Touro (Middletown) vs Technion (Israel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

khnesrght

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys know or what have you heard about these programs?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think that Israel is one of the lone exceptions.

What evidence do you have of this. From a quick look at their website, they have placed between 16 and 25 students (out of ~35) in US residencies over the last 3 years. That's not great.

What evidence do you have of this. From a quick look at their website, they have placed between 16 and 25 students (out of ~35) in US residencies over the last 3 years. That's not great.

Thank you for being thorough.
I should have clarified. I didn't mean all Israeli schools. I get the impression that Sackler is superior to most DOs. I wasn't sure about Technion but essentially I felt that since the med school at Technion is relatively new, it would take a few years to work out kinks. (Comparatively, I'd for sure choose DO over Ben-Gurion). And since Technion is quite an established and prestigious school, I would be confident that it would be worked out. (Now should be that time). As to the match rate, you pose a good question. I just don't know how large the class size is every year since it changes. Some years it might be 20-25 and other years around 30ish. From what I gather It's not set at a particular number but it shouldn't be over 35. As to the matching rates or drop-out rates for schools, I'm still trying to find out what is 'normal' and what is questionable.

I think these are a lot of questions that you don't have answers for, and the answers could change a lot. You're taking a lot of risks if you choose Technion over Touro imo. From what I've heard, the DO stigma isn't that big of a deal.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m no expert, but I’ve read from numerous sources that US MD/DO >>>>> forgein MD (if you want to get a US residency/ work here).

With the upcoming merger, things are only going to get worse for FMG/IMGs looking to match. Go with the DO.

Reactions: 1 user