Touro University - California

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They are building a new lecture hall where the swimming pool was and the room will be pentagon-shaped with breakout rooms (similar to Western and USN). Not too sure what else they're adding....

Members don't see this ad.

thank you for the reply.

i had heard about that swimming pool/lecture hall plan. glad to see it's finally coming to fruition. actually what i heard was that they were going to put two lecture halls in that space, to hold two classes. i wonder if this is still the case? i also wonder when this is all supposed to be done?

thanks again for the reply. if anyone has the answer to either of the above questions, please chip in. and good luck to you all.

-drgiggles

DScheveningen said:
If we're going to a new pharm school like Touro University, is it considered a risky gamble? I'm debating if I should give that school a chance since it's close to where I live.

do you know how many have been accepted into the program so far that have paid the $2000.00 :cool:

Members don't see this ad :)
yuki said:
I just canceled my interview with Touro. I got accepeted to USC and although I would love to go here (since my fiance is here) we decide that USC would be a better fit for me. So hopefully, one of you can take the spot.

My GPA acumulative is 3.43
and science was 3.33

I turned in my application 1st - 2nd week of Jan. Feel free to PM me with questions. Good luck!!

Do you know how many other students have done the same due to an acceptance into another program.
Sincerely,
[email protected]

baptizeman said:
Do you know how many other students have done the same due to an acceptance into another program.
Sincerely,
[email protected]

Is Baptizeman... Alex? just curious... if so I know you :eek: jk :D

so I log on to SDN and see 4 updated Threads all about Touro, only 2 of which were unique (content wise: 1) accepted & 2) interviews) and 3 had very similar names to the threads about the same topic. The Mod should combine the other 2, Touro College of Pharmacy and Touro University, with this one.

Can people please check to see if a recent thread about their question has already been started BEFORE they begin new threads (makes it easier on users like abangchan who won't have to go thru the hassel of posting twice in hopes of getting responses)?

just my 2 cents.

I love Sushi~! said:
Is Baptizeman... Alex? just curious... if so I know you :eek: jk :D
:laugh: no, it's not Alex. This is Andres Velasquez from Merced, CA :D

nazila said:
hi,
i wanted to know if anyone applied to touro university and if they heard anything, or went to an interview. if so, how was the interview like? how was the written part of the interview? what was your GPA? did you have a bachelors degree? -Thank you

:) :) I had my interview on Feb 28th. The level of competition went up. Everyone had a Degree and 2 had their Masters. I don't know how everything is now on 4/3/05 since students tend to keep to themselves due to "competition". I beleive more students will be open after April interviews since no interviews will be done in May. Final results should be comming in around mid May to Late May. :oops:

Touro University, California's College of Pharmacy will be hosting its final Open House for this academic year on Wednesday evening, April 20th from 5:15 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on our Mare Island Campus. Beginning with a wine and cheese "mixer," the program includes a tour of the campus, workshops on admissions and financial assistance and, best of all, a "up-close and personal" meeting with the Dean, Dr. Katherine Knapp.

The College of Pharmacy (PharmD) is unique nationwide as it combines 2 years of didactic instruction with a 2-year clinical component. This differs from the 3 and 1 national paradigm. We will be accepting direct applications for candidates interested in starting in the Fall 2006 on June 1, 2005. On January 1, 2006 we will be only accepting applications through PharmCas. This should be welcome news for students who want to avoid the necessity of going through the primary application process and expense. This Open House will be particularly useful for candidates who want to submit a direct application prior to January 1, 2006.

Touro University, California is a regionally accredited university located on Mare Island in the northeast part of San Francisco Bay. For additional information and directions to the campus, go to www.tu.edu and click on "Prospective Students", then on the "College of Pharmacy".