Program-Specific Info / Q's Touro University NV, Midwestern University AZ, AT Stills University AZ, Concordia University WI 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

#OTJen

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from these schools?
I was verified on 9/26 and have heard back from ATSU, CUW, and MWU but not TUN.
ATSU required payment before the school would formally review the OTCAS application. A few days after paying, I received an e-mail today saying that it was being reviewed.
CUW requires a secondary personal statement that I'm currently working on and will be submitting asap.
MWU sent an e-mail asking me to set up a profile so that I could track the status of my application. They said to allow 3-5 days for review.
It is great to know things are moving forward! The waiting game is making me really nervous. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you and best of luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
ATSU required payment before the school would formally review the OTCAS application. A few days after paying, I received an e-mail today saying that it was being reviewed.
CUW requires a secondary personal statement as well as payment..I'm currently working on the statement and will be submitting asap.
MWU sent an e-mail asking me to set up a profile so that I could track the status of my application. They said to allow 3-5 days for review.
It is great to know things are moving forward! The waiting game is making me really nervous. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I was verified on 9/23 and got an email from MWU on 9/25 to set up my profile but haven't heard anything more...yet. It would be awesome to hear something positive today! That would make my weekend wonderful! :)

CUW requires a secondary personal statement as well as payment..I'm currently working on the statement and will be submitting asap.

Did you send your transcripts directly to AT Still University? Their website says to submit transcripts but it doesn't say where to mail them...Do they just mean you need to submit them to OTCAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent my transcripts via OTCAS. They may ask for a hard copy if you are accepted though.

Did you send your transcripts directly to AT Still University? Their website says to submit transcripts but it doesn't say where to mail them...Do they just mean you need to submit them to OTCAS?
m

No, unfortunately not :( It been 11 days since I created a profile. Getting kind of nervous!

Anyone hear back from AT Still yet? I know they have been reviewing applications but have they started interviewing/accepting applicants?

Where did you see that CUW requires a payment? I applied there too.

Where did you see that CUW requires a payment? I applied there too.

No payment for CUW..just a supplemental essay. Sorry for the confusion. I e-mailed Katie from CUW recently and she said that the Jan 2015 cohort is full and that they will start looking at completed applications in Feb for the early decision deadline. Best of luck!

Anyone hear back from AT Still yet? I know they have been reviewing applications but have they started interviewing/accepting applicants?

I recently send Erlinda an e-mail asking what the typical wait was and she replied- "It's hard to give a time frame. The admissions committee has your file for review. Hopefully, you'll hear from us within the month, but you may not. We just had our first interview date today and I'm scheduling others. Not hearing isn't necessarily bad, it's just that there are a lot of applications to review"

Thanks so much for that update! I'm hoping we will hear some good news soon.

Is anyone going to the Dec interviews at Touro University in NV?

Is anyone going to the Dec interviews at Touro University in NV?
Hi I was wondering if you could share your stats with me? I'm going to be applying in the 2016 cycle and Touro NV is one of my choices. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I would prefer not to share my stats. I believe it just adds to the anxiety that already comes with applying to schools. What I have found to be more important to focus on is experience (observation/shadow hours), desire (to become an OT and clear understanding of your reasoning for wanting to be an OT), and understanding of the OT field (including the basics, as well as specific areas that might be of interest to you). I strongly suggest observing in several different settings, finding some great references, and starting on your personal statement early. Of course your grades and undergraduate degree are important, but I believe more attention if paid to the unique experiences and what you learned from them, your ability to articulate why you are choosing the career, and how advancing your career fits into your goals. Hope this helps! Best of luck!

I would prefer not to share my stats. I believe it just adds to the anxiety that already comes with applying to schools. What I have found to be more important to focus on is experience (observation/shadow hours), desire (to become an OT and clear understanding of your reasoning for wanting to be an OT), and understanding of the OT field (including the basics, as well as specific areas that might be of interest to you). I strongly suggest observing in several different settings, finding some great references, and starting on your personal statement early. Of course your grades and undergraduate degree are important, but I believe more attention if paid to the unique experiences and what you learned from them, your ability to articulate why you are choosing the career, and how advancing your career fits into your goals. Hope this helps! Best of luck!
Thanks; good luck to you too!

For TUN, they want an uploaded pdf of the documentation of experience. Should you list all observation hours on one sheet even if they are in different settings? Or do you provide multiple sheets from different settings? The secondary application isn't allowing me to upload multiple pdfs. And, if they are all in one pdf, it exceeds the 600 KB requirement. Anyone figure out at way to do this?

Last edited:
You want to use a different form for each OT you observed. I had several different forms and ended up e-mailing them to Charles from admissions. If you have any questions give him a call. He is amazing and super helpful. I was confused about where to upload the forms since in the email inviting me to fill out a secondary application said to upload them to the supplemental info section and I didn't see that section or a place to upload them. Hope this helps! Get your forms in soon so that they can invite you to interview! I have an interview scheduled for Dec 4th!! Kind of nervous but mostly excited :) Best of luck to you!

Thanks @#OTJen! I ended up resizing them to fit the 600KB. It's not as clear but I'll be sure to email Charles as well. Thanks for the suggestion! I just submitted the application so I'm hoping I hear back soon. Good luck to you! May I ask how long it took the admissions committee to contact you for an interview after you submitted the secondary app?

It probably took less then a week. Did you apply anywhere else?

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I applied to MWU AZ & IL.

Have you head anything back from AZ? I filled out the secondary application and didn't hear anything for over a month. After checking my status nearly every day, I emailed admissions and they said I was on the wait list to interview.

I got an email on Nov 18th saying that my application was under review but, never had any notice about a secondary application. Haven't heard anything after that. Like you, I have been checking the MWUnet everyday for an update.. When did you email them?

By secondary application, I mean profile. Sorry for the confusion. I sent the email on Wed and heard back on Thursday. They said that I still could get an invite to interview in the Spring. That's a long wait!

Thanks for the clarification! Scared me for a second.. I guess I should wait a little longer before emailing them for an update. I wonder what that means... Could they possibly have filled their class for 2015? By chance, do you know how many interviews have been conducted for Touro?

They will probably tell you the same thing. I think that they get a ton of applicants and it just means they have to interview the ones that came in first. There is probably still a chance. I don't think the cohort is full yet.
I believe that TUN has had one or two interview sessions already.

I hope so! Hopefully I hear back from TUN next week before the holiday.

Thanks for the clarification! Scared me for a second.. I guess I should wait a little longer before emailing them for an update. I wonder what that means... Could they possibly have filled their class for 2015? By chance, do you know how many interviews have been conducted for Touro?

Waitlisted for an interview means that they liked what they saw and the application bears merit but they liked what they saw from other people more so they interview those people first. I recieved an official letter from MWU-Glendale about two months after I recieved notification to set up my profile. I emailed them after not hearing anything for a month so I already knew I had been waitlisted. When the official letter came my husband had gotten the mail and when he saw it he thought it was a rejection letter and freaked me out! Needless to say he was in the doghouse for the night! I have some friends that have gone to Midwestern. They feel pretty confident that I will get an interview. I hope so!

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview with AT Still this Friday. Already accepted to Midwestern. The interview for Midwestern was great and the professors are awesome! I am excited to see what AT Still has to offer. Anyone had an interview with AT Still and Midwestern?

I had an interview with Midwestern and A.T. Still. I got on the alternate list at Midwestern and accepted at A.T. Still. I personally liked A.T. Still a lot more. They were very friendly, and everybody gets asked the same questions. If I would have been accepted to Midwestern, then I would not have gone to my A.T. Still interview. I found being placed on the alternate list at Midwestern a blessing in disguise because I loved A.T. Still a lot more. It really just depends on what school is the best fit for you. Good luck!

Last edited:
I had an interview with Midwestern and A.T. Still. I got on the alternate list at Midwestern and accepted at A.T. Still. I personally liked A.T. Still a lot more. They were very friendly, and everybody gets asked the same questions. If I would have been accepted to Midwestern, then I would not have gone to my A.T. Still interview. I found being placed on the alternate list at Midwestern a blessing in disguise because I loved A.T. Still a lot more. It really just depends on what school is the best fit for you. Good luck!
Thank you for the quick response! What did you like more about AT Still? I have heard mixed response, but I guess my main turn off to AT Still is the research aspect it has....Midwestern is supposedly more hands on??? And thank you, I will need all the luck I can get.

I honestly felt more welcomed there. Everyone from the beginning was very friendly. I also like the campus. I don't remember what the curriculum is for Midwestern, but you do start your field work there earlier. You do have research at A.T. Still but I'm not sure what it entails. Also, tuition I believe is quite reasonably cheaper at A.T. Still. It really just depends on what personally suits you!

I received an email from Charles from Touro NV and he was asking for me to submit grades for the fall 2014 semester for a course evaluation. Has anyone had this for a course in progress? I replied to his email but did not get a response yet. Does he want me to submit my current grade right now or to wait for the semester to be over to submit my transcripts as well as update to OTCAS during the academic update.

When did you interview at TUN?

Congrats @littledragongs! May I ask your stats and when you applied?
futureOTsj
I applied in September,

University: University Nevada Las Vegas/Boyd School of Law
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.56
GRE: Verbal 157; Quantitative 153; Writing 4
Volunteer/Observation: 233 Hours observation hours. Pediatric OT/Hippotherapy (213 hours), Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital (20 hours)
Work Experience: 600+ hours Mental Health Technician at the state Psychiatric Hospital, 100+ hrs Basic skills training/Psychosocial rehabilitation working with at risk youth and children with developmental delays, and years of art experience
Applied to: Touro Nevada, Rush, UIC, USC, SJSU, Midwestern Glendale Campus
Acceptances: Touro Nevada
Rejections:
Interviews: Touro University Nevada, Rush University

When did you interview at TUN?
OTJen
December 4th

Last edited:
Anyone have any information on TUN? Interviews, acceptances, wait lists, declines? I have an interview in February and was looking for some intel on the school. Please & thanks!

Anyone know how AT Stills conducts their interviews? Questions, format, etc?

Anyone know how AT Stills conducts their interviews? Questions, format, etc?
It is a general two page question packet. Some questions were very odd in my opinion, I thought I did terrible...However, I received my acceptance within 2 weeks of the interview. It had a lot of the same questions other interviews had in regards to the basics. A few different ones and then they follow up with additional questions if you answer was not clear enough. I was interviewed by two professors and then received a quick tour from a student. Overall it took less than two hours.

@haley7 thanks for the info! do you remember any questions they asked you? What did you do to prepare yourself for your interview and what could you have done to better prepare yourself? And, will you be attending? Sorry for all the questions.. I have an interview next week and this will be my first interview with an OT program.

Last edited:
@haley7 thanks for the info! do you remember any questions they asked you? What did you do to prepare yourself for your interview and what could you have done to better prepare yourself? And, will you be attending? Sorry for all the questions.. I have an interview next week and this will be my first interview with an OT program.
I do plan to attend AT Still, I sent in my acceptance letter and fee last week. They gave me three weeks to do so.

Most questions are basic: Why OT? Why AT Still? What did you like/dislike about OTs you shadowed?

They also asked what I would do in certain situations. Honestly, before I went I wrote out all the possible questions I thought they would ask and wrote them down on paper and then my husband asked me the question and I would respond verbally.

Just relax and it is okay to stop and think... That is something I struggled with, I like filler words. I had to stop, think, then respond. They want a well rounded student. Not the best GPA and most shadowing hours. I am just above average on most of my school work and shadow hours, but I had a lot of outside experiences that I believe helped me in my interview as well as on paper.

Thank you @haley7! Congrats again on your acceptance. I will be sure to prepare myself for this interview. Hopefully we will be classmates!

Would it be to forward of me to call MWU and ask about an interview since I'll be in AZ next week? The cost of flights, hotel and a car would be my main concern but, I'm not sure if this would be inappropriate to ask of the admissions committee.

Would it be to forward of me to call MWU and ask about an interview since I'll be in AZ next week? The cost of flights, hotel and a car would be my main concern but, I'm not sure if this would be inappropriate to ask of the admissions committee.
I don't think it would hurt if you phrased it correctly. Maybe call and see if they are even conducting interviews that week and, if yes, can you stop by even if it is just a tour since you will already be in town.

So I emailed MWU for an update last week and emailed the contact given through OTCAS. Should I be patient or email the general admissions email address? I just want to know at what point people waitlisted for an interview are given the opportunity to interview...obviously depending on availability.

I called MWU yesterday for an update and I asked when the next interviews were being held. They told me that interviews will begin at the end of the month. And that I should be notified by the end of the week about the possibility of an interview. Sucks because I'll be in AZ this weekend. But, I'll be touring the campus on Friday.

FutureOTsj what number did you call. I just called for an update and they said my applications is in the hands of the OT department. I can't find the number.

Hi @Osillyphilly I got it from the MWU NET website. The number I called was, 623-572-3215 and then they connected me.

I called that number and it keep saying it doesn't work. Did you ask to be connected to the OT office? Thanks for the info. btw.

So I turned in my application the exact same day as you Nov.18. When I contacted Midwestern AZ they said my application is with the OT office and its up to them to make a decision on me. Did they tell you that too? I was trying to connect with the OT office to find out my status. Ughhhh so much waiting. :(

I asked to be connected with the OT office. They told me that my application is with the admissions committee and that I should hear something by mid week next week. They have been slow because of the holiday closure.

I know, I feel the same way.. I don't want to have to make another trip to AZ since I will be flying out there tomorrow morning.. I called MWU and set up a tour after asking them if there were any interviews being held and that's when the person told me that interviews were set for the end of the month.. Are you local in AZ?