Touro Nevada MHS: 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

spookyhero22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone gotten accepted for the 2021-2022 cohort and is planning to attend?
I got in but I haven't really received any further communications.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone gotten accepted for the 2021-2022 cohort and is planning to attend?
I got in but I haven't really received any further communications.
i'm in the process of applying. if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I was just recently accepted as well! I just paid my deposit...any others get accepted yet? You can pm me if you would like:)

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Everyone, how long did it take for the admissions to get back to you after submitting?

Hi Everyone, how long did it take for the admissions to get back to you after submitting?
I applied in early October and was accepted the second week of November. I've heard as the deadline approaches, it might take a little longer to hear back decisions.

I applied in December right after Christmas and was accepted at the end of January. So it took maybe 4-5 weeks to hear back. Good luck to you this cycle!

I was accepted. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

I'm applying this week, LOL. I don't know what my chances are this late in the game but we shall see!

Reactions: 1 users
Make sure to check your emails for more paperwork! I got one to submit my immunization records.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if admissions has been on vacation or anything? I haven’t heard from anyone in about 11 days despite emailing. Needless to say, I am spiraling!

Does anyone know if admissions has been on vacation or anything? I haven’t heard from anyone in about 11 days despite emailing. Needless to say, I am spiraling!
they take a while to answer and we are turning in paperwork (vaccination records) so maybe they'll answer soon. i know how you feel :cryi:

Hello,

For those who submitted there deposit, how long did it take until the amount was posted into your account? Also, did you guys receive an email confirming your payment right after or did it take a day or two? Lowkey panicking because I'm sure I paid it but I didn't receive an email like it stated I would.

Hello,

Are there any former/current MHS students that can tell us about their experience at Touro? Also, can you tell us about the benchmarks and acceptance rate into the DO program as an MHS student?

Last edited:
Hello,

Are there any former/current MHS students that can tell us about their experience at Touro? Also, can you tell us about the benchmarks and acceptance rate into the DO program as an MHS student?
I am currently in the MHS program going into the DO program. I have all the statistics of acceptances/waitlist/rejection/dropouts. The statistics on Touro’s MHS programs website are NOT accurate and they are used to attract people to their program.

Actual Stats:
Start: 66
Dropped 1st semester: 15 (Included in Rejection numbers)
PA program: 19
DO program: 47

PA Program: 19
Accepted: 10
Waitlisted: 2
Rejection: 7

Do Program: 47
Accepted: 16 (3 out of the 16 have a Conditional on retaking the MCAT)
Waitlisted: 6
Rejected: 25

My advice to anyone wanting to go DO is to NOT do this MHS program and to instead use the year the study and take the MCAT. The dean absolutely hates the people coming out of the program and the program has a reputation for being a scam.

At the beginning of the first semester, the person in charge of admissions promised our class everyone would get in if they had a cumulative 3.25 GPA in the program and a 496 MCAT. Later that semester, (after everyone was too far along to get tuition reimbursement) they changed the requirements to 3.25 GPA in core classes and a 500 MCAT. This made many students upset so that is why we had 15 people drop out and got partial tuition refunded. Some students who had 500+ and a 3.25 still ended up getting denied.

Long story short, this is a difficult way to get into medical school and I would not recommend it.

Last edited:
I am currently in the MHS program going into the DO program. I have all the statistics of acceptances/waitlist/rejection/dropouts. The statistics on Touro’s MHS programs website are NOT accurate and they are used to attract people to their program.

Actual Stats:

My advice to anyone wanting to go DO is to NOT do this MHS program and to instead use the year the study and take the MCAT. The dean absolutely hates the people coming out of the program and the program has a reputation for being a scam.

At the beginning of the first semester, the person in charge of admissions promised our class everyone would get in if they had a cumulative 3.25 GPA in the program and a 496 MCAT. Later that semester, (after everyone was too far along to get tuition reimbursement) they changed the requirements to 3.25 GPA in core classes and a 500 MCAT. This made many students upset so that is why we had 15 people drop out and got partial tuition refunded. Some students who had 500+ and a 3.25 still ended up getting denied.

Long story short, this is a difficult way to get into medical school and I would not recommend it.

Reading this makes me second guess if I want to go...

If you don’t mind me asking, what were the MCAT stats or avg of those that got in?
Did you feel like you got support though from faculty for the program and the application process for medical school?

Reading this makes me second guess if I want to go...

If you don’t mind me asking, what were the MCAT stats or avg of those that got in?
Did you feel like you got support though from faculty for the program and the application process for medical school?
The average MCAT stats for those accepted were 506-507. Those who were accepted are very bitter because if they focused on applications and MCAT early in the cycle, they would have been accepted to MD programs for half the price of tuition.

The program is free-for-all. There is little to no guidance from any faculty. The program and its students are treated as the last priority. We had professors not show up to their lectures on multiple occasions.

I actually had this same advice from someone last year when I was questioning going to the program. I thought he was exaggerating so I ignored his advice. If any of you have any specific questions or would like to talk on the phone DM me!

Last edited:

Actual Stats:

You should remove those that dropped out from the statistics because they weren't "rejected", they didn't have the success the school requires to get in. Furthermore, you should ONLY include stats for those that were offered interviews, as these were the students who met the below criteria.

Touro University Nevada College of Osteopathic Medicine is very clear about what they are offering to students in the masters program. They are offering an INTERVIEW (no guaranteed acceptance) to students who meet their criteria that they outline on the first day: 3.25 GPA, 500 MCAT (although they have been known at Touro to take a lower MCAT score IF AND ONLY IF a student has done extremely well in the program), and no professionalism issues.

I cannot speak for this year's class, but I can speak for previous MHS classes. If you get an interview, and you are above the 500 MCAT, you will at least get waitlisted. Realistically, they outright accept students who get better than a 3.4, and they almost always accept the full MHS waitlisted students. They will never tell you about that though, because they want to reserve the right to deny a student who was an average performer and they don't think will be a good fit at the school.

It is important to remember that these masters programs are intended for borderline students to show that they can be successful in medical school. If they cannot be successful, it is better to find that out after a semester of the masters program (which is considerably more cheap than the DO program).

As for the professors, the COM got a new dean in 2019 who doesn't care as much about MHS as the previous dean. Many of the good professors who made MHS successful for earlier cohorts have moved on from the school, but there are a few remaining that are really great. I can imagine during the pandemic it was harder to build relationships with these professors, but I can attest that having had them in person they care very deeply for their MHS students and you get to bring that relationship into 1st year DO school as many of them are the same professors. The only advice I would give is don't be entitled. Everything has to be earned in the MHS program AND in the DO program. This will be no different no matter what masters program you attend. Take care of your studies and don't be that student who is at a 3.3 (less than 3.25 science) and is complaining about it being Touro's fault. There are plenty of students (more than half) who were not great undergrad applicants that took advantage of MHS and got accepted outright.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hi,
I recently got accepted! Does anyone have the link to the FB group? The guidelines are a little blur, does anyone know the guaranteed interview requirements for this upcoming year?

Hi,
I recently got accepted! Does anyone have the link to the FB group? The guidelines are a little blur, does anyone know the guaranteed interview requirements for this upcoming year?
If you don’t mind me asking, When did you apply and when did you get your acceptance?

The MHS program! sorry I didnt mean secondary more like the one on their portal instead of postbaccas that you have to do after.
You have to do a postbaccas one too? I thought they didn’t need both but said it’d be faster with the postbaccas? I only applied from their portal one :/

You have to do a postbaccas one too? I thought they didn’t need both but said it’d be faster with the postbaccas? I only applied from their portal one :/
I did the postbaccas one, then they sent me an email with their portal to fill in like more info not sure which the postbaccas is required.

Dang I should have read this thread before paying the 75 dollars lol

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has done this program with the goal of attending dental school afterward? I do see that it's geared mostly toward DOs, and as far as I can tell, there is no information that I can find regarding their connection to Touro dental school..

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone has done this program with the goal of attending dental school afterward? I do see that it's geared mostly toward DOs, and as far as I can tell, there is no information that I can find regarding their connection to Touro dental school..
I'm not sure if the Touro in Nevada has a dental college, are you perhaps looking into Touro College of Dental Medicine in New York?

Hello, can anyone that is currently in the program comment or recommend it?

I'm currently in the program, ask me anything. Would be happy to help!
Hi! Would you recommend the program? What was the daily life like as a student? Is class attendance mandatory? Did the program prepare you well for the interview for the DO program? Thank you!