Touro vs Roseman University for dental school!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EmmaPreDent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title says it all...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Jesus people still think school reputation matters? Best answer you will get hands down....Cheapest school you get into pick it. If it's close then let us know.

Tip: Don't forget to look at cost of living my guess is Touro will set you back quite a bit on that end.

I have personally not heard of either school, so I don't think choosing either will make a difference for specializing. Touro is associated with a couple of osteopathic schools.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, if anyone is still having a hard time deciding between schools- Roseman is having an awesome event in April.
"Interested in Dentistry? Want to know what it's like to be a dental student?
Come join us in April for an opportunity to interact with Roseman dental students, faculty, and deans, while having fun! We'll show you around, feed you yummy food, and teach you a lot!
Who better to tell you all about the process of applying to dental school and being a successful dental student, than dental students themselves!
You'll have the chance to experience the Roseman learning model in some basic dental anatomy and radiology courses! You will also have a hands on experience in our Simulation Clinic learning how to do Crown Preps, Restorations, Impressions, and Models.
Preparing to apply to dental school can be tough, so we want to help support you in that process by offering mock interview practice and a Q & A Session.
The cost of this event will be $225."

Please see the facebook page: 2018 ADEA Sim Course hosted by Roseman ADEA

Yikes, $225 for a tour? That is really excessive.

Yikes, $225 for a tour? That is really excessive.
Saying it is just a tour is a pretty big understatement.... just read the description. Most of these “simulation courses” give you way more than that, and most charge more than that, too, so this is probably a pretty good opportunity to get to know Roseman (I’ve seen some into the thousands). I ran some of these at my school and although the quality and actual dental experience probably isn’t too great, it does give you a pretty in depth look at what it’s like to be a student there as well as gets you in touch with faculty and students at the school.

It’s not just a tour. It’s a 2-day event, which includes 5 meals, hands-on activities (crown prep, composite restorations, impressions and casts), an intraductory course to dental anatomy and radiology, as well as assistance with mock interviews/applications. Attendees will interact with several students and faculty. It’s a great opportunity!
There are 60$ discounts available for ASDA/ADEA members or if 4+ students register from your school.
My apologies. I missed that it was two days and inclusive of so many meals.

Last edited:

Last edited: