Touro COM - New York, Harlem (TouroCOM-NY, Harlem) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you think all interviews should be somewhat standardized? It felt weird afterwards thinking that not every student would have gotten "grilled" like that

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
are the harlem and middletown interview styles similar? there's no sdn page for middletown :(
From what it sounds like, yes. I interviewed at Middletown, my "bad cop" interviewer was a very nice person, so it was more amusing than scary. Of course, it totally depends on the interviewer!

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone know if you can switch from the harlem campus to middletown after acceptance?

would someone be able to post the secondary questions or show me where I can find them posted?

Thanks!

Got an II on February 15th, decided to interview on March 6th!

I thought 1/23 was the first interview of January. I haven't heard from them yet and I interviewed the 23rd.

I interviewed on 1/23 also but in Middletown and still have yet to hear back. They told me 4-6 weeks

Reactions: 1 user
For those who are applying to Middletown/accepted to Middletown..... what is your reason for attending? Just curious on what everyone thinks of the school. Personally, I was blown away by the modern facilities.

Anyone interviewing at Middletown on Monday (27th)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone who interviewed in early Feb heard anything?

Interviewed on 2/2, rejected today :( good luck everyone else.

Interviewed on 2/2, rejected today :( good luck everyone else.

I know how that feels. Did you think your interview went well? Did you get accepted to other schools?

I haven't heard from them yet and I interviewed the 23rd. (Middletown).

Also interviewed 1/23 TouroCOM Middletown and I have yet to hear back. We should be hearing back soon....right? I hate the waiting

Also interviewed 1/23 TouroCOM Middletown and I have yet to hear back. We should be hearing back soon....right? I hate the waiting

I HOPE. I love this school. I think next Monday will be 6 weeks right? I'm getting nervous. Thinking about sending a letter of intent.

I know how that feels. Did you think your interview went well? Did you get accepted to other schools?

Only interview so far this year, second time applying. I've had to start the conversation of considering a career not in medicine.

Edit: yeah I thought the interview went well but I probably just have too many red flags from undergrad that a successful post-bac was not enough to mitigate

Nothing... zilch... and I'm DYING. I hate this waiting.
well you're probably at least wait listed considering they've already sent out rejections for interviews that were later than yours.

Me too I'm dying. I just want to know.
I am probably going to call tomorrow, wouldn't hurt right? I am not sure if we are waitlisted or they're still deciding on the January interviewees. I haven't found any TouroCOM Middletown thread on SDN (besides this one) to verify if Jan interviewees have heard anything back

I am probably going to call tomorrow, wouldn't hurt right? I am not sure if we are waitlisted or they're still deciding on the January interviewees. I haven't found any TouroCOM Middletown thread on SDN (besides this one) to verify if Jan interviewees have heard anything back

Did they say anything?

How long is the avg wait between being complete and an interview invite (or rejection)? I was complete 12/1 and haven't heard back yet

How long is the avg wait between being complete and an interview invite (or rejection)? I was complete 12/1 and haven't heard back yet
I don't know if this was normal but from my sumplemental application acknowledgment to II, it took only a few hours. But I waited a few months to get my secondary.

Just got the email from TouroCOM middletown- accepted! Good luck everyone

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys, any idea when the last interview date will be, for either campus?

(Sorry if this has already been answered)

Congrats! I also interviewed 1/23. Have yet to heard anything. =(

They told us during my interview this Monday that they like to send out decisions for each interview date at the same time so you should hear soon.

Congratulations I also got the email this morning and was accepted too!!! and it still feels surreal. Are you planning on going?

Planning to give them a call on Monday.

Did you also give them a call?

I didn't I actually just sent an email to admissions secretary not explicitly asking for an update just asking oh hey are decisions going out via mail or email I interviewed back in February haven't heard anything so I didn't know if mine got lost or they haven't been sent out.

I didn't I actually just sent an email to admissions secretary not explicitly asking for an update just asking oh hey are decisions going out via mail or email I interviewed back in February haven't heard anything so I didn't know if mine got lost or they haven't been sent out.

How long after the e-mail did you get the acceptance? Random question, but just curious.

I interviewed early Feb and haven't heard anything yet...:(

How long after the e-mail did you get the acceptance? Random question, but just curious.

I interviewed 1/23- heard back 3/3 so I am willing to bet you have 1-2 (at most) more weeks before you hear back.

I interviewed 1/23 and haven't heard anything. So you probably have a couple of more weeks to go.

I had a dream I was at orientation and was ecstatic at how cool and nice my classmates were. So at least Touro is good in my dreams! :laugh:

Has anyone started looking at places in Middletown? I dont know if I want to be alone or with roommates, and there isnt raelly much activity on the facebook page...

Reactions: 1 users

Emailed 2/21 and heard back 3/3

Was wait listed :( Anyone know any information about the wait list? This is my top school by far.