Touro COM - New York, Harlem (TouroCOM-NY, Harlem) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm sure this isn't going to make you feel any better, but last cycle I got my acceptance email a full 8 weeks after interviewing.

Do you by any chance remember how much time they gave you to accept/reject the acceptance offer?

I interviewed at Harlem on 9/28... approaching that 6th week now but still nothing...

Members don't see this ad.

Do you by any chance remember how much time they gave you to accept/reject the acceptance offer?

I interviewed at Harlem on 9/28... approaching that 6th week now but still nothing...

I think it changes based on where in the cycle you are. Later in cycle = less time. I was accepted in January and they gave me 2 weeks.

But yeah, Touro NY's turnaround time for interviews can be really long. Don't worry about it until 8 weeks pass.

man so apparently they haven't given out a single acceptance yet? I'm from the 1st interview group and feel like we should hopefully start seeing some decisions this week because its getting way too long....

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
man so apparently they haven't given out a single acceptance yet? I'm from the 1st interview group and feel like we should hopefully start seeing some decisions this week because its getting way too long....

Which campus?

that is what I am hoping too!

I submitted my secondaries around 10 days ago and haven't received any confirmation.
What's the typical time it takes for them to send out the confirmations?

Rejected via email yesterday afternoon. I interviewed at Middletown on 9/26.

Don't cry for me, though. I'm accepted somewhere (IMO) better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 11/7... Waitlisted just now. I have no idea where I went wrong.

I'm speculating here but with last years fiasco about over matriculating, I think this year they are going to waitlist more and accept less in an effort to prevent that from happening again.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm speculating here but with last years fiasco about over matriculating, I think this year they are going to waitlist more and accept less in an effort to prevent that from happening again.
This perspective is quite indulgent and makes me feel better because I'm just a tiny bit confused with a 507 mcat and 3.65 (not to sound like a jerk, I just know this is a little higher than their matriculating averages).. I really felt I gave my best genuine effort in the interview as well, so I feel lost as to how to improve... it's pretty disheartening.

This. I can nearly promise you that this is true.

accepted! relieved to have some pressure taken off finally haha. now i can relax for other interviews.

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted this morning! First acceptance ever!

I still haven't received an email, I interviewed on the 26th

has anyone from 9/26 not heard anything yet?

I got an II on Monday but I've already been accepted to NYITCOM which is much closer to me, more established, isn't in Harlem, and apparently has better rotation connections. Gunna pass on the interview I think.

Interviewed 11/7 and I haven't heard anything either. It's interesting because Frank mentioned that they try very hard to give out responses to everyone who interviews on the same day, at the same time

Can someone please give me more information on what the interview day is like at Touro-Harlem?

Just received an interview invite today! I responded back to their offer of either of two dates and can't wait to check out this school.
Oh wow they give interview invites on the weekends, good to know! Do you mind sharing your stats?

I still haven't heard from my interview on 9/26, i'm going to call today because it's been 8 weeks but i'm wondering if i'm the only person?

I still haven't heard from my interview on 9/26, i'm going to call today because it's been 8 weeks but i'm wondering if i'm the only person?

Middletown seems to give out the majority of their responses on Mondays. I feel like it's a good chance you may get your answer today. I interviewed 11/7 and I'm really hopeful about today too. The anxiety!

Middletown seems to give out the majority of their responses on Mondays. I feel like it's a good chance you may get your answer today. I interviewed 11/7 and I'm really hopeful about today too. The anxiety!

Hopefully! I live in Upstate NY and we've been hit with a big storm today so there is a chance they might be closed today, but hopefully not!

Hopefully! I live in Upstate NY and we've been hit with a big storm today so there is a chance they might be closed today, but hopefully not!

How much snow did you get? I hope they're not closed, but it would be good to know so I could stop refreshing my email every minute hah!

How much snow did you get? I hope they're not closed, but it would be good to know so I could stop refreshing my email every minute hah!
I'm from farther Upstate then they are so i'm not sure how much they got but every school around my area is closed including colleges

I dont think touro middletown is closed today. They should be having some OMM thing going on today. And regarding decisions, I got mine on a thursday for what its worth.

I called and myself, along with a few other students, were supposed to get their decisions last week. There was a problem with the system so I am glad I called. Received my decision within seconds of calling so if you interviewed 9/26 and haven't gotten an email give them a call and Frank will help you out! That being said I was accepted.

Stats: 3.36 MCAT 507

Reactions: 4 users
I am interviewing on December 7th at the Harlem campus. Anybody else have an interview there so far?

I called and myself, along with a few other students, were supposed to get their decisions last week. There was a problem with the system so I am glad I called. Received my decision within seconds of calling so if you interviewed 9/26 and haven't gotten an email give them a call and Frank will help you out! That being said I was accepted.

Stats: 3.36 MCAT 507
Hey do you remember when you were complete?

I interview in Harlem in December. Anyone have any insight on what the interview is like?