TOURO students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johndean11229

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Serious guys, i am reading interview feedback and honestly, the feedback is not the greatest. i really would love to come to this school, but i was hoping someone can give me some positives of the school. i really would appreicate it greatly...thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think there is a great deal that is positive about TUCOM. The feedback you are getting is from people who interviewed there,not people who go there.
Check out the USMLE match and AOA match results on the web site. That speaks volumes about the kind of students we are turning out. The instruction here is as good as it gets. Nuff said about that.
I personally like that the rotation sites for 3rd and 4th year are all over the US. You can set up shop in one place or travel all over to get a feel for where you want to stay for residency.
My fellow students are some of the most extraordinary people I have ever met. There is no heavy sense of competition and we all get along really well.
There are growing pains involved in being a new school , but the goods outweigh the bads. I don't know what you heard, but if you have specific questions,just ask. :)

Hi. I am interviewing at TUCOM on Oct. 15. Do you know if there is a time to meet with current students? I am specifically interested in talking to some non-trad. students. I am 29 and married and would like to talk to some other women like myself. Are there any takers on this board?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in my fist year here at TUCOM and I really enjoy it. My top draw our top rate professors. They really take their time to help out students in anyway. The new block schedule system has its pluses/minuses...but it seems to be much better than having tests every mon (some 2nd years told me). There is a very diverse class and a number of organizations. Our class is very cooperative and do what we can to help each other. The dean told us by dec. they will be starting a mobile health clinic (van)to help give care in greater vallejo. Thus more chances for us 1st and 2nd years to have more hands on training. I also like the fact that we have early training in our physical diagnosis class so start using our med instruments and learn to take vitals early. ...And i cant forget to mention our anatomy lab...it may be the best (and nicest smelling) one around.

Call admissions and ask for a catalog to be sent to you. Also a good source of info on tucom is by loooking through the archives on old sdn posts.

Sugar .. . There are a number non-trad females students, and many with families who live on the on-campus housing. I dont think you will have time on the interview day to visit too many students other than your tour guide since your day is pretty scheduled. Perhaps you can visit the day before or after your interview. Good luck to everyone.

Thanks shellbell, I appreciate the info. I am looking forward to visiting. I've gotten feedback from a couple of students and really feel like Touro is one of my top two choices. Thanks again!