Touro COM - New York, Harlem Campus (TouroCOM-NY, Harlem) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yep. I asked them.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Pretty sure this only applies if you're applying while still finishing your undergrad, otherwise they probably already have your completed transcript. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

They received my verified primary application a few days ago and sent me a secondary within an hour or so. Do they really prescreen heavily? I mean I highly doubt they looked at anything other than my GPA and MCAT.
Also I have heard some horror stories about securing rotation spots so now I am a little hesitant about submitting the secondary. Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it true you can only Interview at one or the other campus not both?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey all, I'm sorry if this was asked before but does anyone know if it's possible to switch your preference for a particular campus? I have an interview coming up at Middletown however I listed both campuses for preference on my application. I am now starting to lean towards Harlem, and I was wondering if there was a possibility of switching over. Does anyone know if this could be done or has had any experience with this?

Hey all, I'm sorry if this was asked before but does anyone know if it's possible to switch your preference for a particular campus? I have an interview coming up at Middletown however I listed both campuses for preference on my application. I am now starting to lean towards Harlem, and I was wondering if there was a possibility of switching over. Does anyone know if this could be done or has had any experience with this?
Before the interview is your best shot. I was told they normally don't allow that.

Hi!

My wife was recently accepted to the MS linkage and I am currently an OMS3 setting up away rotations in the city. We have been looking at apartments and while between the two of us we could afford them, we are completely unable to qualify for them. NYC apartments all want 40x income from renters or 80x income from cosigner. We are on student loans and my parents do not make near enough to cover 80x. How do people get around this mess? Are things different in Long Island? Looked into intuit but still cant qualify.

Thanks.

Hi!

My wife was recently accepted to the MS linkage and I am currently an OMS3 setting up away rotations in the city. We have been looking at apartments and while between the two of us we could afford them, we are completely unable to qualify for them. NYC apartments all want 40x income from renters or 80x income from cosigner. We are on student loans and my parents do not make near enough to cover 80x. How do people get around this mess? Are things different in Long Island? Looked into intuit but still cant qualify.

Thanks.

I too have been wondering about how to deal with renters and their requirement of 40x income....

I don't think it's out yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad :)
Can a current student weigh in on the "flipped-classroom" approach. I personally haven't experienced it. During the interview they said that the model works great and board score increase serves as proof. What are some major pros and cons that you have noticed while using the model at Touro-Harlem?

Hey guys - I was accepted more that a week ago - but I didn't receive the FB link for the group in my acceptance email? When should i expect that information? It would be great to get to know people.

The link to the Facebook page is in this thread. You might have to go a few pages back to find it but it's in this thread.

For those who signed up for Summer Anatomy, was there any confirmation that you were able to secure a seat in the class? I sent in my form and payment a week ago and got no reply. I just sent a follow up email.

Does Touro Harlem have any student housing?
No student housing, you'll have to find your own. There's usually an excel sheet with info on who needs a roommate and who needs a room posted on your class' fb group. Look out for that!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Pretty sure this only applies if you're applying while still finishing your undergrad, otherwise they probably already have your completed transcript. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

That's wrong.

They received my verified primary application a few days ago and sent me a secondary within an hour or so. Do they really prescreen heavily? I mean I highly doubt they looked at anything other than my GPA and MCAT.
Also I have heard some horror stories about securing rotation spots so now I am a little hesitant about submitting the secondary. Any thoughts?

Mind sharing what you mean about the rotation spots? It's a pretty small class size and I have not heard anything about issues with rotation spots. Do you mean third year core rotations or 4th year electives? Where did you hear such stories?

Does anyone know how many spots are left? I see that the FB group has 111 people. So does that mean there are only 24 spots left, or are some people in the fb group current Touro students?

Most of them are current students FYI.

Last edited:
Does anyone know their policy on deferring or know anyone who deferred here?

Hey, if you are thinking to do summer anatomy or come to NY early but haven't figured out the housing situation yet. I have a room to sublet over the summer. Please inbox me for more details. The place is only 2 subway stops from the school or 15min walking.

Hi, I have just been waitlisted by Touro. I just emailed them about the process, but what dictates someone getting off the waitlisted and being accepted? Do your stats have anything to do with getting off the waitlist? Also, does anyone know what a realistic timeline in being taken off the waitlist would be? Thanks

Hi, I have just been waitlisted by Touro. I just emailed them about the process, but what dictates someone getting off the waitlisted and being accepted? Do your stats have anything to do with getting off the waitlist? Also, does anyone know what a realistic timeline in being taken off the waitlist would be? Thanks

Hey Khizerfizer! I was placed on the waitlist back in December/January. When I called them they told me the waitlist is not ranked. Instead it is ordered based on when you interview. Therefore, your stats do not seem to play a role in the final decision. When I called in January, they told me they might start looking at the waitlist in April, but I called recently and they told me they sometimes wait until after second deposits are placed (May 15th). They also suggested I send an update letter/letter of intent to demonstrate continued interest when the admissions committee begins to review the list. I have heard they typically have pretty good waitlist movement. If you do end up calling, let me know if you have any additional information as far as the timeline for waitlist acceptance goes.

My interview was January 20th. I had given up hope because it was so long ago but I'm so excited!
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!

Thats great news! Congratulations! That must mean there are seats still available, which is great news because I interviewed in March. (Hoping for an acceptance not waitlist)

Last edited:
My interview was January 20th. I had given up hope because it was so long ago but I'm so excited!
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting!
Really good news for you! Did you urge them and then got the result yesterday?

Does Touro New York have any more interview dates considering that the Supplemental app is due in a month from now?!

Hey all, I was just sent an email by Touro Admissions saying that I had been invited to complete a secondary application but I had not filed it out yet. They gave me until Sunday 4/17 (tomorrow) to fill it out or have my application withdrawn. ....The problem is that I was never sent an email for a secondary application (Completed around early-mid December). What should I do?

*I posted this in the Middletown thread as well*

Hey all, I was just sent an email by Touro Admissions saying that I had been invited to complete a secondary application but I had not filed it out yet. They gave me until Sunday 4/17 (tomorrow) to fill it out or have my application withdrawn. ....The problem is that I was never sent an email for a secondary application (Completed around early-mid December). What should I do?

*I posted this in the Middletown thread as well*

Depends what your situation is. Any other acceptances? If not, I'd call the admissions department about the email so that they can send you the secondary and fill out it ASAP. They started interviewing pretty later but wouldn't hurt to try if you have no other options. Just my opinion!

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know which interview dates are left?

Last edited:
Depends what your situation is. Any other acceptances? If not, I'd call the admissions department about the email so that they can send you the secondary and fill out it ASAP. They started interviewing pretty later but wouldn't hurt to try if you have no other options. Just my opinion!

Update: I was able to find the application online, create a new user, and after selecting a TouroCOM campus a Secondary Application tab appeared in the side bar (weird since a disclaimer on the app's front page said a secondary can only be filled out if invited to do so)- Maybe I was approved in the system but an email wasn't sent. Regardless, I will submit this app and update admissions ASAP. Hoping for good news!