1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Touro COP - Housing Qs: Current / New Students

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by JBond007, May 6, 2007.

1. JBond007

2+ Year Member

Qs for Touro Students:

Current Students:
    What do you all think of housing at Touro (on campus)?

New Students:
    Has anyone looked into housing on campus or off campus is a better choice?

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Stephie

Stephie Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i'm a current p-1 and most people here prefer off campus housing. there are some nice houses to rent on mare island as well as apt complexes/houses to rent in the vallejo/benicia area.

4. hpharm07

hpharm07 Membership Revoked
    Removed

Pre-Pharmacy

it's really pathetic that Tuoro students goes on here looking for housing and roommate... after all, aren't there enough students that the school con enough of their money? definitely a roommate from _ _ _ _, or the Touro's area must be dried and isolated,,,hmmm

5. JBond007

2+ Year Member

Just asking qs and doing some research about housing..

6. JBond007

2+ Year Member

Read through one more time as to what the qs that are being asked!

and one more advice: "think before you solve"

7. pharmd4me@510

[email protected] druggist_2_be
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    What is wrong with this guy? Must have been rejected from Touro or something. What is wrong with looking for roomates on this forum? Isn't that what this forum is for---to network, and find info. Lastly, how did Touro "con" people? It's legitimate school that already got its candidate status. Get your info straight before making ignorant posts like these

8. sprinkle0420

sprinkle0420 New Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    hpharm07...you need to put down the haterade home skillet!

9. awrar

Hey everyone,

I am going to look at housing this week and some help would be greatly appreciated. I looked at some reviews of apartments in vallejo and most if not all would have people talking about crime and break-ins. I know vallejo is ghetto but there are nice areas arent there? If anyone who goes there or is going there could help out by letting me know some nice apartment complexes that would be great. So far all I got from here was blue rock village and fountain plaza were ok. I am going to check those out but wanted some other ones to compare as well. Thanks.

10. delite310

delite310 Member
    5+ Year Member

Hey everyone,

Im a p1 and living in Blue Rock Village. Anything East of the 80 fwy is considered "safer" and nicer. The Blue Rock area and its surrounding areas can be thought of as the "suburbs" of Vallejo. Many people also live in Glen Cove (area) or Benicia. Also, the houses on Mare Island are very nice. But keep in mind if you want to live in the nicer areas, it's about a 15-20 min ride to school.

As far as crime goes, it happens everywhere, just take extra measures to ensure your safety. Also, a lot of it is in your head ie: paranoia and sterotyping.