Touro vs MWU-AZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProspectiveFutDentist

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Very blessed to have been accepted to both. I am a CA resident, and cost and location are the two most important factors I'm considering.

Touro ($450K - correct me if I'm wrong)
Pros:
-Cheaper
-New York weather (not unbearably hot in summer), closer to a big city
-New state of the art facilities and clinics.

Cons:
-Newer school, not as established
-Far from home

MWU-AZ ($520K)
Pros:
-State of the art clinics, and facilities
-Faculty seemed really warm and friendly
-Closer to CA
-Perfect weather aside from the hot summers

Cons:
-More expensive
-Hot, dry summers

Is the price difference between these two schools significant enough to play a big factor in my decision? Any advice is appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

Very blessed to have been accepted to both. I am a CA resident, and cost and location are the two most important factors I'm considering.

Touro ($450K - correct me if I'm wrong)
Pros:
-Cheaper
-New York weather (not unbearably hot in summer), closer to a big city
-New state of the art facilities and clinics.

Cons:
-Newer school, not as established
-Far from home

MWU-AZ ($520K)
Pros:
-State of the art clinics, and facilities
-Faculty seemed really warm and friendly
-Closer to CA
-Perfect weather aside from the hot summers

Cons:
-More expensive
-Hot, dry summers

Is the price difference between these two schools significant enough to play a big factor in my decision? Any advice is appreciated.
cheaper

Reactions: 1 users
There is a small price difference but Mwu AZ is a more established program with better clinical experience
I would not call 70k (90k with interest over 10 years) an insignificant amount. You can buy a maserati with that.

As someone who attends Touro, I would not call the weather a plus. That being said, the not established thing is not as an issue as you might think. There are much older schools that have patient pool problems and reputation problems that Touro does not.