touro college of pharmacy New York C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

City Boy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys do you mind sharing your stats.i have 3.3 Bio and 3.37 math gpa. Bachelors degree in Biology.........Radiology Tech Licence........No pharmacy experience ......... 1500 hospital volunteer hours......3 references and one from health professional........

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I applied here as well. Good luck! My stats are 3.45 overall, 4.0 math and science. 200 volunteer hours, 15 years management experience. It'd be great to keep in touch through this process - thanks for starting the thread.

Hey! I applied here as well. Good luck! My stats are 3.45 overall, 4.0 math and science. 200 volunteer hours, 15 years management experience. It'd be great to keep in touch through this process - thanks for starting the thread.
Hey man did you got interview yet.......I also hope others will join us as well....also have you taken pcat yet.......

Members don't see this ad :)
. my stats are terrible but Im still giving it a shot. 2.7 overall. almost 2 years of tech experience (over 40,000 hours) 3 LORs (2 from pharmacists). good PS. 70ish PCAT.

I'm not expecting an interview

. my stats are terrible but Im still giving it a shot. 2.7 overall. almost 2 years of tech experience (over 40,000 hours) 3 LORs (2 from pharmacists). good PS. 70ish PCAT.

I'm not expecting an interview

Hey man do not be dishearted by the stats...its up to the college to select you or not.i know couple of people got in pharmacy school with terrible stats....you have good experience in pharmacy.....plus you have a good pcat.allot of candidates have not even passed the pcat yet.....so I think you should not worry and always think about the possibility.....

Hey man do not be dishearted by the stats...its up to the college to select you or not.i know couple of people got in pharmacy school with terrible stats....you have good experience in pharmacy.....plus you have a good pcat.allot of candidates have not even passed the pcat yet.....so I think you should not worry and always think about the possibility.....

Thanks for the encouragement Cityboy. :thumbup:I guess you're right. Positive thinking is good. I am going to try and submit everything by Monday. Good luck to you and I hope you land an interview!

I'm also applying here as well hope we all get interviews :)

I'm not sure about my chances...depends on how highly touro values PCAT I suppose.

BS in Biology, BA in Chemistry degrees pending (in spring)
3.35 GPA - 3 withdrawals, 1 fail, 2 f-grade replacements (one replaced with an A, the other a B)
3.1 Science GPA
92 PCAT Composite (4.5 writing)
6 months research + 1 publication pending
No pharmacy experience
Working on getting 3 LORs, none yet..

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I'm not sure about my chances...depends on how highly touro values PCAT I suppose.

BS in Biology, BA in Chemistry degrees pending (in spring)
3.35 GPA - 3 withdrawals, 1 fail, 2 f-grade replacements (one replaced with an A, the other a B)
3.1 Science GPA
92 PCAT Composite (4.5 writing)
6 months research + 1 publication pending
No pharmacy experience
Working on getting 3 LORs, none yet..

Any ideas?

Wow. Your PCAT score is rock solid and your GPA looks solid as well. I'm sure you'll be just fine man.

Hi all! I submitted my pharmCAS to Touro as well! I hope we all get interviews! Is the PCAT required for admission? I thought it wasn't but I would think it would help if it was a really solid score! :)

I applied to Touro as well and recently received an email from them to complete a supplemental. Do you think its okay to submit my supplemental mid-September? Or is this school rolling?

And I don't think the PCAT is required for admissions...unfortunately. Do they look at it though? I sure hope they do!

Good luck you guys!

PCAT is not required for Touro. The supplemental has been up on the website for a few months, so def submit it if you're ready. I already did - September is definitely not too late for it. It's probably earlier than most.

Best of luck everyone - let us all know how it progresses from here on out!

Hi all! I submitted my pharmCAS to Touro as well! I hope we all get interviews! Is the PCAT required for admission? I thought it wasn't but I would think it would help if it was a really solid score! :)

HAHAH omg saraaah! haha I swear I didn't copy your school list

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a little bit worried because I mailed out the supplemental with the fee in early August but received an e-mail about a week ago asking me to submit the supplemental...I'm hoping they have it and just automatically send out that e-mail to everyone when they receive their pharmCAS applications...Has anyone had this happen to them too?

I am a little bit worried because I mailed out the supplemental with the fee in early August but received an e-mail about a week ago asking me to submit the supplemental...I'm hoping they have it and just automatically send out that e-mail to everyone when they receive their pharmCAS applications...Has anyone had this happen to them too?

omgosh, you are so early on everything. But I would call them just in case. Did you track
your supplemental?

I haven't even finished my PharmCAS application or gotten my LORs, you guys are so quick

Saraaah's posts motivate me to hurry up and finish my stuff! LOL:laugh:

Hey Saaarah! I see you're at Touro as well as MCPHS....maybe we have others on our application list that coincide? Where else have you applied?

well I hope we all get in the same school.......

Saraaah's posts motivate me to hurry up and finish my stuff! LOL:laugh:

I did everything early because last year I applied to only one school and I was really behind on everything (I didn't submit my pharmCAS until the very last possible day!) Obviously I didn't get in...This time around I really want to be on top of everything!!! It's still really early so the fact that you are getting ready to submit is really good!!! :):thumbup:

Hey Saaarah! I see you're at Touro as well as MCPHS....maybe we have others on our application list that coincide? Where else have you applied?

I was wondering the same thing! I've submitted my PharmCAS to:

Touro
LIU
MCPHS
Saint Joseph
Albany (Vermont campus)
Fairleigh Dickinson
LECOM (Erie)
Western New England
Thomas Jefferson
Virginia Commonwealth
UCONN

How about you?

Touro
LIU
MCPHS
Saint Joseph
Albany (Vermont campus)
Fairleigh Dickinson
LECOM (Erie)
Western New England
Thomas Jefferson
Virginia Commonwealth
UCONN

How about you?

O....M....G. for reals? haha That's awesome!! and your gonna think I'm creepy haha. From this list, LIU, VCU, UCONN, and st joseph are the ONLY schoolls I'm not aplying to

Touro
LIU
MCPHS
Saint Joseph
Albany (Vermont campus)
Fairleigh Dickinson
LECOM (Erie)
Western New England
Thomas Jefferson
Virginia Commonwealth
UCONN

How about you?
MCPHS
Touro
University of Buffalo
Shenandoah

Why did you choose VCA over Shenandoah? Just curious....

Well, we have a chance of being classmates at two schools! Cool....

MCPHS
Touro
University of Buffalo
Shenandoah

Why did you choose VCA over Shenandoah? Just curious....

Well, we have a chance of being classmates at two schools! Cool....

I'm not really sure why haha, but I think I am going to submit to Shenandoah as well. So make that three schools!!!

I received an e-mail from Touro admissions today saying that my file is complete and I will receive another e-mail when they start reviewing my application. I hope it's soon!!! :xf:

Just got an e-mail that my application is under review!!! EEEEEK!!!!

I'm not really sure why haha, but I think I am going to submit to Shenandoah as well. So make that three schools!!!
Oh cool! It would be so great to go into this "knowing" someone....

OMG! So exciting about the application review! Great news....I'm pulling for you!

The supplemental application is killing me.....-_-

I got an email saying my application is under review also...fingers crossed for all of us haha

omg seriously. the supplemental topic is so vague?! I don't have any life experiences lol:confused:

I'm sure you have had plenty of life experiences! For mine I just talked about my work and shadowing experience that was relevant to pharmacy and tried to show how those experiences reinforced my desire to go to pharmacy school.

I'm sure you have had plenty of life experiences! For mine I just talked about my work and shadowing experience that was relevant to pharmacy and tried to show how those experiences reinforced my desire to go to pharmacy school.

THanks for the tip! Good luck on your interview! :)

Hey guys!! I just found this forum and was wondering if I'm kinda late for applying. My pcat is on the 26th (this Wednesday) and I was planning on completing my PHARMCAS within the next week.:confused:

Hey guys!! I just found this forum and was wondering if I'm kinda late for applying. My pcat is on the 26th (this Wednesday) and I was planning on completing my PHARMCAS within the next week.:confused:

You're not late at all! In fact, it is still considered relatively early. only problem is that Pharmcas might be at peak times. it sometimes takes 4 weeks to verify and mail your pharmcas application... Don't take my word for it but I think touro waits for your Pharmcas to be verified before they review your app! GOOD LUCK!:luck:

Hey Guys,

If I dont have a letter from any healthcare professors, should I still apply cause I think Touro really want one?

Hello Pharmacopeia516

Your stats are really amazing. I am confident that you will be granted an interview and then you just have to be yourself and impress them. Just remember not to be nervous and listen to the questions being asked carefully and answer them accordingly. I got accepted to the class of 2016 but for special circumstances, I had to defer until 2017. Good luck to you all. I am really excited and cannot wait to get started.

Hope to see you in August 2013 for the class of 2017 :)

Pashuni

Last edited:
Hello Pashuni,

Is a letter from health care professors very important for Touro College?

Hello Pharmacopeia516

Your stats are really amazing. I am confident that you will be granted an interview and then you just have to be yourself and impress them. Just remember not to be nervous and listen to the questions being asked carefully and answer them accordingly. I got accepted to the class of 2016 but for special circumstances, I had to defer until 2017. Good luck to you all. I am really excited and cannot wait to get started.

Hope to see you in August 2013 for the class of 2017 :)

Pashuni
Thanks, Pashuni! I hope you're right about an interview invite! Congrats on your acceptance - that's great that they allowed you to defer from last year. What types of questions did they ask? Because the school is new there is not a lot of information in the interview feedback section of this website. I'd love to hear your impressions of the experience.

Hope to see you in Fall 2013 as well....

It would be really great if you can get a letter from a healthcare professor. However, don't stop yourself from applying if you cannot get one because remember that not everyone applying has the priviledge of knowing/having experience in the health care field. As long as you have the right amount of recommendation letters that they are requesting, you should be fine. I believe that they look at everything not just any one thing in particular. When I had applied, I had three letters from Health Care Professors/Company Directors/Primary Investigators from companies and then it just occured to me that I should probably have asked one faculty professor also for a letter. I graduated quite a few years ago that is probably why I decided to use people that were associated with any of my recent achievements. Definetly include faculty professors because after all, this is a professional degree that we are talking about so they will appreciate it. Good Luck :)

Thanks, Pashuni! I hope you're right about an interview invite! Congrats on your acceptance - that's great that they allowed you to defer from last year. What types of questions did they ask? Because the school is new there is not a lot of information in the interview feedback section of this website. I'd love to hear your impressions of the experience.

Hope to see you in Fall 2013 as well....

Hello Pharmacopeia516. I would have loved to comment on any specifics but I am sorry it will not be possible because not everyone applying knows about this site and it will not be fair for them. When I applied, I did not even know that this site existed. Just make sure that you know as much about the school and its mission as possible. Hope this helps. Good Luck :)

Hello Pharmacopeia516. I would have loved to comment on any specifics but I am sorry it will not be possible because not everyone applying knows about this site and it will not be fair for them. When I applied, I did not even know that this site existed. Just make sure that you know as much about the school and its mission as possible. Hope this helps. Good Luck :)
Fair enough, i understand. For your own knowledge, you can go to the top of the page and click on "Articles and Interviews" and then select the school you're interviewing with and find out the types of things they ask direct from people who interviewed. I was assuming that you knew that or maybe had answered the survey yourself. I apologize if you thought i was out of line or petitioning for information that is "secret" or something. Thanks for your response....

Hey guys,

Do you know how to sign for the supplimental application? Do we have to print it out and sign it?