Program-Specific Info / Q's Touro University- OTD Class of 2024

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTDean

Reaction score
Hello! I was wondering if anyone has applied or interviewed for Touro? I haven't seen a recent thread on this school and I was curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I applied.

Have not heard back yet thought. Would love to hear if any of you have been invited to an interview or anything.

Hello, I applied.

Have not heard back yet thought. Would love to hear if any of you have been invited to an interview or anything.
I actually interview on 11/12 & got accepted on 11/17!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you very much! When did you apply?
I applied in early October. I actually just heard back today, but only to complete their personal application. Next step would be the interview if they invite me! Crossing my fingers!!

I applied in early October. I actually just heard back today, but only to complete their personal application. Next step would be the interview if they invite me! Crossing my fingers!!
Update: I got invited to an interview! Could you tell me what your interview experience was like? Maybe some questions they asked?

Update: I got invited to an interview! Could you tell me what your interview experience was like? Maybe some questions they asked?
Congrats!
I would say to prepare by answering basic OT questions like, "Why do you want to become an OT?" Be prepared to answer situational questions, so I'd go over and think about your past volunteer/work experience. There is also a group activity portion, where you will collaborate with other interviewees. Above all, my biggest suggestion is to really be yourself! They already have your grades/stats, so they want to find out about the real you during the interview.

Reactions: 1 user
Congratulations!

I have an interview this week , definitely nervous. Best of luck to everyone and thank you OTDean for sharing your experience.

Congratulations!

I have an interview this week , definitely nervous. Best of luck to everyone and thank you OTDean for sharing your experience.
Hey was your interview on Thursday the 10th? If so, I was also there! How do you feel about it? I'm really nervous about it, but I am glad we will hear back pretty soon!

edit: I remember hearing that we were supposed to hear back this week. Anyone hear anything yet?

Last edited:
I just got an acceptance letter! I really wasn’t expecting it. There’s about a 95% chance that I’ll be taking my seat. Only reason I won’t is if UNLV accepts me and I find that I like it there more.

Anybody else get accepted today? A lot of you were really awesome during the interview and I’m excited to meet you all.

I just got an acceptance letter! I really wasn’t expecting it. There’s about a 95% chance that I’ll be taking my seat. Only reason I won’t is if UNLV accepts me and I find that I like it there more.

Anybody else get accepted today? A lot of you were really awesome during the interview and I’m excited to meet you all.
Congratulations!!! I received an acceptance as well. I felt it went very well and I agree that everyone was so great ; already felt like we were a cohort.

I accepted my seat there however, I am still interviewing for other schools. This next month I'll have a final decision where I'll be. Did you accept? Good luck with UNLV!

Hi! I interviewed last week (January 14th) and I received an acceptance letter today. I am not sure if I will be accepting yet but would love to connect with you guys!

Hi! I interviewed last week (January 14th) and I received an acceptance letter today. I am not sure if I will be accepting yet but would love to connect with you guys!
Hey! I saw your reply on the Gannon thread. I am choosing to attend Touro as it is cheaper than Gannon and in my hometown! They made me feel very at home and the school seems to be well established and organized.

Why do you feel Gannon is your top choice? The high price really deterred me.

Hey! I saw your reply on the Gannon thread. I am choosing to attend Touro as it is cheaper than Gannon and in my hometown! They made me feel very at home and the school seems to be well established and organized.

Why do you feel Gannon is your top choice? The high price really deterred me.
They are both great schools! I had a great conversation with the professor I interviewed with at Gannon, they really made me feel welcomed. Their facility looks amazing as well. I am torn between both schools because like you said, Gannon is pricey.

Hi all 👋 just received a interview after submitting my application a couple days ago! I’m from California! Any ideas what questions will be asked? Is anyone who has been offered a seat willing to post their stats and interview experience? Best of luck to you all!