Touro University PsyD Clinical Psychology Health Emphasis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

e7hoffy

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!
I'm looking for info about this program. Anyone in the program now that can help me with some questions that I have?

Members don't see this ad.

Wasn't their first cohort admitted in 2022? It is not yet accredited, or even accredited on contingency. I would strongly caution against anything that was not at least accredited on contingency unless you do not have a stellar application and have limited choices. Even then, it's a risky decision and you likely have better career alternatives.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't know anything about that program specifically, but I'd generally avoid anything associated with Touro like the plague. They made news when the institution was caught selling degrees when I was in undergrad, and I attended their counseling masters for a semester before running away horrified at their lack of educational standards and disappointing coursework. In short, it is not a respected institution and I have no reason to believe anything there has substantively changed over the last decade. If your interest is because you are looking for a Jewish institution, Yeshiva U would be a better bet.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Don't know anything about that program specifically, but I'd generally avoid anything associated with Touro like the plague. They made news when the institution was caught selling degrees when I was in undergrad, and I attended their counseling masters for a semester before running away horrified at their lack of educational standards and disappointing coursework. In short, it is not a respected institution and I have no reason to believe anything there has substantively changed over the last decade. If your interest is because you are looking for a Jewish institution, Yeshiva U would be a better bet.
Eh, Yeshiva has its own mess right now with the Supreme Court case and other issues with LGBTQ+ student and faculty (non-)rights.

Eh, Yeshiva has its own mess right now with the Supreme Court case and other issues with LGBTQ+ student and faculty (non-)rights.
sure, it's still a right-wing/orthodox institution, and all the unfortunate baggage that comes with that. Wouldn't necessarily recommend it, but in terms of the academics and level of rigor, leagues above Touro. Low bar, I know.

Reactions: 2 users
I was surprised to see this program developed. Touro, in my head, was always a step below community college (though, NYC has a great community college system). I have a hard time believing they have the priorities and resources necessary to make this a high-quality program.

But, I have no facts and this is just a potentially outdated perception of the institution.

I was surprised to see this program developed. Touro, in my head, was always a step below community college (though, NYC has a great community college system). I have a hard time believing they have the priorities and resources necessary to make this a high-quality program.

But, I have no facts and this is just a potentially outdated perception of the institution.

One of the worst physicians I have ever interacted with went to med school here, I believe.