Touro COM - New York, Harlem Campus (TouroCOM-NY, Harlem) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I tried logging in a few days ago but it was acting strange every time I entered my username and password. Also it didn't have the two choices of where to log in like it did a few weeks ago

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone get their class schedule yet? Haha I've been told not to preread but I'm so darn excited!

Members don't see this ad :)
mmjhhjkh

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I could not log in yesterday..

I got an email telling me that the system had changed and that to get an account on TouroOne you need the new student ID that starts with a T00***** after I emailed admissions, they sent me my new student ID and with that I opened a "new" Touro One account.

I got an email telling me that the system had changed and that to get an account on TouroOne you need the new student ID that starts with a T00***** after I emailed admissions, they sent me my new student ID and with that I opened a "new" Touro One account.

Was it your old ID just with the T00 added to it?

Is the deposit for reserving your seat really expensive for anyone else?

I was originally able to log in to touro one but now I am unable to and the second deposit is due Sunday! I called and they haven't gotten back to me. Anyone in the same boat? Have people received emails with their new ids?

You don't need to log into touro one to make the deposit I think there was a link in the second deposit email. I've been trying to get the new T00 ID for a week now to no avail:/

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone figure out their housing plans yet? I'm wonder where I should look for a studio
I'm trying to find something in the Upper West Side cuz I would rather live there than Harlem haha

Waiting for waitlist movement like
553a98434aa21808310057d3.jpg

Just made someone on the waitlist happy. Officially withdrawn my acceptance. Good luck on all you guys at Touro ! Kinda breaks my heart to say goodbye to such an awesome school... But just like money talks MD also talks lol. Tchuuss

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Haha, please dear god I hope it's earlier than that

as do I. Its funny I know somebody accepted here that is on the waitlist to the school I am accepted to. I wish we could just switch, it would make my life much simpler.

as do I. Its funny I know somebody accepted here that is on the waitlist to the school I am accepted to. I wish we could just switch, it would make my life much simpler.

Same exact situation! Why can't we arrange our own domino acceptance?

Hey guys I heard that the seat deposit deadline was extended for this school. Anybody know what the new date is? Just trying to estimate when we might see some waitlist movement.

Anyone get loans distributed yet? Anyone seal the deal on their housing? School is so soon but I haven't heard much

Any did everyone get an email again this past week about the second deposit form?

Anyone get loans distributed yet? Anyone seal the deal on their housing? School is so soon but I haven't heard much

You won't get loans until a couple weeks into school starting.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Whoooaaaaa how do people do housing then???

That's one of the many horrible things about medical school. You have to figure it out in your own.

does anyone have any idea when they post lecture videos and where we can find them? I thought they said during the interview we could access them right away.
most likely when school starts.

Anyone have any idea as to why they may have extended the secondary deposit deadline, other than making those of us on the waitlist extremely anxious lol? Were there not enough seats accepted by their deadline or something?

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone have any idea as to why they may have extended the secondary deposit deadline, other than making those of us on the waitlist extremely anxious lol? Were there not enough seats accepted by their deadline or something?
Do you know what date it was extended to? Just trying to determine when I should call it quits and commit to my other acceptance.

That was basically the most reasonable reason I could think of. Which would be awesome (?) cause they can take more off waitlist. That, or they were just too busy to deal with it now--maybe cause they started interviews so late in the season or something.

Did anyone else get an email with a "special" opportunity to transfer to Touro Middletown? What a joke haha

Did anyone else get an email with a "special" opportunity to transfer to Touro Middletown? What a joke haha
I'm guessing this is bad news for those on the Harlem waitlist? Might mean they over accepted and need to transfer people to Middleton. After looking at the cost of living difference I wish they made this offer to people on the waitlist.

Why is that "a joke." Nobody is being forced to do anything it seems.

Why is that "a joke." Nobody is being forced to do anything it seems.

They're making it seem like giving up Touro's greatest attribute, the fact that it's in NYC is a good idea.

I'm guessing this is bad news for those on the Harlem waitlist? Might mean they over accepted and need to transfer people to Middleton. After looking at the cost of living difference I wish they made this offer to people on the waitlist.

Not necessarily, could just mean they are having trouble filling Middleton. I'm still confused why they would extend the Harlem deposit deadline if they were concerned the class was too full

Not necessarily, could just mean they are having trouble filling Middleton. I'm still confused why they would extend the Harlem deposit deadline if they were concerned the class was too full

But Middleton hasn't seen any waitlist movement, which can only make sense(if they are indeed having trouble filling Middleton) imo if they were waiting to see how much of their excess from Harlem they could transfer over first. I hope Im wrong though.

Did you guys also get an email about requesting for a deferral?

Moreover, have you guys found your places yet?

I got one what does that mean?

It means you would start school one year later. That's one year of being a physician lost and the 200-400k gone. DO NOT TAKE IT unless you want to reapply MD having this acceptance in the bag.

The school will eventually offer scholarships to nudge students to take the transfer to middletown.

I guess this deferral email means that they really are over capacity w/ students.

It means you would start school one year later. That's one year of being a physician lost and the 200-400k gone. DO NOT TAKE IT unless you want to reapply MD having this acceptance in the bag.

The school will eventually offer scholarships to nudge students to take the transfer to middletown.
So is that something they always do? Try to get people to switch to Middletown?

So is that something they always do? Try to get people to switch to Middletown?

Not really. Usually Touro gets deep into the waitlist. This time too many students are holding a seat.

They cant hold more than 135 students in the lecture halls (firecode) and they cant reneg on the acceptances without breaking basic contract laws.

Random question but is there a strict dress code for M1 students? For the guys, do we have to wear khakis and button down shirts everyday? Are we allowed to wear hats?

Random question but is there a strict dress code for M1 students? For the guys, do we have to wear khakis and button down shirts everyday? Are we allowed to wear hats?
Absolutely no dress code... Just be decent

Sent from my Nexus 6 using SDN mobile