Program-Specific Info / Q's Touro University Nevada Wait-list OT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jpOT12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I had an interview for the Occupational Therapy program at Touro University in Nevada on February 27th (2014). Three days after, I found out I was wait-listed. Has anyone heard anything from the school? Or any thing? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I had an interview in December and am on the wait-list as well. I think the class is pretty full as of right now, but I guess someone could always drop.

When I asked what number I am on the waitlist, Charles said that Dr. Randall would know that information, but when I contacted her she said there's no "rank." I think this sounds like a lot of BS. You can't tell me they just randomly select people off the waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I heard that when I asked as well. I was told when a spot opens up, they review all of the applicants who are on the wait-list and then decide.

I realize that it's been a while since anyone has posted in here. But, of those who have been wait listed, what were your stats like? How early did you apply? and were any of you every admitted to the program? Sorry for all the questions but, I'm applying to the program for 2015 and wanted to get some info about this program.. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
I was eventually accepted about a month or two ago but decided on a different school since I was not prepared to move to Nevada in a couple weeks. My overall GPA is a 3.4 and my pre-requisite GPA was about a 3.85 for Touro. I applied early September. I suggest applying as early as possible.

Has anyone interviewed and/or been accepted at Touro starting July 2015?

I haven't yet. I applied through OTCAS November 13th and just got the email invitation today to complete the supplemental application. Their website says that interviews start as early as November (hear back 2 weeks post-interview), so I'm curious myself as to how full the class already is.

I haven't yet. I applied through OTCAS November 13th and just got the email invitation today to complete the supplemental application. Their website says that interviews start as early as November (hear back 2 weeks post-interview), so I'm curious myself as to how full the class already is.
You will not hear back that quick. I was 1 of 12 for the 1st interview day on Nov. 6, 2014 and we were told we would not hear till the end of January. I just at found out today that I was wait listed

I'm sorry to hear that little Italy. I was recently wait listed at a
School in AZ. So, I know how you must feel. Did they contact you via email or mail? And, do you know where you stand on the wait list? Can you also shed some light on the interview. Also, do you mind sharing your stats? Sorry for all the questions. I have an interview next week on the 5th and it could potentially be the only school left for me.

Yes they will always contact you via email. No None of us that got on the wait list know where we stand, and they were very adamant that we not ask because it changes. I kind of wondered about that especially since they said the earlier you apply the better :/ Apparently not for me. However one student for 2014 cohort was waitlisted and got accepted two weeks before class started. My general gpa is 3.89 and my cum. GPA is 3.30

Yes they will always contact you via email. No None of us that got on the wait list know where we stand, and they were very adamant that we not ask because it changes. I kind of wondered about that especially since they said the earlier you apply the better :/ Apparently not for me. However one student for 2014 cohort was wait listed and got accepted two weeks before class started. My general gpa is 3.89 and my cum. GPA is 3.30

Oh wow! you have great stats! I guess that does make sense since they are still interviewing other applicants. I've heard stories as well where people get called a week before the course starts and are expected to start asap.. Thanks for the info! I hope for the best for both you and I.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an interview from Touro today and I am wondering what it will be like. Does anyone know the type of question they'll ask? Any advice will help!

I received an interview from Touro today and I am wondering what it will be like. Does anyone know the type of question they'll ask? Any advice will help!

When is your interview? Mine is on November 19th, ahh!!

Last edited:
Just know how to talk about yourself during the one on ones and show them that you can work with others in the little activity, which is all I'm saying :). It's a fun and interactive day, which I'm sure you guys will enjoy! Just be confident and enjoy your time there. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Mines on November 5th!

How was the interview!? Mine is on Thursday! What was the group activity like? Were the individual interview questions pretty easy and generic? What did you think of the facilities?

How was the interview!? Mine is on Thursday! What was the group activity like? Were the individual interview questions pretty easy and generic? What did you think of the facilities?

How was your interview!?

It was a really good experience. I liked the school a lot more than I expected! Are you interviewing soon?

I called them yesterday because I had a question about where to upload the observation forms, and at the end of the convo he asked me what my name was. And apparently they've been waiting on me to send those and has been holding out an invitation to interview. So he kinda gave me a "heads up" that I will be invited for the December 4. Which is next week ):

Was it a whole day thing? What questions did they ask you?

I called them yesterday because I had a question about where to upload the observation forms, and at the end of the convo he asked me what my name was. And apparently they've been waiting on me to send those and has been holding out an invitation to interview. So he kinda gave me a "heads up" that I will be invited for the December 4. Which is next week ):

Was it a whole day thing? What questions did they ask you?

Well congrats on getting the interview, I hope you can make it out there with such short notice! It was my longest interview by far, 8am-3pm, but that allowed me got a really good feel for the program. The questions were very basic, nothing to worry about.

I know its early, but has anyone who interviewed at Touro in the last month heard anything yet?

I know its early, but has anyone who interviewed at Touro in the last month heard anything yet?

Nope. They said we won't hear back till the end of January at the latest but hopefully late December. I just want to know already!

Well congrats on getting the interview, I hope you can make it out there with such short notice! It was my longest interview by far, 8am-3pm, but that allowed me got a really good feel for the program. The questions were very basic, nothing to worry about.

If you don't mind me asking, what basic questions exactly? I just got the email TODAY that I am invited for an interview this upcoming Thursday and I would like to be prepared as much as possible! I'm open with any insight or advice :)

If you don't mind me asking, what basic questions exactly? I just got the email TODAY that I am invited for an interview this upcoming Thursday and I would like to be prepared as much as possible! I'm open with any insight or advice :)

I don't want to give too much away, so here's a link with a good list of interview questions. Obviously they won't ask all of those, but that'll give you an idea of what you should be prepared to answer. A week is plenty of time to prepare, I really only prepared 24-48 hours in advance. Just be yourself and be confident!

http://sciencepreps.iupui.edu/occupational-physical-therapy-programs-interview-questions

Happy new year everyone! I know Charles said the latest we should hear something from them is late January & early Feb. but I was curious to know if anyone has heard anything?

Happy new year everyone! I know Charles said the latest we should hear something from them is late January & early Feb. but I was curious to know if anyone has heard anything?

I heard back on Christmas funny enough!

Gaaaah, I didn't think they were already giving out acceptances. Now I'm nervous I didn't get in or got wait listed. But congrats to you!! Are you planning on attending there?

That makes me nervous that I haven't heard anything yet D:

Were you accepted to Touro?! If you are congratulations!
@treeleaves

Thanks guys. I was accepted! I don't know yet if it's the program I will be attending but I really loved the faculty and I think Touro would provide a great education!

Don't get discouraged yet, I had some connections there since my dad is an associate professor at Touro. While the OT's didn't know my dad, they knew I had seen how well touro prepared their students, and a few professors even commented on how serious I must be about their program. I can't say my dad got me in though. I had a strong application and great interviews and I know I got in on my own merit, but I may have been one of the first to hear back because of my dad, so just hang in there! While I was at the interview they also shared an interesting statistic on how in past years they've offered spots to 80 of the 120 people they interviewed. So if you interviewed there, you have a pretty good chance of getting in off the waitlist at some point!

Last edited:
Just know how to talk about yourself during the one on ones and show them that you can work with others in the little activity, which is all I'm saying :). It's a fun and interactive day, which I'm sure you guys will enjoy! Just be confident and enjoy your time there. Good luck!
Hi! I am interviewing at Touro this week and was wondering if the group interview which is listed on the itinerary really a group activity instead? I have been asking around to get input on how those who have interviewed at grad schools will think the group interview would be but no one has experienced this. They had group activities instead!

Hi! I am interviewing at Touro this week and was wondering if the group interview which is listed on the itinerary really a group activity instead? I have been asking around to get input on how those who have interviewed at grad schools will think the group interview would be but no one has experienced this. They had group activities instead!

Have you heard back from Touro?

Has anyone heard back from Touro? I just want to know already :(