Touro-NV or Touro-NY???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wreckx

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out I've been accepted to both schools. I know Touro-NY is brand new but bases it's curriculum off of Touro-NV. Any thoughts (other than that I would be in NYC vs. NV) on which school I should choose???

Members don't see this ad.

First off, are you from Nevada or NYC? If the answer to either of these questions is yes, then I'd go with the school in the city.

Aside from that, I'd go to Touro Nevada. I interviewed there, the student environment gave off a good vibe, the board pass rates have been high for the only class that took it, and they have established rotations in 3rd year, so you do not have to leave the area for third year clinicals. Plus the cost of living in Nevada is still considerably cheaper than NYC.

Personally, I'd opt for a more established school than either of these two, but if these schools are the only places you got in, then that's where you should go.

Theres a touro NY now? WOW. Do schools are popping up everywhere. They're the new starbucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the input!

If you come to Nevada, you can get into my Wine/Beer/Spirits club. We're going to meet about once a month and taste different beverages. Good way to get together and not think about school.

I don't know if this helps your decision at all, but here are the 2007 Match results for Touro -CA.

Touro-CA 2007 Match Results

Bryan

If you come to Nevada, you can get into my Wine/Beer/Spirits club. We're going to meet about once a month and taste different beverages. Good way to get together and not think about school.

If I get in I'll totally hit it up, sounds like a good time:thumbup: