Touro TCDM Interview - What are some helpful UNCOMMON interview tips to share?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ben-PreDent-CA

Reaction score
Hello there! This is my first post on SDN so I hope that this thread finds well.

I am interviewing with Touro College of Dental Medicine in about 1 week from now and I wanted to see if applicants, dental students, or dentists, can share any helpful uncommon interview tips.
(Does not have to be TCDM related)

Searching online I am only able to find the basics, but I am sure everyone has a unique piece of advice to share.

I appreciate it! Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Know you’re app because they’ll ask questions about it and have answers to the common interview questions “why dentistry, why this school”. It’s a relaxed 1 on 1 interview with a faculty member, no difficult questions. They are all very very nice:)

Reactions: 1 user
Know you’re app because they’ll ask questions about it and have answers to the common interview questions “why dentistry, why this school”. It’s a relaxed 1 on 1 interview with a faculty member, no difficult questions. They are all very very nice:)

Thank you for your warm response!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, Is the interview end exactly at 4??

Know a few unique facts about Touro and how they distinguish themselves:

1) as the newest school in the country, they are at the forefront of technological developments and are teaching the students how to use the discoveries to aid their technique. This allows the students to really be proactive as dentistry is now transforming from a reactive discipline to a proactive one.
2) There is no postgraduate residency programs on campus. While this may be counterintuitive, it actually allows the students to treat more complex cases than students in other schools do. This is because, in a regular school that has residents, they will almost always take the complex cases, and the student will not be able to even start the case. A friend in Touro told me he did a full mouth reconstruction- unheard of in most schools.
3) Their faculty is the best from all the schools in the tri-state area- Columbia, NYU, Rutgers, etc...
Thus, you will get a filtered version with the best of all the schools combined into one amazing program.
4) Students assist fellow students in clinic. So, instead of working on patients 5 days a week, you switch off with your partner assisting and practicing. This mimics a private practice much more, and allows for better collaboration between students.
5) It is a Jewish school. This will give you double days off, as there are many Jewish holidays that they observe with strict rules about not working like Sabbath.

Hope this helps...

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using SDN mobile

Reactions: 2 users