touro school of osteopathic medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

silver_eyes

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

my cousion goes to touro school of osteopathic medicine (in vallejo, ca). she said that there is a program there that she will go there for 2 years and get her D.O and then transfer to stanford or another school in california and then graduate from that with her MD.

did anybody hear about that?

thanks,
r.k.

Members don't see this ad.

Holy Mary if that's true that DO school can take my 100 dollar app. fee right now.

I never heard about this before. I just know that transferring from MD school to MD is very difficult, which makes me think that a transition from DO to MD is even harder, I dont know about anything like that though.

Eduardo

Members don't see this ad :)
hm. I'm guessing complete and total falsehood.

not bad if you can get both a DO degree and a MD degree in 4 yrs!

It's pretty hard to do this. And why would anyone want to start at a DO school and go MD? If you do this, I'd seriously question what's more important to you: becoming a doctor or having "MD" behind your name.

I once read about something like this in the osteopathic forum. It may be possible, but probably very difficult. You would have to have really high USMLE scores. And she would not get her DO degree in addition to the MD. :wink:

I don't think this is true either. I can't imagine getting a DO or MD without completing the clinical phase of medical school (ie getting a DO after 2 years). I also don't believe that any allopathic school would take a DO transfer without some sort of remediation. Sounds highly suspect.