not know much about the dual degree, but if anyone has any more questions there is a Facebook group for the class of 2018. Someone had already messaged the group, but unfortunately the message was quickly erased and I was not able to answer.

hope this helps!

What was your gpa when they accepted you? Is it true one has to have a 3.9 gpa to get in?