touro college of pharmacy New York C/O 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks! :D It's really great that you have so much experience in multiple fields of pharmacy. I have a lot of experience, but it is ALL in retail. Oh yes, I forgot to mention that I have a BA is psychology and anthropology.

BTW, I think my interview went really well today! I feel really optimistic about it! I CANNOT wait til the beginning of February to find out if I made it!!! :scared: :xf::xf::xf::xf:

I'm sure you will find out good news soon, been there. It's so funny, going through the process was hell. Waiting for a interview, you can't sleep. Once you get an interview, you can't sleep. You check email 20-30 times a day, you see that decision email, do a little prayer, click that mouse button and life is awesome! Now I have 99 problems but pharmacy school ain't 1.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure you will find out good news soon, been there. It's so funny, going through the process was hell. Waiting for a interview, you can't sleep. Once you get an interview, you can't sleep. You check email 20-30 times a day, you see that decision email, do a little prayer, click that mouse button and life is awesome! Now I have 99 problems but pharmacy school ain't 1.

Oh gosh, I've never checked my email so many times in one day before!! And whenever I hear my incoming email sound, I literally jump out of my chair, lololol!! It's harious lol. I am definitely going to update my decision status here when I find out. My interview was 1/23 so im guessing by the 1 st or 2 nd of Feb we ill find out. Until then, I most likely going to cobtinue being a nervous wreck. :scared: Lol. Thanks for all the help and info, btw! I really appreciate it. :)

And good luck to all the January interviewees. One more week!!

Oh gosh, I've never checked my email so many times in one day before!! And whenever I hear my incoming email sound, I literally jump out of my chair, lololol!! It's harious lol. I am definitely going to update my decision status here when I find out. My interview was 1/23 so im guessing by the 1 st or 2 nd of Feb we ill find out. Until then, I most likely going to cobtinue being a nervous wreck. :scared: Lol. Thanks for all the help and info, btw! I really appreciate it. :)

And good luck to all the January interviewees. One more week!!

do not worry you will definitely get in.........tell me something how comparative was the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I applied through pharmcas in november, and in Jan they requested for the proof of one class that I am taking this semester. They told me all the requirements was satisfied. My question is..is it too late to receive an interview??!

Hello! I applied through pharmcas in november, and in Jan they requested for the proof of one class that I am taking this semester. They told me all the requirements was satisfied. My question is..is it too late to receive an interview??!

No it is not too late. They have interviews until April. Good luck!

do not worry you will definitely get in.........tell me something how comparative was the interview.
Don't worry so much. I know that it is easier said than done. I remember that I use to check my emais about 10 times each day regardless of what day of the month it was. I was placed on the reserve pool in October 2011 and did not get accepted until July 2012 (nine months). You can only imagine what I went through but I eventually got accepted. Be positive. Everything will work itself out.

Good Luck

Soooo, we're getting really close to the next round of admission decisions! I hope they are sent out on the early side, such as around the 31st. So nervous :scared: , but I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed!! :xf:

Goodluck everyone! :)

Can any current Touro pharmacy student give some insights on what's it like to be there? From Google map it seems like the school is just a building situated on a busy street. Is there even a campus? What student life like?

I got accepted but will most probably be declining.

Members don't see this ad :)
where else you got accepted at.........

Thomas Jefferson. I have a bunch of interviews I'll probably be cancelling too. University of Maryland is my top choice though, still waiting to hear from them.

Thomas Jefferson. I have a bunch of interviews I'll probably be cancelling too. University of Maryland is my top choice though, still waiting to hear from them.

Wow...I heard Thomas Jefferson is one of the top school plus its cheap.

ACCEPTED!!!!!! :D :soexcited: :clap: :claps:

And I accepted the offer! So I am officially part of Touro's NY Class of 2017!! :)

Anyone knows if it is late to apply now?
For some reasons, I just came back America.
So, just submitted my PHARMCAS last weekend (Jan 27) and just turned in my SUPP APP several days ago.

Thanks and really appreciate your replies.

Congrats on being accepted, I'll cya in August :D

Anyone knows if it is late to apply now?
For some reasons, I just came back America.
So, just submitted my PHARMCAS last weekend (Jan 27) and just turned in my SUPP APP several days ago.

Thanks and really appreciate your replies.

No it is not too late.They are accepting applications until April, so you still have time! Try to get it done ASAP though. Good luck!! :)

ACCEPTED!!!!!! :D :soexcited: :clap: :claps:

And I accepted the offer! So I am officially part of Touro's NY Class of 2017!! :)
GGMay congrats. See you in August. I am looking forward.

Pashuni

Don't worry so much. I know that it is easier said than done. I remember that I use to check my emais about 10 times each day regardless of what day of the month it was. I was placed on the reserve pool in October 2011 and did not get accepted until July 2012 (nine months). You can only imagine what I went through but I eventually got accepted. Be positive. Everything will work itself out.

Good Luck

Thanks for encouragement

Thanks so much for your encouragement !!!! On the website, I saw that it said Touro has rolling admission. But, in the Supp App, they said, every applicant is weighted the same no matter when they apply during the cycle. That was why I got confused !!!! :)

No it is not too late.They are accepting applications until April, so you still have time! Try to get it done ASAP though. Good luck!! :)

Thanks so much for your encouragement !!!! On the website, I saw that it said Touro has rolling admission. But, in the Supp App, they said, every applicant is weighted the same no matter when they apply during the cycle. That was why I got confused !!!!

Thank you! See you then! Can't wait! :D

https://www.facebook.com/groups/117760981728442/?fref=ts

Oh and this is the link to the facebook page of the class of 2017 in case anyone would like to join and meet the class! :)

Even though, I have not been accepted, I was just curious to checkout your link and surprised to see that only 16 people getting in so far?!?!?! Why so little ?! I thought then class is almost full now :eek:

Even though, I have not been accepted, I was just curious to checkout your link and surprised to see that only 16 people getting in so far?!?!?! Why so little ?! I thought then class is almost full now :eek:

I think it is deffinitely because a lot of people do not use SDN or even facebook. Or may not know that there is a facebook page for the class of 2017. Just cause there is only 16 people on the group on facebook doesn't mean there is only 16 people in the class so far. I think you deff still have a good chance though! There is still time! Good luck! :)

I think it is deffinitely because a lot of people do not use SDN or even facebook. Or may not know that there is a facebook page for the class of 2017. Just cause there is only 16 people on the group on facebook doesn't mean there is only 16 people in the class so far. I think you deff still have a good chance though! There is still time! Good luck! :)

Hi again GGMay, can I ask you this? How did you turn in your Supp App? I mailed mine with over night service. When I tracked it online, the record showed my package was received by someone from Administrative Staff but not the Office of Admission. This made me worried if my package can be lost.

Thanks

Hi again GGMay, can I ask you this? How did you turn in your Supp App? I mailed mine with over night service. When I tracked it online, the record showed my package was received by someone from Administrative Staff but not the Office of Admission. This made me worried if my package can be lost.

Thanks

I sent mine in a manila envelope and, honestly, didn't want to spend the extra money on tracking. So I just sent it in with standard mail at the post office and that was that. Therefore, I do not know exactly who received it. I used the exact address as written in the instructions and sent it out. I received confirmation through email a several days later with the subject "Supplemental Application Received." So look out for that email. If your tracking says that the school got it, even if it wasn't specifically admissions, I'm sure that it's fine. Once it's at the school it should be forwarded to the correct office. But look out for the confirmation email and if you don't get, I'd email admissions and confirm with them.

I sent mine in a manila envelope and, honestly, didn't want to spend the extra money on tracking. So I just sent it in with standard mail at the post office and that was that. Therefore, I do not know exactly who received it. I used the exact address as written in the instructions and sent it out. I received confirmation through email a several days later with the subject "Supplemental Application Received." So look out for that email. If your tracking says that the school got it, even if it wasn't specifically admissions, I'm sure that it's fine. Once it's at the school it should be forwarded to the correct office. But look out for the confirmation email and if you don't get, I'd email admissions and confirm with them.

Thanks for a very detailed answer. The point is I didnt receive their email. Even when I emailed and called the Admission Office, they still didnt reply. I was wondering if it was because the time between when I turned in my PHARMCAS and my Supp App was too short (about 3 or 4 days). So, they are still waiting for my PHARMCAS to be mailed out.

Thanks for a very detailed answer. The point is I didnt receive their email. Even when I emailed and called the Admission Office, they still didnt reply. I was wondering if it was because the time between when I turned in my PHARMCAS and my Supp App was too short (about 3 or 4 days). So, they are still waiting for my PHARMCAS to be mailed out.

I'm not really sure what happened then. If they receive your PharmCAS before your Supp App, they send an email saying that they are waiting for your Supp App. But if they get the Supp App first I don't know if an email is sent saying they are waiting for the PharmCAS.

I think that you are right and that they are waiting for your PharmCAS,because they can't process anything without it, so I agree that maybe they are waiting for the PharmCAS to come in. Once they get your PharmCAS I'm sure they will send you confirmation. Did you try calling PharmCAS and asking when your app is going out? That way you have an idea of when Touro will get it. Hmm, other than that, I don't know. Good luck tho and stay determined! I've learned that this process really tests your patience and is also a waiting game. Good luck! :)

Hey guys! Is anyone traveling to Touro from Queens, NY? How are guys going to be traveling there? I'm going to be traveling using train: the M line to the A line cause it's the fastest. I've never used the subway as a means of daily transportation and, even though am a New Yorker, am nervous!! It would be cool to have someone to travel with, or at least to know if I will be on the line with other Touro students.Thanks! :)

Can anyone accepted mind sharing their stats so I can get an idea?

Can anyone accepted mind sharing their stats so I can get an idea?

Sure. These are my stats when I got the interview:
Cum. GPA: 3.49
Science GPA: 2.80
PCAT: 58
6+ years inpharmacy
Bachelors in Anthropology and Physcology

After my academic update my cumulative went to 3.53 and my science to 3.02.

Good luck! :)

You think I can get it in with a 3.4 GPA / 3.55 Science GPA? I've shadowed a pharmacists and volunteer in a local ER. Would it be wise to put all my eggs in one basket with these stats?

Your stats sound really great!! But you need to remember that stats is not everything, however. The interview is an integral part of acceptance and Touro really goes hard on it. The interview process was very in depth and in order to gain acceptance you need to excel in this area. Furthermore, the interview was closed file, so the interviewers didn't even know each person's stats! So in order to do well during interview, you need to really have a lot to say and really good things to say as well as show that you are serious and passionate about pharmacy. So, honestly, it is hard to tell if you will get acceptance just from your stats.

I do think, however, that your chances for getting an interview are good! But it's hard to say definitely because there are so many factors that are considered by a school so nothing is really definite until it actually happens. I think you will most likely get the interview. As far as acceptance goes you need to excel in the interview and no one knows what will happen except yourself because only you know how well you communicate and if you have really great answers to the questions.

Your stats will get you the interview, but your personality/passion/interview answers is what will get you the acceptance. Stats aren't looked at after you get the interview, because all interviewees have good stats. Now its all about you and your communication. This is the key point, and no one can predict if you interview well, especially not us who do not know you. With good practice, communication, and preparation though, you will have an advantage.

Good luck!! :)

Last edited:
You think I can get it in with a 3.4 GPA / 3.55 Science GPA? I've shadowed a pharmacists and volunteer in a local ER. Would it be wise to put all my eggs in one basket with these stats?

The above comment plus this one...

Don't forget your supplement input as well. It's also one of the factors to be invited to the interview. Good luck~~~ Don't get discourage...:)

Yup I'm trying to put all my eggs in one basket because I'm a horrible standarized test taker, even though I will take the PCAT in September. I'm planning on hiring someone to help fix my PS. Anything else to boost my application?

Hey, can anyone who have gotten interview this month share their stats with me........

Science GPA : 3.34
Overall GA : 3.42
Pharmacology major
experience, Hospital volunteer in pharmacy departmen
Research wih bio professor for 3 years
PCAT : 84%

Last edited:
Science GPA : 3.34
Overall GA : 3.42
Pharmacology major
experience, Hospital volunteer in pharmacy departmen
Research wih bio professor for 3 years
PCAT : 57%
Your stats are great. Good luck.

Pashuni

Hey, can anyone who have gotten interview this month share their stats with me........

Yup, I realize it is extremely late but I just submitted everything today (i.e. mailed my supp). I wonder if the class is almost full and now many more interviews are available. I guess I will find out soon.

Congrats to everyone that has already been accepted and good luck to those still waiting to hear back...

i am currently still waiting as well. does anybody know when they conduct their interviews? at the beginning or ending of each month? also has anyone received an interview for march yet?

i am currently still waiting as well. does anybody know when they conduct their interviews? at the beginning or ending of each month? also has anyone received an interview for march yet?
I believe they conduct interviews twice a month.