TOURO Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nontradstudent

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got the invitation for interview at TOURO. Anyone have any comments or advice about the school and interview there? Any help is greatly appreciated. Good luck to all of you :)

Members don't see this ad.

I decided not to fill my secondary out because I felt that the expenses in the bay area are more than other areas and the school is a recent development. A couple of weeks ago I got a call from the adCom saying to fill the secondary out if I am still interested, I thought this was an impressive gesture on their part. The people at the school seem to be very friendly and understanding. Although, I was disappointed when I requested a catalog about the school and I just received some stapled papers describing their program.

Sorry cant be of much more assistance...

------------------
Khan

When is your interview? Mine is on the 4th of January.

Members don't see this ad :)
Darly,

Mine is on Jan 30th, but I may have to call to change to Feb. Do you have any information about the interview there? Good luck for your interview!!!! :)

Since I haven't gone to my interview yet, I am not exactly sure how it would be. I've heard a few things though... first, the administration talks to you (director of admissions, financial aid rep, etc.), then you go on a tour, interview, then have lunch (or something like that). It's a panel interview... around 5 interviewees to four interviewers, one of whom will be a second year student. I've heard that they're all very friendly, and the director of admissions (Dr. Haight) sounds like a great guy. If you want to know more, just email me... or I'll write back to you after my interview. Good luck on the thirtieth
smile.gif

Darly,
What is your email address?

Happy Holidays!!

Hey Y'all
smile.gif

I am not sure if its still the same, but when I interviewed there 2 years ago it was a panel interview. I found it to be the most stressful interview compared to all the other schools I had interviewed.

The applicants (about 5-7) are brought into a conference room (very small & confining-maybe it changed) along w/ 5 other admissions people & one med student. I was told from other folks to sit in the middle, but I sat on the end instead. I guess the reason is they like to ask a question & go down the line. So, if you had a great answer to give, a collegue next to you might snatch your flame. I didn't care when they did that though! I responded by saying, "I agree w/ my collegues but I also feel....." You get the point. Although the people I interviewed with were all cool & friendly(how funny that 5 out of the 7 I interviewed all went to COMP w/me-we laugh about from time to time everytime we talk), I thought it was not very appropriate to interview applicants like that(compared to other schools that do one on one.

Also, make sure you are aware of what you put in your applications because they have that in front of them when they interview you. I went to a Jesuit institution & was asked, "so robert, how has a jesuit education benefited you as an individual". I got stomp a little, but was able to answer the best I could.

Lastly, this is just my beef, I would try to go into the schools that have been around longer. This way you can check out the history of their grads & post-doc, board score, etc... Nothing against Touro, but they don't graduate their first class till 2001-that only means PROVISIONAL accreditation until then
frown.gif
However, if Touro is your top choice or only choice, more power to you. The bottom line is you will have a least have the chance to study medicine!!!
Good luck to you all
smile.gif

Rob
WesternU/COMP Class of 2002