Touro University (CA) Class of 2013!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sprinkle0420

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I will be attending Touro University College of Pharmacy this August and I wanted to start a thread so I get to know others in my class. For those of you already attending Touro, I was wondering if you knew of any good deals for housing on the island? I look forward to meeting all of you !
-Andricia AKA Andy

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Dropping a "hello" here. I'll be going to Touro as well in the fall!

Anybody interested in sharing a home on Mare Island? I'm being OCD and trying to find a big house to share with some Touro students. I live in CA so could organize things. If anybody is interested in sharing with me, my husband (he won't be around much as he's a chef and works weird hours) and two little doggies let me know! [email protected]

I'll be starting the PA/MPH program this August. I look forward to meeting all of you future health professionals.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys,

I will be attending touro pharm school this coming fall as well. I'm looking for a room for share .. if you guys are interested, we can hook up and rent a big apartment or something. Please let me know. Thanks!

Hello everyone! Looking forward to meeting all of you this Fall. :)

Anybody interested in sharing a home on Mare Island? I'm being OCD and trying to find a big house to share with some Touro students. I live in CA so could organize things. If anybody is interested in sharing with me, my husband (he won't be around much as he's a chef and works weird hours) and two little doggies let me know! [email protected]

I'll be starting the PA/MPH program this August. I look forward to meeting all of you future health professionals.

Hi There,

My boyfriend and I are looking to do the same thing as you actually. Do you know how much houses run for rent on Mare Island by any chance?

hey guys, i'll be attending touro this fall also. I'm excited to meet all of you. Has anyone started looking for housing yet? I've been searching up and down to see the price range, it's pretty expensive. Hopefully we can find some good deals.

hey guys, i'll be attending touro this fall also. I'm excited to meet all of you. Has anyone started looking for housing yet? I've been searching up and down to see the price range, it's pretty expensive. Hopefully we can find some good deals.

I have started looking for stuff on Craigslist and I thought that the apartments and houses for rent were pretty cheap actually for the bay area. One can't usually find a good place in The Bay for under $1200...and were talking a small one bedroom or studio apartment. I was actually pleasantly suprised you can rent a 3-bedroom house in Vallejo for around $1200, thing is I am having a hard tim finding stuff that is actually on Mare Island. Are you from California?

Hey, there. Anyone going to go up and look at some of the houses?

Hi everyone,
Congrats on your acceptance. I'll be attending Touro COP starting fall 09 as well. I just wanted to ask you if you are on facebook, search for
Touro University - CA COP 2013

and join the group so that we could get to know each other better before we start school.

All the best.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi future Touro students,

Im a P2 (soon to be P3) and I'm looking for roomates to fill a large, 6 bedroom house (4 baths) located in American Canyon, about ~12 minutes away from campus. American Canyon is much nicer and safer than Vallejo. I will have 3 bedrooms available starting June 15th (must move in before July 15th):
1 large room w/ bath: $550
2 medium size rooms : $425 each

Contact me if you are interested or have any questions: [email protected]

Hi Everyone!!

First of all, congratulations on getting into Touro! I'm very excited to meet all of you guys. Secondly, please let me know about housing prices on Mare Island and in Benecio as well. Thanks!!

And oh yes, I joined the new fb group too. :]

Hey there everyone,

I was wondering if anyone is planning on commuting to school from the East Bay (Fremont, Union City, Newark, hayward, San Jose, etc)? I think I might be choosing to commute from Fremont since I might not be able to get a co-signer for the Grad Plus loan and wanted to see if anyone was intersted in doing a carpool?

Hey guys, this is moe alwah and ill be attending phamacy school this fall with u guys. Im from michigan so i wont know much about cali, hopefully u guys could show me around. Looking forward to meeting u guys :D

Hi everyone,
Congrats on your acceptance. I'll be attending Touro COP starting fall 09 as well. I just wanted to ask you if you are on facebook, search for
Touro University - CA COP 2013

and join the group so that we could get to know each other better before we start school.

All the best.

Hi there, i just joined the group on facebook. You wouldnt happen to know how i could change by member name on SDN would u? Its really bothering me. If anyone else does know how please let me know, thanx in advance.

Hi class of 2013! Congrats on being accepted to Touro.

I'm looking to sublet my place starting at the beginning of June (perfect for Touro students, especially for those participating in the DO/Pharm/MPH program). My lease ends in July, so you can do a month-to-month rental contract with the landlady.

It is a 3-bed, 1-bath home just a short 7 minute drive away from Touro. Two stories with beds and bath on the second floor. Hardwood floor through out, the home is pet friendly with a beautiful garden with a great view of the Napa River. There's a basement for storage. Washer and Dryer included. The living room has a gas fireplace. You can go to this website to view the place:

http://www.box.net/shared/gftla6qv47

The sublet will be for $1550 for the month of June. You can negotiate with the landlady afterwards for your month-to-month contract. She's very nice, flexible and understanding. Please call or email me if you're interested.
E: [email protected]
P: 714. 726.5091

Andrew

Besides the acceptance packet, have you guys received information on the immunizations and other necessary information (books and supplies, housing, email account, etc.) required before matriculation? I was also wondering if the 1K tuition deposit refundable?

Besides the acceptance packet, have you guys received information on the immunizations and other necessary information (books and supplies, housing, email account, etc.) required before matriculation? I was also wondering if the 1K tuition deposit refundable?

Hey there,

I haven't received anything yet either regarding the immunization proof and background check forms. I am thinking they are waiting to see who pays the $1000 deposit before sending us the information we need to move forward. I also called Financial Aid on May 6th regarding Stafford Loans and they said information regarding this wouldn't be mailed out for another 2-3 weeks. As for the deposit money, I think the initial 2 grand deposit is non-refundable and the 1 grand deposit is refundable. I did get an email from a student at Touro who was pretty helpful in answering my questions, I guess it part of their mentoring program there.

Hi Guys,

First of all congratulations on your acceptance!

I am currently a P1 at Touro and live on the island in a house. I have 2 rooms available for rent and thought I would post here see if any new P1s were interested.

You get your own room and bathroom. Rent for one room is 650 and the other is 600. Utilities (water, electricity, garbage, maintenance) are included!! High speed internet access is included in the rent as well! It's literally a 2 minute drive to school.
I love living on the island as its one of the few safe places in vallejo. I'm sure you guys have heard about the major issues the city has with crime. You can start paying rent in August (usually the houses on the island require you to start paying in July).

I'm pretty easy going and usually busy studying (you guys are going to quite busy as well)....there are no major rules in the house. I'm just looking someone who is clean, quiet, cleans after themselves...does not have parties in the house. Females only and no pets please.
As a P1, I lived with a P2 who was an incredible help though out the year---w/advice about professors, classes, studying, etc....so I thought it might be nice if as a P2, I had P1 roommates.

If interested, please email me asap (since we're gonna be done soon and I'm gonna be going home) with a short intro and your contact info/phone #.

Thanks. :)

This is one house in the Lennar home development on Mare Island, the ONLY houses on Mare Island!

I'm a current resident for the past year, and a P2 moving out.

There are 4 rooms available in the 2-story house:
http://www.liquidcelldesigns.com/mare_island_home/home.html

$650 for your own room, with garbage & _FIBER-OPTIC_ (superfast!) internet included.

Living this close to school in this nice of a house is a crime.

I loved my time there with the super-chill & helpful landlord. He's a former Touro student, and not much older than us! He's very responsive -- drives over whenever we have some little issue!

About half the houses on Mare Island have been foreclosed on (evicting some of our classmates in the process!!), but this one isn't in any danger of doing so.

So, if you don't want to have to move somewhere else because your lousy landlord got foreclosed on, pick this place. But, if you like that kind of thing, feel free to look elsewhere.

mention "adam" when you email the landlord, dkaystp<at>hotmail<dot>com , to guarantee your place.

Hello future fellow classmates,

I have a question for all of you regarding financial aid. Who are you guys choosing as a lender? This may be a stupid question, but does it really matter who we choose as our lender? And if so, how? I'm thinking of picking Bank of America since I have a checking, savings, and credit card with them so it may be easier to manage my finances with one banking institution. Please share your ideas. Thanks.

Hey guys, I need help in picking out a place to live while attending Touro (Vallejo). Where around Vallejo do you all live and how is it? Would you recommend the place to a new Touro student? Please discuss the safety, price, and distance to Touro. Any issues? Thank you.

****LOWERED RENT****
Large 2-Story House on Mare Island perfect for Touro Students
Minutes away from campus, close to freeways, amazing views!
Close to golf course, hiking trails, Heritage Park, outdoor patio, and landscaped yards
Corner lot w/ plenty of parking in front! 2 fireplaces
Tile flooring in kitchen w/granite countertops, refrigerator, etc
Carpeted bedrooms & each has a ceiling fan and ample closet space
Lots of storage areas, and downstairs has office areas
Laundry room with washer and dryer; Dual zone central heat and AC

AVAILABLE: August 1st 2009
4 Bedrooms; 2 ½ Bathrooms

1 Master Suite w/ Large Master Bathroom: $800
1 bedroom w/ walk-in closet: $650
1 bedroom w/regular closet: $625
1 bedroom w/regular closet: $625
**Special Group Rate Available**
Must sign 1 year lease; need 1 month's rent as security deposit
Water, Garbage, Sewer INCLUDED

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I am renting a beautiful 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom house on mare island (granite counter tops, loft upstairs, 2 car garage, patio, etc) with another tucom student, and we are looking for a 3rd roommate. If you are interested, please email me at [email protected].

Thanks!

Hi guys I am going to start P1 next month. I thought I had perfect housing arrangements but they did not work out. I am in desperate need of place now but everything I am finding for an affordable price is in the older neighborhoods. I do not have a preference of living on or off the island as long as living off is not to far away. I would prefer females or a female let me know if anyone has a room still.

Hi Guys:

I am so sorry that I am interrupting in this thread but I need your help as a mentor. I have my interview in Touro and I am so nervous. Can you please give me some information about the questions on interview and the topics of your essays? Please help.

I hope this thread is still active.

I am a PGY1 student starting on fall 2010. I am looking for roommates/friends. If you have a room available and need a roommate, I will be happy to see the place. Or, if you are looking for a roommate I would be glad to talk or meet. I live in San Jose now

Greetings! I have a room for rent in a Vallejo home in case anyone is interested.

Did anyone got accepted from the low alternative list??

I was placed on the LOW alternative :(, does anyone know if i have any chance?