Touro university: Some Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

redrose0786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone got waitlisted at Touro? Anyone who was waitlisted got accepted yet? Anyone from Friday April 13th interview got accepted? I interview on April 13th and got high alternative status. Just wondering how it works. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

How did you feel you did on the interview?

I thought I did well but we only answered a couple questions becasue half hour was gone just in introductions.

who was the prof. interviewing you?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think people on the wait-list generally have pretty decent chances at Touro.

Good luck.
bh

I also interviewed in April and was placed on high alternative list.

Does anyone know the date of the May interview? Please let me know.

Hey you guys! I went to the March 30th interview and I just found out two days ago that I got accepted!! I'm waitlisted at USC and Western University, but I'm not going to take my chances. I will put down my $2,000 deposit. Did anyone else get in that wants to move in with me? The graduate students there told me it's best to rent out a house.

Hey you guys! I went to the March 30th interview and I just found out two days ago that I got accepted!! I'm waitlisted at USC and Western University, but I'm not going to take my chances. I will put down my $2,000 deposit. Did anyone else get in that wants to move in with me? The graduate students there told me it's best to rent out a house.

Congras!
How come you found out so late, were you placed on the alternative list first? just trying to figure out how long my wait could be.

Hi Goofyprincess,
First of all, congrats!!! How was your interview at Touro? I'll have mine in mid-May. I wonder if you dont' mind to tell me how the interview went for you. Thanks!

Hi. I'm not going to Touro, but do live near Vallejo. I recommend searching CraigsList for housing. You'll find a lot there.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/apa/321688752.html
this is for a 3 br house... but i know nothing of the location.

You'll want to search in the East Bay; neighborhoods Vallejo/Benicia. You could search Fairfield/Vacaville too, but keep in mind that traffic can get pretty hectic in the mornings, especially if you'll have early classes. You'll be caught in the commute traffic.

Hey all, I interviewed on April 12th and I just got my letter Saturday saying that I am accepted!!! I am so excited, I thought my interview didn't go that well because I felt like I jumped the gun so to speak on answering two of the questions asked and I don't know if that came across as trying to monopolize the interview. Well, I guess I did something right because I'm in!!! Now I just have to find $2000 to put down my deposit LOL

Just joined this forum. Was interviewed on December and accepted in December. Luckily i put my deposit down as i am waitlisted everywhere else. Looking for roomates if possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone got waitlisted at Touro? Anyone who was waitlisted got accepted yet? Anyone from Friday April 13th interview got accepted? I interview on April 13th and got high alternative status. Just wondering how it works. Thanks.

My interview was on the same day as yours. I'm on the alternate waitlist as well. I think they're still interviewing through May :( . I just wish that they stop the interviews and start pulling people off the waitlist.

pardon me, this may not be the right thread to ask this, but where is touro, whats its ranking as a pharmacy college and is there anything particularly different about it? i ask because i keep seeing it mentioned on the boards, and i wonder why, especially when i have never heard of it before. is it new? thanks

Touro is in Vallejo, CA, more general, in northern part of CA. It's a new pharmacy program that started a few yrs ago. They haven't graduated their first class yet, so no ranking from what I know. What is special about them is their 2+2 program curriculum- 2 yrs of classroom/lecture and 2 yrs. of clerkship/experential.

Hey, I got accepted to Touro on Mar, 30th also and am putting down the $2,000. Looking for roomies, definately not going to live on campus it didn't look that great.

Hey, I got accepted to Touro from Mar, 30th interview also and am putting down the $2,000. Looking for roomies, definately not going to live on campus it didn't look that great.

ohhhhh, i see. UF is like that, too. i assumed all colleges of pharmacy did that. interesting. thanks for the answer :)

Just wondering, Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist yet?

hey does anyone know how do we accept the position on the alternative list. most schools will send youa letter you need to send them back but touro sent nothing so I just e-mailed Davis. anyone know if I am suppose to send them a letter accepting the position?

string theorist- Touro U is currently the only program in the US to offer a 2+2 program. I believe Western has 1.5 years of rotation but still not 2 :)

Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist yet or received any updates from Mr. Davis regards to their waitlist status?

Has anyone been pulled off the waitlist yet or received any updates from Mr. Davis regards to their waitlist status?

I think it said that they will start pulling people off the waitlist in June. Check the FAQ section of the letter they sent.

I think people on the wait-list generally have pretty decent chances at Touro.

Good luck.
bh
Hi bth7,

Everytime I read your post, I feel bit relaxed. But do you know, if your statement is true for this year pharmacy as well? It doesn't seem like there is any movement in the high-alternate waitlist yet? Please enlighgten us with your knowledge.

Thanks

Hi bth7,

Everytime I read your post, I feel bit relaxed. But do you know, if your statement is true for this year pharmacy as well? It doesn't seem like there is any movement in the high-alternate waitlist yet? Please enlighgten us with your knowledge.

Thanks

you know, in the letter they said they will pull off people from the waitlist but you are right there has been no movement yet. Not that I heard of anyway. I hope they contact us soon and give us an update on the status. I wish they had given us a number on the waitlist this way at we would have a better idea of our chances. Sigh...

got the update from touro today. Don't know if they have started pulling people from the list yet but they have split the high alternative list into two tiers. It really doesn't look good. Good thing I have already started my application for the next cycle.

got the update from touro today. Don't know if they have started pulling people from the list yet but they have split the high alternative list into two tiers. It really doesn't look good. Good thing I have already started my application for the next cycle.

Hi redrose0786,

How did you get this update? Through email or snail mail? Did it say when would it give the final update? Thanks for the input

Hi redrose0786,

How did you get this update? Through email or snail mail? Did it say when would it give the final update? Thanks for the input

I got the update in mail. It was dated June 21st. People on the waitlist would be contacted between now and August 1st which is the first day of mandatory orientation. Good Luck!