Touro SMP vs Western MSMS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doit4humanity

It's Morphin' Time!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Between the two master program which one would be the best choice if you're pre-DO? Western program is like 10 minutes away from my where I live but when I contact administration they claim the program does not guaranteed an interview to their DO program while Touro's master program does guarantee an interview if your gpa remain 3.5 and above.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in the MSMS program at WesternU. I'm not pre-DO, but I am aware of the expectations to get into the DO program through our program. They do save seats for the pre-DOs in our MSMS class (class of 28, with 7 pre-dentals, 2 pre-optometry, with the rest pre-DOs, so you can see a big chunk are aiming for it). However, there is no official linkage. A big deciding factor is how well you do in our notorious Intensive Summer Anatomy Course (anatomy taken with the first year DO students). And if you manage to maintain at least a B in the classes afterwards, you're in pretty good shape.