Touro College Of Pharmacy- New York

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed the financial aid office, I was told that they are currently packaging pharmacy students. So hopefully we should be receiving the award letters soon.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everybody, I am applying for Fall 2012 as well. I received an email that they have received both my PharmCAS and supplemental and my application is under review and I should check the supplemental tab on PharmCAS IN 2 TO 3 Weeks.
However I am still waiting for one of my references to submit his letter!!! So I don't know if my application would say complete or not!!

Good luck to everyone! :)

Hi everybody, I am applying for Fall 2012 as well. I received an email that they have received both my PharmCAS and supplemental and my application is under review and I should check the supplemental tab on PharmCAS IN 2 TO 3 Weeks.
However I am still waiting for one of my references to submit his letter!!! So I don't know if my application would say complete or not!!

Good luck to everyone! :)

When did you submit your supplemental?

I submitted my Pharmcas but they received my transcript on 9/13. Sent in my supplemental on 9/9 but never received any confirmations from them.
I am not waiting on anything as far as recommendations are concerned. Am i late because of Pharmcas?

for the supplemental, for those who went to schools that were in the quarter system, did you convert them into semester units for the supplemental app? :(

I submitted my Pharmcas but they received my transcript on 9/13. Sent in my supplemental on 9/9 but never received any confirmations from them.
I am not waiting on anything as far as recommendations are concerned. Am i late because of Pharmcas?

You should get it soon. Looks like you sent it 2 days after mine,and I just got it today.

Hi,
I was excited to hear that there's now a new school of Pharmacy in Manhattan called Touro College of Pharmacy. I read this and it says they're still not fully accredited http://www1.touro.edu/pharmacy/?page_id=145
I still have 2 years of pre-pharmacy to do so I'm still not in the application process. However, I was wondering what it means if I apply to a new college vs. applying to one that is already established. Does it make a big difference?
Other questions: how many pharmacy schools do you recommend applying to?
I have two more years of pre-reqs. When do you recommend that I start applying?

Hi,
I was excited to hear that there's now a new school of Pharmacy in Manhattan called Touro College of Pharmacy. I read this and it says they're still not fully accredited http://www1.touro.edu/pharmacy/?page_id=145
I still have 2 years of pre-pharmacy to do so I'm still not in the application process. However, I was wondering what it means if I apply to a new college vs. applying to one that is already established. Does it make a big difference?
Other questions: how many pharmacy schools do you recommend applying to?
I have two more years of pre-reqs. When do you recommend that I start applying?

Merged with existing thread for this school. Please use the search function before posting a new thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
^ tracking shows they received my supp on 9/15 but I haven't received any email confirmation nor have they cashed my check yet. what about u?

^ tracking shows they received my supp on 9/15 but I haven't received any email confirmation nor have they cashed my check yet. what about u?

Mine was received a week earlier than yours but they did not cash my check!
I called the admission office yesterday and they are waiting for my pharmcas

Mine was received a week earlier than yours but they did not cash my check!
I called the admission office yesterday and they are waiting for my pharmcas

I got an email from them way back that they already received my pharmcas so idk why they're not cashing anyone's checks lol

Well, I'm gonna start this thread. Who's going to Touro? I just came back from NYC and the place just fits my personality. I'm applying there and hopefully hearing a good news. :xf:

Well, I'm gonna start this thread. Who's going to Touro? I just came back from NYC and the place just fits my personality. I'm applying there and hopefully hearing a good news. :xf:

Merged with existing thread. Please use the search function in the future before posting a new thread.

i have a question, are you guys all sending in the the supplement apps on paper, or is anybody able to do it through computer/email?

i have a question, are you guys all sending in the the supplement apps on paper, or is anybody able to do it through computer/email?

Hhmmm! I submitted mine a while back, so I don't exactly remember now. But I think there was no option of online submitting, so I had to print,sign and mail it. Don't quote me and Double check again, but I usually prefer submitting on-line, so the fact that I did not tells me that there was no option. :)

Does anybody know when Touro starts interviewing? Did anyone get an invitation?

Thank you for selecting Touro College of Pharmacy. We have received your PharmCAS application. If you have not already done so please submit a supplemental application http://www1.touro.edu/pharmacy/docs/2012_Supplemental_Application.pdf .
Your application will not be reviewed until we receive both your PharmCAS and supplemental application. As you move through the application process your status will be updated on PharmCAS.
Supplemental application must be received (not postmarked) by March 1, 2012 to be considered.

All the best,

I submitted my supp. already about three weeks ago....

Anyone heard anything from them yet?

Thank you for selecting Touro College of Pharmacy. We have received your PharmCAS application. If you have not already done so please submit a supplemental application http://www1.touro.edu/pharmacy/docs/2012_Supplemental_Application.pdf .
Your application will not be reviewed until we receive both your PharmCAS and supplemental application. As you move through the application process your status will be updated on PharmCAS.
Supplemental application must be received (not postmarked) by March 1, 2012 to be considered.

All the best,

I submitted my supp. already about three weeks ago....

Anyone heard anything from them yet?

I have submitted my supplemental a while back Mid-Sep, and have not heard back either!

I called them and they said they are in the process of reviewing right now and will send interview invites end of this week or next week! Good Luck everyone.

I called them and they said they are in the process of reviewing right now and will send interview invites end of this week or next week! Good Luck everyone.

thanks for letting us know! :D
they never even responded to my email about whether they got my supp or not, hope they got everything :xf:

goodluck everyone!

thanks for letting us know! :D
they never even responded to my email about whether they got my supp or not, hope they got everything :xf:

goodluck everyone!

They did not cash in my check yet???why???:(:(:(

They did not cash in my check yet???why???:(:(:(

They have not cashed mine either. From what I have read in the forums they cash the checks really late, so don't worry about that.

Hi guys, looks like something is moving. I was checking under my supplemental tab on my PharmCAS and I noticed they updated it for Touro and check marked what they have received and what they are missing. i suggest that you check it out in case something is missing.

Under "missing pre-requisites (See below)" .... all the pre-reqs requirements are listed, meanwhile i do have all of them on the transcripts....plus the column "must be received by school" is empty....anyone knows how to read this table?

Under "missing pre-requisites (See below)" .... all the pre-reqs requirements are listed, meanwhile i do have all of them on the transcripts....plus the column "must be received by school" is empty....anyone knows how to read this table?

I don't think they are done yet! It said the same thing for me as well and I have completed all my pre-reqs. I guess it just takes a while for them to complete everything. At least this is what I think!! :)

they haven't listed the date that they received supp + supp fee on pharmcas yet (it's still blank), just gotta wait I suppose !

I don't think they are done yet! It said the same thing for me as well and I have completed all my pre-reqs. I guess it just takes a while for them to complete everything. At least this is what I think!! :)
The same here!!!

I just realized Touro NY wants 6 quarter units of human anatomy with lab and 6 quarter units of human physiology with lab. they said you can substitute this by taking human anatomy and physiology 1 and 2.

But my school only has "vertebrate anatomy w/lab" and "human anatomy and physiology" as a stand alone course. Do you think they'd be okay with this?
man I really don't want to have to take additional courses at a community college since I have no time right now...

App has been updated for Touro already but no updates on cashing my check as well as pre-reqs:(

I guess but who really cares? once accepted, your duty as a student is to stay focus, graduate and pass the Naplex.

im a registered pharmacist in Pakistan. how i can be registerd in Naplex please provide me information:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I just realized Touro NY wants 6 quarter units of human anatomy with lab and 6 quarter units of human physiology with lab. they said you can substitute this by taking human anatomy and physiology 1 and 2.

But my school only has "vertebrate anatomy w/lab" and "human anatomy and physiology" as a stand alone course. Do you think they'd be okay with this?
man I really don't want to have to take additional courses at a community college since I have no time right now...

From my opinion, they are REALLY strict about this requirement. I kept going back and forth with Hilda from Touro about if my 8 unit stand alone A&P class (one semester) would count. After all the emails, I'm still not even sure if I'm good with this requirement or not...guess we'll see!

From my opinion, they are REALLY strict about this requirement. I kept going back and forth with Hilda from Touro about if my 8 unit stand alone A&P class (one semester) would count. After all the emails, I'm still not even sure if I'm good with this requirement or not...guess we'll see!

lol oh i see. gosh well hope we'll be okay and not have to take additional classes!

You mean they won't accept anything other than that? B/c my school foes not offer those courses.

Human anatomy with lab OR Anatomy and Physiology with lab I3-4 semester hours/ 4.5-6 Quarter unitsPhysiology with lab OR Anatomy and Physiology with lab II3-4 semester hours/ 4.5-6 Quarter

Human anatomy with lab OR Anatomy and Physiology with lab I3-4 semester hours/ 4.5-6 Quarter unitsPhysiology with lab OR Anatomy and Physiology with lab II3-4 semester hours/ 4.5-6 Quarter

Lol yeh I know I saw this on their website already lol. The problem is my school only offers human anatomy and physiology w/ lab as a stand alone course not one and two. It also doesn't human anatomy or just physiology but it has vertebrate anatomy w/lab so I was wondering if they'd accept that but they're not replying to my email.

I took Human Anatomy & Physiology 1 & 2 with Labs. Most pharmacy schools require A&P 1 & 2 with lab, you can take them at CC's if university doesn't offer them. they are 200 level courses. You should definitely email admissions to see if the course you have taken will meet the requirement. What level is the stand alone course your university offers?

Lol yeh I know I saw this on their website already lol. The problem is my school only offers human anatomy and physiology w/ lab as a stand alone course not one and two. It also doesn't human anatomy or just physiology but it has vertebrate anatomy w/lab so I was wondering if they'd accept that but they're not replying to my email.

I think they mean if your school offers anat & physio 1 and 2 ,then you should take both. If not I believe anatomy seperate in one course with lab, and physiology with lab as another class will be acceptable. at least that is how most other schools accept it. But you should defenitly call them and make sure.

is there anyone get phone call from them? i think i missed their call. i tried to call them back, but no one to pick!! is there anyone get their call??:scared::scared::scared:

is there anyone get phone call from them? i think i missed their call. i tried to call them back, but no one to pick!! is there anyone get their call??:scared::scared::scared:

I didn't get any call :confused:
was this to your cell or home phone?

I didn't get any call :confused:
was this to your cell or home phone?
my cell phone~i only leave my cell phone!!!but i dont know what the call regarding~~~~~i call back them but no one answer in admission office!!!

my cell phone~i only leave my cell phone!!!but i dont know what the call regarding~~~~~i call back them but no one answer in admission office!!!

dun worry they'll call back if its something important. lets see later on today if someone else on sdn got a call.

I visited the school couple weeks ago. I met one of the student there. He said that normally the school is off most Fridays. So, I guess the staffs may leave early during their working hours on Thursday. Just leave your message and someone will call you back. Don't worry!!! :p